What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Richardson: "I'll Be Back"

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Bob_Bell

More photos » Orlin Wagner - AP

Browse more photos »

Take a deep breath Buff fans, freshman WR Paul Richardson looks to be coming back next year.Brian Howell of the Longmont Times caught up with the big play wideout and confirmed that he will be playing football in Boulder next year.

Richardson burst on the scene after being under utilized at the beginning of the season. In the final six games of the year, Richardson caught 27 passes for 450 yards, a 17 yard average. He also had six scores. Richardson became the big game threat Colorado has been missing for many years. His second half of the season performance earned him offensive freshman of the year in the Big 12.

Ricardson also annouced he will be switching numbers from #80 to #6 next season.

"I've been getting a lot of love (from teammates) and I feel like this is where I should be and I should finish out my college career here," he said. "Mainly it was talking to my mom and she wants me to stay where I am."

Now, rather than looking around at options, Richardson is looking ahead to the 2011 season.

"Especially for that new number on my back, No. 6, I'm going to be happy to play next year," he said. "I look forward to a successful season with a decent bowl game."

In other news, OG Ryan Miller will also be returning to Colorado for his senior year, ending the speculation that he would enter the NFL draft. Miller was named honorable mention in 2010 by both the coaches and the associated press.

Other Colorado Buffaloes on the All Big 12 team named by the coaches:

Nate Solder - Offensive Lineman of the Year
Paul Richardson - Offensive Freshman of the Year

First team - Nate Solder, OT; Jimmy Smith, CB

Honorable Mention - B.J. Beatty, LB; Jalil Brown, DB; Ryan Deehan, TE; Josh Hartigan, DL; Scotty McKnight, WR; Ryan Miller, OL; Will Pericak, DL; Paul Richardson, Off. Fr. of the Yr.

All Big 12 team named by the associated press:

First team - Nate Solder, OT

Second team - Rodney Stewart, RB; Josh Hartigan; LB

Honorable Mention - David Bakhtiari, OT; Ryan Miller, OG; Scotty McKnight, WR; Will Pericak, DE; Forrest West, DE; Michael Sipili, LB; Jimmy Smith, CB

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
Click here to view the article.

Back