What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Parade of Buffs

I must of been in the minority. I didn't think it was a a bad night.
The food alone from Pasta Jays was worth it. Mini meatballs, mini sausages, Alfredo tortellini, manocotti, rolls... all you can eat. FREE.
Sure CU could have done a better job. They were trying to honor everybody in a small window.
Westbrooks' story, Tad Boyle, the Video and Mac's speech were highlights.

Pasta Jays is the worst - but they do love CU football, so that is nice

I must of been in the minority. I didn't think it was a a bad night.
The food alone from Pasta Jays was worth it. Mini meatballs, mini sausages, Alfredo tortellini, manocotti, rolls... all you can eat. FREE.
Sure CU could have done a better job. They were trying to honor everybody in a small window.
Westbrooks' story, Tad Boyle, the Video and Mac's speech were highlights.

A lot of people share your opinion.

I think I'm just tired of so much re-living of the past and frustrated about the lack of major announcement. When you're impatient to hear about a vision for the future, the last thing you want to hear is talk about 20 years ago if it's not tied into that vision.

Pasta Jay's did a very good job with catering. Great supporters of the Buffs. The food was much better than I expected from a free event. Well done on that note.

I don't get it, aren't we rolling in the $$ now? Surely they've had projects in the queue they could have announced - something like an indoor practice facility?

Not yet we arent, we have enough debt issues to completely chew up the first 2.5 years of pac-12 money.

I was probably a little harsh. It wasn't a bad event but it was pretty pointless in my eyes.

Small time leadership. While our visionless leaders put on an embarrassing high school pep rally, Oregon and everyone else continues to build and build, and win and win.

This is exactly why my interest in college football is waning. It's all about bucks. The big money is ruining what I enjoy about college football. We already have the nfl, and I don't like it very much.

Some dbag next to me got pissed when I pretty quietly booed Bohn. If that was you...:uglyhammer:

You see a lot of an older crowd who doesn't seem as passionately engaged with the current era, but is more there out of a sense of tradition. I am very curious to see what these events look like in 10 years, when the older crowd begins to be replaced with the folks who grew up in the down years.

I quietly booed DiStehpano. :lol:

Ya I booed him and Benson too.

I thought it was fun either way. Good food but way overpriced beer/drinks. That video was the tits, but I share the sentiment that constantly looking back at the past is tiring

When I saw the video, I was stoked and was wishing I had gone to the event. Then I read the recap and I'm glad I didn't. Same old ****. Announcements of future announcements. No vision, just reliving the past. What was the point of the whole thing? I don't get it.

Ya I booed him and Benson too.

I thought it was fun either way. Good food but way overpriced beer/drinks. That video was the tits, but I share the sentiment that constantly looking back at the past is tiring

Looking back may be tiring but I think that was the theme like it or not.
Once a Buff brother always a Buff brother. The idea that not only are you playing for your team & yourself but also for the true Buffs who were able to be one of the nation's top teams from 1989-1997.
The audience was reminded that a team in 5 years went from 1-10 to a National Champ. I'm not saying
that will happen because I don't see that kind of talent right now but the idea was to remind the young players that turn arounds can happen.

I quietly booed DiStehpano. :lol:
I think BB and Dr. Phil should be booed right along with MB. The only way to get this on track is to apply political pressure, that is the only thing those clowns understand. I believe CU is a great Universtiy. I believe great Universities strive for excellence across the board. Like it or not, your athletics program is the most visible thing a University has. The FB team is the most visible aspect of your athletics. It isn't that hard to understand the link between a FB team in the top 25 and a highly recognized University....

The audience was reminded that a team in 5 years went from 1-10 to a National Champ.

Funny how we get reminded of that at every turn every time we're struggling. :huh:

Just because we went from 1-10 to a national championship team in 5 years does not mean that every 1-10 team is 5 years away from a national championship. And just because Mac presided over such a turnaround does not mean that by replacing a losing coach you are firing the next Mac. I don't care how long they spend trying to build that connection, it isn't going to make it so....

I think BB and Dr. Phil should be booed right along with MB. The only way to get this on track is to apply political pressure, that is the only thing those clowns understand. I believe CU is a great Universtiy. I believe great Universities strive for excellence across the board. Like it or not, your athletics program is the most visible thing a University has. The FB team is the most visible aspect of your athletics. It isn't that hard to understand the link between a FB team in the top 25 and a highly recognized University....

Wrong. Most of the best schools have crappy sports, although there are exceptions.

Wrong. Most of the best schools have crappy sports, although there are exceptions.
Like UM, tOSU, USC, UW, Furd, Cal, Texas, Florida, Georgia, ND, Miami, GT, MSU, UCLA, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, etc.

Last edited:
Just stick to cooking the blue, walt...Michigan, tOSU, Duke, UNC, Stanford, USC, UT, hell even Vandy and Baylor are getiing on board. Unless you are an Ivy school, what I said is by and large true.

Though not there, I watched the video of last night's Parade of Buffs. Just my opinion, but I think the sole purpose was to attract donors/raise money. Sure, the parade of former players and coaches, the speeches, the band, the spectacular video presentation, having Ralphie there, etc. are all terrific for fans and alums like ourselves, especially considering this was a FREE event with FREE food. But, this event was to rally the base or preach to the choir as Coach Boyle said in his passionate speech. This event seemed to be a great promotional tool for the entire athletic program and a great way to raise money for the upcoming facilities improvements this spring. Maybe some merchandise was sold and some tickets were purchased to upcoming home athletic events, but if they were able to raise even just a few thousand bucks from people in attendance last night, get some goodwill from the community for bringing old and new faces to an intimate audience or get any type of media attention that this even garnered, then it was a success in my mind and likely theirs. Buffs Madness is in 2 weeks, Pearl Street Stampede is tonight, and every home game week. I feel like these events that the athletic department has or will put on are part of one big puzzle to get us back on the map and keep up with other universities that have been successful over the past 10 years with community relations and on field success. The move to the Pac 12, improving the CEC, getting new video boards at Folsom, the new indoor volleyball/basketball training facilities, sending the C-Unit to road games, the McDonald's Card promotion, the Muscle Milk promotion, the Cancer Awareness promotion for tomorrow's game, having Thursday night home games almost annually and prob a lot more events that I have forgot about and have yet to even hear about are all pretty great for not only fans to interact, but for the school to raise money and sell tickets. Not even 10 years ago, at the end of Barnett's tenure, we were breaking news of ESPN for horrible reasons, and a lot of people in power stepped down or got fired. I do not believe the crap that Hawkins said about "being burnt to the ground" but I do believe that with the social media age and with so many other schools during this time catching up to us or taking the lead in athletics or atmosphere, that we need every little thing to take our rightful place back as a premier university for not only education and research but athletics, too. I'm sure they had hopes for more than 1500 fans last night, but 1500 is still better than nothing and maybe it ends up selling 100 more tickets to the game on Saturday or gets 500 more people to attend Buffs madness in 2 weeks. Sorry for the long post...see everyone in 2 weeks for the ASU game and Buffs Madness!

Obviously the AD shouldn't be trying to do anything like this because they are always going to get it wrong is apparently the takeaway from this event.

Obviously the AD shouldn't be trying to do anything like this because they are always going to get it wrong is apparently the takeaway from this event.

If they actually had a vision to present to the fans and donors, an event like this could be immensely valuable. But there is no vision, seemingly, other than saying Embree=Mac, so we will be in the NC game in 5 years.

If they actually had a vision to present to the fans and donors, an event like this could be immensely valuable. But there is no vision, seemingly, other than saying Embree=Mac, so we will be in the NC game in 5 years.

:nod: I'll go to the pearl street parade on Friday nights to get my pep rally fill. This event isn't a bad idea just executed a little poorly. Since it was the first time it will probably get better. I'm grateful for the free food and all but it was pretty pointless.

you know Harvard can probably have an insane football team if they wanted to. They endowment sits at a little over $30 Billion dollars. They can throw a measly billion dollars at building facilities that NFL teams would envy and see if that entices recruits to get arguably the most renowned college degree in America and play in state of the art facilities at the same time.

Like UM, tOSU, USC, UW, Furd, Cal, Texas, Florida, Georgia, ND, Miami, GT, MSU, UCLA, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, etc.

When you are throwing around words like “excellence” and “the best”, here are the top schools. I’d say that my statement is accurate: most have crap sports, with a few exceptions.

Harvard
Princeton
Yale
Columbia
U of Chicago
MIT
Stanford
Duke
Penn
Cal Tech
Dartmouth
Northwestern
Johns Hopkins
Washington Univ. in St. L.
Brown
Cornell Rice
Vandy
Emory
Notre Dame

Plus, I would not use Miami as an example of how a successful football program can enhance the schools’ overall reputation. Probably could say the same about a number of other schools. Frankly, Kentuky’s basketball program, and the way they run it, makes me think less of the overall school.

The audience was reminded that a team in 5 years went from 1-10 to a National Champ.

Ugh. I'd really love it if somebody would remind them that the very same team went from conference champion to losing to Montana State in five years... and has never recovered.

Back