What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Richardson is entering the NFL Draft

CBS Sports projecting P-Rich as a 1-2nd Rounder. #3 at the Position and #25 overall. With the new salary scale, he can make between 22mil and 3.5mil guaranteed over 4 years. Not a bad deal.

Huh. I was just looking at McShay's rankings on ESPiN a little earlier and he has him ranked #7 non-senior WR. Not sure exactly where that puts him among WR overall...

Hopefully he runs in the 4.3 range. Some comparable WR's imo are Santonio holmes (4.38, 5'11 188lbs) and Mike Wallace (4.33, 6'0 199lbs)

Yeah, I don't see him going nearly that high. The brutality of the NFL game is a big question in my mind. But I certainly wouldn't argue his choice here.

Expect him to sign with an agent and instantly add 12 pounds of muscle before the combine.

Good for him....it is the best decision for him

It also isn't the worst thing for the program...if he tears it up in the NFL it is good branding for the program.

On a completely side note - It was nice Thursday to hear Jimmy Smith introduce himself as a University of Colorado player...first time ever for him I believe....has he kissed and made up with the program?

Tyler Polumbus is playing fairly well for the Redskins. Solder for the Pats, Bakhtiari in Green Bay... I think the Buffs are getting some solid branding. One concern though, receivers seldom burst right out of the gate. It generally takes 1-3 years for a wide out to really develop. There are rare exceptions... but for the majority of players it takes time. Receiver is a nuanced position.

Double Major and finishing on time while being a football superstar. You don't do it much better than that.

You know how former Hurricanes come to Miami for workouts etc. What are the rules for PRich to be able to sell CU for recruits. Can he show up during visits and be like "Hey... I'm an NFL star and it all started right here at Colorado. Yesiree, if you want to be a BIG NFL STAR LIKE ME you should come to a school like this..."

Great decision. Gonna be fun to watch him next year; hope he falls to a decent team. If I have to watch him wallow in the depths of Jax / Browns / Bills it's going to be painful.

If people think he is going to add 20lbs they are fooling themselves, he just doesn't have that build. He is a naturally thin guy but wiry and strong.

Teams have tried to rough him up in college and he has handled it well. I've seen some teams bring up safeties to try to bump him of his route at the line and he has managed to break well. He has run routes across the middle and taken some serious blows including some LB shots and held onto the ball. He has also been a willing and able blocker.

It would be nice if he was built like D. Thomas or Brandon Marshall but it isn't happening. If he runs well in the combine he will be drafted high enough. May drop to the second round or even the third but teams will like his speed, his hands, his playmaking ability, and his attitude enough to take him fairly early.

I am happy for him and now think it is probably the right move. I am still worried about him regarding his strength and size but his quickness and acceleration will make it difficult once he gets in space or beyond a DB. I think he will have a good NFL career-if he can get stronger, maybe a great one.

Good luck PRich-we're pulling for you. I hope he goes to the Broncos BTW b/c I don't want to root against him

Props to PRich, what a great buff, here's to hoping the cowgirls are not interested in you. :thumbsup:

How big was AJ Green when he left Georgia? He seemed like a twig too, but I may just be mis-remembering.

If people think he is going to add 20lbs they are fooling themselves, he just doesn't have that build. He is a naturally thin guy but wiry and strong.

Teams have tried to rough him up in college and he has handled it well. I've seen some teams bring up safeties to try to bump him of his route at the line and he has managed to break well. He has run routes across the middle and taken some serious blows including some LB shots and held onto the ball. He has also been a willing and able blocker.

It would be nice if he was built like D. Thomas or Brandon Marshall but it isn't happening. If he runs well in the combine he will be drafted high enough. May drop to the second round or even the third but teams will like his speed, his hands, his playmaking ability, and his attitude enough to take him fairly early.

This. How much weight did he put on during his college career? He might be able to throw another 5 pounds on his frame, but 20 is just unrealistic. Best of luck to PRich. Articulate young man who always represented us well.

It's the right move for him IMO. Glad we had the chance to see him play at CU. He'll be missed but wish him the best of luck.

It is a mistake! He is a mid 4th rounder. Way too small for any higher than that. He needed to bulk up. Great kid though, wish him the best of luck.

This. How much weight did he put on during his college career? He might be able to throw another 5 pounds on his frame, but 20 is just unrealistic. Best of luck to PRich. Articulate young man who always represented us well.

As a large white male, I feel like I could add 20 lbs by adding the local pizza joint to my cellphone contacts. I know it's harder for thin guys, but 20 lbs really isn't that much when you have access to elite trainers and nutritionists. That being said, I think PRich said his plan was to let an NFL team dictate his weight gain. He'd come in as fast as possible and let them decide if they want him to add weight.

I don't know where P-Rich will get picked. That's for NFL GMs to decide.

But I do know that he's got his degree and was 1st Team All Pac-12. Time to move on to the next challenge in life.

Time to get paid.

Best of luck to him.

But I do know that he's got his degree and was 1st Team All Pac-12. Time to move on to the next challenge in life.

Time to get paid.

Best of luck to him.

This as well. ^^^

Is there anything more we could have reasonably asked from him. Guy gave us his all under some trying conditions.

It's his life and time for him to get his rewards.

As a large white male, I feel like I could add 20 lbs by adding the local pizza joint to my cellphone contacts. I know it's harder for thin guys, but 20 lbs really isn't that much when you have access to elite trainers and nutritionists. That being said, I think PRich said his plan was to let an NFL team dictate his weight gain. He'd come in as fast as possible and let them decide if they want him to add weight.

Okay. Do you have any idea the kind of dedication (and drugs) it would take to put 20 pounds of muscle on a male of PRich's frame in four months? I'm not sure he needs it. Antonio Brown is doing just fine for Pittsburgh and I believe he is close to the same size.

EDIT: Decker is about to get real expensive for Denver after this season. Would love for PRich to be his replacement.

Last edited:
Congrats PRich! I will enjoy watching you on Sundays and will pull for you no matter what team you play for next season. One of the great Buffs and will always be a source of pride for this program.

Congrats PRich! I will enjoy watching you on Sundays and will pull for you no matter what team you play for next season. One of the great Buffs and will always be a source of pride for this program.

I dunno, if he plays for the Giants, Cowboys or Eagles I'm going to have a damn hard time rooting for him... :-(

Time to get paid.

Best of luck to him.

this

Congrats Paul! It's been a pleasure watching him compete for and represent the Buffs at the highest level.

One of the great things about not really caring about the NFL is the ability to root for individual players like Andre Gurode (Oakland) and Nate Solder (New England) who play for teams I really should actively dislike.

Back