What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Parker Orms, Ayodeji Olatoye, Paul Vigo, Josh Moten and Liloa Nobriga --

:lol: :lol: Oh, the irony... :lol: :lol:

:rofl: :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2:

Pretty funny you have to come up with a second username and it STILL spells "Jerk"... :lol:

You must not understand irony very well. It would only be ironic if I myself was not "sharp," but we all know that i'm as sharp as they come. Here's some real irony-someone who thinks that the word jerk is spelled without an "e" accusing someone else of being stupid.

Breaking team rules is ambigious at best. It could range from academics to bad attitude towards the coaches. I know Moten was suspended last year because of academics, he was on the field against WAST, now he is suspended. One an assume Moten suspension has more to do with academics. But what about the rest, surprised to see Parker Orms name on the list. it will be difficult for Orms to come back and earn a starting spot at Safety. The staff will have to recruit better in the secondary. Parker Orms is an okay player, nothing special. Can't see him starting anytime soon, if we get bluechippers to commit.

bluechippers? Hah!

? You play everyone as fast as possible so that next year the pain of inexperience ain't so bad. The only important thing now is showing progress. The sooner, the better.

Or we may not.

If we get guys with the same level of ability but without the D2 attitude we come out ahead.

I do think that this class is going to be better than what we were getting under Hawkins, still not the kind of class to make people step and take notice but I think we are going to have more AQ level athletes and an overall better class than we are replacing. I also would not be surprised to see us end up with at least a couple of guys who are highly targeted guys like Asiata was last year.

Not concerned at all. Once Greg Brown gets out there recruiting, our defensive backfield will be stacked with so much TALENT..

Not concerned at all. Once Greg Brown gets out there recruiting, our defensive backfield will be stacked with so much TALENT..

Why do I think that this comment above was in the wrong font?

Anyway, Greg Brown was the guest coach at the Buffalo Belles this afternoon. He brought 5 players with him, all freshmen I guess, I don't have the names. Each of the players remarked that Greg Brown was a major factor in their choosing CU.

As for the suspension issue... when a player breaks team rules, he demonstrates how much he thinks of himself and how much he thinks of the team. I don't think it matters if it was a "first offense" or not, still demonstrates the player's priorities.

If we get guys with the same level of ability but without the D2 attitude we come out ahead.

I do think that this class is going to be better than what we were getting under Hawkins, still not the kind of class to make people step and take notice but I think we are going to have more AQ level athletes and an overall better class than we are replacing. I also would not be surprised to see us end up with at least a couple of guys who are highly targeted guys like Asiata was last year.

Attitude is important, but we also need guys that can actually play too. Getting some AQ-level athletes and a few highly regarded players here and there is a low standard.

Attitude is important, but we also need guys that can actually play too. Getting some AQ-level athletes and a few highly regarded players here and there is a low standard.

I don't disagree with you, just looking realistically at the situation. We are not exactly in the same situation as USC or Florida or some of the other schools that have 4* and 5* guys just waiting for their offers. This is going to take some time. Right now we have a number of guys getting significant playing time who are simply not PAC 12 level athletes. To recruit guys who can compete athletically against our schedule is a significant first step forward, add some guys who are not only able to compete but also make a difference and we are going the right direction.

What I don't want, and think we will see a lot less of is the guys Hawk brought in who were the classic Boise type guys from when he was there. Guys who maybe could add 20-30lbs, get stronger and faster, and by the time they were jrs. get on the field and contribute. We don't have time or space for those guys with our team and our schedule.

As we get further into the process the highly regarded guys need to be the bulk of the class but for right now I am satisfied with just getting better instead of the steady decline we have seen over the past few years. Wazzou is a middle of the road at best PAC team, throw out the injuries and look at our team. How many guys on our roster, if healthy, would start for or even play significant time for the Wazzou team we saw Saturday. I'm thinking 5-8 start, 12-15 play, and I'm an optimist.

There is always room for developmental guys that can add weight and get stronger, just never expect them to get significantly faster (i.e, going from a 4.8 to a 4.5). You never turn your back on those players because you simply cannot play every player right away.

And Wazzu sucks. The talent was mostly interchangeable.

There is always room for developmental guys that can add weight and get stronger, just never expect them to get significantly faster (i.e, going from a 4.8 to a 4.5). You never turn your back on those players because you simply cannot play every player right away.

And Wazzu sucks. The talent was mostly interchangeable.

Again, agree that you have to look at guys who have a good shot at developing into players who can help you. My point was that a lot of Hawkins recruits were a serious stretch to do that. Also Wazzou does suck, but they had better athletes than we did at most positions, play that game on the road and we lose by 3 TDs at minimum.

Again, agree that you have to look at guys who have a good shot at developing into players who can help you. My point was that a lot of Hawkins recruits were a serious stretch to do that. Also Wazzou does suck, but they had better athletes than we did at most positions, play that game on the road and we lose by 3 TDs at minimum.

Meh, I guess I saw it a lot differently. In my mind, not many players on either side stood out in a good way. As questionable our secondary looked, theirs did not look much better.

This sucks, but I think it is the right way to go.

Look at CSU. They've had players assaults security guards, get in trouble with substances, and cheat on entrance exams. Extremely light punishments have been issued in most of those cases. They are trying to take a shortcut to relevancy.

I don't want CU you to do that. I want them the players to live up to the high standard. I also don't want Embree to create a lax atmosphere where small things can grow into big things.

Hopefully this sends a clear message to the team.

exactly. Embree is going to need some latitude in some of the players he brings in here, following the Mac footprint. He has to have cred that he will hold everyone, including star players, to high standards.

This is the year to send the message. It's all on Hawk. Embree may win 1 game, perhaps 3. It's a complete and total rebuild. No news there, as we've been doing that since the sex scandal. Let's make this one our bottom!

CU sure likes to make it hard on itself. It's just disappointing to see other programs experience wild success and thoroughly cheat to get there (Oregon, USC, Alabama, OSU, UNC, The U, etc) and there is CU voluntarily suspending players for 9 games. Heck, like someone said, so far the NCAA only levies 6 game suspensions for Ohio State's systemic failures. Blue chippers aren't beating down the doors to replace these kids at dear old CU. They're not even in trouble with the law. I'm just tired of CU losing; 1-12 here we come. Scared for the 7th installment of losing in 2012.

CU sure likes to make it hard on itself. It's just disappointing to see other programs experience wild success and thoroughly cheat to get there (Oregon, USC, Alabama, OSU, UNC, The U, etc) and there is CU voluntarily suspending players for 9 games. Heck, like someone said, so far the NCAA only levies 6 game suspensions for Ohio State's systemic failures. Blue chippers aren't beating down the doors to replace these kids at dear old CU. They're not even in trouble with the law. I'm just tired of CU losing; 1-12 here we come. Scared for the 7th installment of losing in 2012.

rose%20orig.jpg

I can live with that.

i jsut went back and read 2 months worth of tweets there is nothing in there that remotely warrants the comment by numb-nuts above.

Yeah, I didn't see anything too bad. But I also work with these types of kids every day.

Back