What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Richardson predicted to go in the first round per Todd McShay

Would he have gotten significantly better had he stayed for another year? Would there be significantly less available talent in next years draft?

I don't see any reason to answer yes to either of those questions. As much as I would love to have him back another year he wasn't going to prove anything that he hasn't already. There are also a lot of underclassment in the draft but there is no reason to think next year will be much different.

If he had stayed one more year he wasn't likely to make a lot more money and would be giving up potentially one season of getting paid. Add in the risk of injury and it's hard to argue that he didn't make the right choice.

Has anybody else noticed that P-Rich's stock seems to be falling?
I haven't seen him in anybody's top 32 in a long time. I really think he needed another year.
He caught 83 passes for 1,343 yards and 10 TDs. He averaged 50 yards per TD reception. That is ridiculous. And he performed despite inconsistent QB play.

There was no reason for him to come back. To think otherwise is selfish. He made the right choice and I applaud him for it. Go get paid and represent the Buffs in the league.

Would he have gotten significantly better had he stayed for another year? Would there be significantly less available talent in next years draft?

I don't see any reason to answer yes to either of those questions. As much as I would love to have him back another year he wasn't going to prove anything that he hasn't already. There are also a lot of underclassment in the draft but there is no reason to think next year will be much different.

If he had stayed one more year he wasn't likely to make a lot more money and would be giving up potentially one season of getting paid. Add in the risk of injury and it's hard to argue that he didn't make the right choice.

Not disagreeing about him going but this year's draft is loaded at the wr position

This.

Don't know how he will do in the League, but the timing is perfect IMO.

He caught 83 passes for 1,343 yards and 10 TDs. He averaged 50 yards per TD reception. That is ridiculous. And he performed despite inconsistent QB play.

There was no reason for him to come back. To think otherwise is selfish. He made the right choice and I applaud him for it. Go get paid and represent the Buffs in the league.

Coming off a knee injury no less. The benefits of going pro far outweighed the benefits of staying another season.

Next year's class id definitely going to be weaker, but underclassmen are starting to declare asap, even if they are a 4th round pick. Could he move into the 1st as a definite? Yes. Could be blow out his knee yet again playing for another bad Buffs team that won't sniff the postseason? Yes.

I wanted him to stay for selfish reasons, but the guy is making the right call. He'll be able to add weight and do the rest of things the NFL wants on the NFL's dime.

Look forward to seeing what he does at the combine. Hope he runs a 4.3. Either way, I'm confident he'll be a star at the next level.

I keep hoping the Broncos let "Upper" Decker walk and draft PRich. Regardless of where he ends up, PRich definitely made the right choice.

I keep hoping the Broncos let "Upper" Decker walk and draft PRich. Regardless of where he ends up, PRich definitely made the right choice.

That would instantly make me a Broncos fan again. Want

Everyone loves the combine right?
Here's someone talking about who could run the fastest time at the combine. He has PRich in his top 5 candidates:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0a...i-archer-head-race-to-be-combines-fastest-man

Though he has a very thin build, Richardson is an explosive athlete who bursts off the line of scrimmage in his release and can find another gear once the ball is in the air. He has been compared to Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson, who has a similar frame and explosiveness. I don't think Richardson is quite as polished as Jackson as a route-runner, but I do believe he can match Jackson's top speed. Richardson posted respectable track times while in high school (10.62 seconds in the 100-meter dash) and he should produce one of the best times at the combine.

Walter Football has PRich going to the ****ing Seahawks at the end of Rd 2: http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_2.php

Walter football always seems off in their mock drafts.

Everyone loves the combine right?
Here's someone talking about who could run the fastest time at the combine. He has PRich in his top 5 candidates:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0a...i-archer-head-race-to-be-combines-fastest-man

I could see him going to the Colts. The Colts GM came from the Eagles and he likes receivers in the mold of Jackson. They already have one speedster I can see them adding another especially since they need another receiver.

WR and DB get pushed down because 15 to 20 per year will make rosters, so GM's think they can wait. the premium is on QB, OL, Pass Rusher. Almost always there is a run on one or more of the premium positions which pushes guys like PRich down. If he were to run a low 4.3 I think it gets him in the conversation at the end of round 1. More then likely he comes off the board around 47 to 70

that is almost identical to Desean Jackson

Jackson 6'0" 178 pounds 8 5/8" hands

Paul Richardson better hope he runs a sub 4.4 40.

Back