What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Parker Orms, Ayodeji Olatoye, Paul Vigo, Josh Moten and Liloa Nobriga --

If it is indeed the case that the coaching staff found it necessary to suspend players from 8 conference games for a first-time marijuana offense, they are going far off the deep end. This is 2011, not the 1950s.

If it is indeed the case that the coaching staff found it necessary to suspend players from 8 conference games for a first-time marijuana offense, they are going far off the deep end. This is 2011, not the 1950s.
Not first offense.

BuffChipsRadio seemed to intimate that it was something other than weed last night.

BuffChipsRadio seemed to intimate that it was something other than weed last night.

That was a weird segment, not sure I would be reading too much into it.

Can't say it is true for all five guys, but some of them have had ongoing issues. Olatoye was already suspended, Nobriga has not been playing much, etc.

Don't care what year it is. if the penalty for breaking any rule is suspension and you break that rule it should get you suspended. first offense or not, weed or not.
stupid kids.

I got the impression from listening to Ringo this morning on The Ticket that it was a combination of poor classroom performance and football work ethic, as well as past and/or present rules violations.

a 9 game suspension is pretty damn hard for something that did not involve any law enforcement, and right now is being billed as breaking team rules.

I will hold off on passing judgement on Embree until the details are released, but the crime better be much more severe than having your picture taken while celebrating CU's annual 4/20 day.

Hell the NCAA only suspended tOSU players 4 games for violations of NCAA rules

Don't care what year it is. if the penalty for breaking any rule is suspension and you break that rule it should get you suspended. first offense or not, weed or not.
stupid kids.
Spoken like someone with a ton of well behaved kids :lol:

so are we going to have over 30 schollys to offer this recruiting period, if these guys are gone for good?.

Who knows other than those involved but I'm guessing that this isn't something that came out of the blue.

Embree has made his expectations clear, he has tried to support guys meeting the expectations, he is emotional but not irrational.

If these guys are gone they earned being gone. I would not be in any way surprised if at least some of them don't have the option of earning their way back onto the team in the future, but for now unless you stand by your standards you don't have standards.

My guess is we lose 1 or 2 of them and the the other man up. I sure Orms is one of them. I still like him as a future starter at S.

If Mac is willing to send his starting fullback home on a bus to California before the Orange Bowl to prove a point and show there is no compromise on standards, I'm okay with him suspending these guys for the rest of the season thats already over anyway.

I think Stanford should show some class and state that they will not throw the ball, or at least designate only one eligible receiver on any given play.

I think Stanford should show some class and state that they will not throw the ball, or at least designate only one eligible receiver on any given play.

We'll see. Harbaugh ran it up on USC a few years ago, but there were other dynamics in play. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm not convinced we need a defensive secondary to beat Stanford.

We'll see. Harbaugh ran it up on USC a few years ago, but there were other dynamics in play. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm not convinced we need a defensive secondary to beat Stanford.

I like it. Let's stick 11 guys in the box and rush every down!!!! It's either TD or Luck goes down!!!

Embree:

"We are disappointed that these student-athletes have not lived up to the high expectations we have here at the University of Colorado. While not going into specifics, there are not issues with law enforcement, but they have not met their obligations and responsibilities to be active members of the team."

I like it. Let's stick 11 guys in the box and rush every down!!!! It's either TD or Luck goes down!!!

That's what I was thinking. Put in our punt return team for every play, maybe one guy back as a deep safety.

Oh wait, maybe not OUR punt return team, but you get the formation point.

Breaking team rules is ambigious at best. It could range from academics to bad attitude towards the coaches. I know Moten was suspended last year because of academics, he was on the field against WAST, now he is suspended. One an assume Moten suspension has more to do with academics. But what about the rest, surprised to see Parker Orms name on the list. it will be difficult for Orms to come back and earn a starting spot at Safety. The staff will have to recruit better in the secondary. Parker Orms is an okay player, nothing special. Can't see him starting anytime soon, if we get bluechippers to commit.

Last edited:
I know Moten was suspended last year because of academics, he was on the field against WAST, now he is suspended. One an assume Moten suspension has more to do with academics.

Moten wasn't suspended because of academics last year. You should just stick to talking about recruiting, that's clearly where all your expertise lies. :lol: And since I know you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, i'll just point out that that was sarcasm.

Moten wasn't suspended because of academics last year. You should just stick to talking about recruiting, that's clearly where all your expertise lies. :lol: And since I know you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, i'll just point out that that was sarcasm.

:lol: :lol: Oh, the irony... :lol: :lol:

:rofl: :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2:

Pretty funny you have to come up with a second username and it STILL spells "Jerk"... :lol:

When the players show up, learn the playbook, and perform on the field, there might be room for leeway. Until they show up and do what they are being given a scholarship to do, I don't care if spitting on the ground is a violation of team rules. They need to understand discipline, on the field and off the field.

People complain about the number of penalties and mental mistakes this team makes, and then a few of them turn and wonder if Embree is being too harsh here? Discipline, on field and off field, go hand in hand.

Back