What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Participation trophies up next for CU

screen-shot-2015-06-11-at-4-08-03-pm.png

Championship rings for being the best of six teams. Sheesh.

what a ****ing horrible take. you must be tons of fun at parties.

first, try, if you can, to remember a little history.

barnett sticks his foot in his mouth and all hell breaks loose and the program lights its own self on fire. our hapless administrators set restrictions that ensure failure. after doing with smoke and mirrors until he couldn't any longer, gb gets fired.

CU hires an absolutely ridiculously comedically over-rated dan hawkins. we think we're getting the brains (the oc, pederson) but he stays to take the hc job at boise. dumb **** danny didn't do much right at CU but he did get it right when he said the program was burned to the ground. that is a fact.

the juice-box gets run out when his happy-happy-joy-joy routine isn't enough to overcome the mounting failures in program building.

then, we make possibly the worst hiring decision in the history of CU football and install a good and honorable and loyal Buff, embree, in the job. what was a "burned to the ground" program nearly immediately became a smoking abyss of abject failure, the likes of which CU football had never, ever experienced before, even under the maligned chuck fairbanks.

we are, at this point, by every statistical measure that matters, the worst major program in the p5. perhaps you missed some of those games. i was, sadly, at many of them, including the roadies. i would have given a pinky toe to raise fairbanks from the grave to coach, because this was literally the lowest point in over 100 years of CU football. again, i like and respect embree. that doesn't mean he was a good hire.

so, this brings us to mm. think about what it took to achieve what his team achieved last season. think about the magnitude of the turn-around. think about the price those players paid to buy in and do EVERYTHING they could to win, even when our Buffs were often not the most athletic team on the field.

with all this in mind, now, begrudge them a small token of appreciation for a collective job well done. denigrate the astounding progress made and the players who made it happen. man, that's ****ed up.

barnett sticks his foot in his mouth and all hell breaks loose and the program lights its own self on fire. our hapless administrators set restrictions that ensure failure. after doing with smoke and mirrors until he couldn't any longer, gb gets fired.

CU hires an absolutely ridiculously comedically over-rated dan hawkins. we think we're getting the brains (the oc, pederson) but he stays to take the hc job at boise. dumb **** danny didn't do much right at CU but he did get it right when he said the program was burned to the ground. that is a fact.

the juice-box gets run out when his happy-happy-joy-joy routine isn't enough to overcome the mounting failures in program building.

then, we make possibly the worst hiring decision in the history of CU football and install a good and honorable and loyal Buff, embree, in the job. what was a "burned to the ground" program nearly immediately became a smoking abyss of abject failure, the likes of which CU football had never, ever experienced before, even under the maligned chuck fairbanks.

we are, at this point, by every statistical measure that matters, the worst major program in the p5. perhaps you missed some of those games. i was, sadly, at many of them, including the roadies. i would have given a pinky toe to raise fairbanks from the grave to coach, because this was literally the lowest point in over 100 years of CU football. again, i like and respect embree. that doesn't mean he was a good hire.

so, this brings us to mm. think about what it took to achieve what his team achieved last season. think about the magnitude of the turn-around. think about the price those players paid to buy in and do EVERYTHING they could to win, even when our Buffs were often not the most athletic team on the field.

with all this in mind, now, begrudge them a small token of appreciation for a collective job well done. denigrate the astounding progress made and the players who made it happen. man, that's ****ed up.

Well said.

Winning the division isn't close to the ultimate goal but for a team that included a lot of players who were on a squad that went winless in conference and hadn't had a winning season in over a decade yeah, celebrating winning the division is worth doing.

Buff fans were justifying Barnett when CU was the best team of six for several years, even if it took ISU choking. Nothing here is new, just recycling.

You forgot a few pieces of the timeline. GB got fired after getting thumped by Texas 70-3, CU was actually ranked earlier that season but the wheels fell off. Also, until JMFL arrived, CU wasn't doing much as far as winning games go. Your boy Embree had a better record in the PAC 12 than MM did until last season.

You forgot a few pieces of the timeline. GB got fired after getting thumped by Texas 70-3, CU was actually ranked earlier that season but the wheels fell off. Also, until JMFL arrived, CU wasn't doing much as far as winning games go. Your boy Embree had a better record in the PAC 12 than MM did until last season.

no. i'm not.

gb did his own damage: we started his last season, i think, 7-2, and ranked. he, it is rumored, declined a contract extension at that time, hoping he could get a better deal (which i suspect included lifting the ridiculous recruiting restrictions we self-imposed). he made a bad decision. there is only so much that can be done when your team is so fundamentally outgunned.

as for leavitt, yes, he's a fine coordinator. that is so not germane. who hired him? who was the head coach? leavitt was incredibly important to the story. but, i do not understand why fans would want to piss all over some rings for some kids who worked their asses off and over-achieved. and, **** you, if you think these are participation trophies. that means you either aren't smart enough to understand what we went through or you are a troll. either way, **** off.

and, another thing, while i'm on a roll:

you ****s calling this a participation trophy are mean-spirited, soulless, ****-faces and you should probably stop following college football. go after paid professional athletes. taking your own limp-dicked issues out on a bunch of kids who did a great job and achieved something special on behalf of all of us is ****ed up.

die.in.a.fire.

you ****s calling this a participation trophy are mean-spirited, soulless, ****-faces and you should probably stop following college football. go after paid professional athletes. taking your own limp-dicked issues out on a bunch of kids who did a great job and achieved something special on behalf of all of us is ****ed up.

die.in.a.fire.
A+

die.in.a.fire.

Liver wins the internet tonight.

Buff fans were justifying Barnett when CU was the best team of six for several years, even if it took ISU choking. Nothing here is new, just recycling.
Justifiably, given CU had recently won a Natty and also won the division less than 5 years earlier.

Sort of apples to oranges.

Back