What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Richardson predicted to go in the first round per Todd McShay

PRich's first 40 time was 4.35 . I had him at a 4.40 hand time. It's the NFL Network hand time and he'll run one more. The official automatic times (really a hand start and automatic finish) won't be released until all wide receivers have completed their 40s (not the beer, although that would be an impressive combine test and probably more telling than a lot of the things that they measure).

Does anyone know his 2nd time? NFL network went to commercial and didn't say anything

4.40 official for PRich. Ranked up near the top (tied for 3rd). Great for him! Should've just used my hand time from the beginning for the official.

PRich tied for 8th overall amongst wideouts in the horizontal (broad) jump with 124 in and 10th amongst wideouts in the vertical jump (38 in).

Actually PRich probably drops to the 3rd round now almost certainly. His official time is 4.40, his hand size was smaller then expected, and his size makes him a slot receiver on most teams. Teams drafting WR generally are looking for outside players in round 1 or 2. That said it only takes one GM to fall in love with a guy

As stated eariler all it takes is one team to fall in love for him to go higher and the combination of his speed and his game film could get him that.

I'd hate to see him drop because it would cost him money but outside of the first round the money difference isn't near as dramatic from the start of the round to the end of the round. Going later in a round may end up helping him because it usually means that a guy is going to a team that won more games and is a better organization.

WR class is pretty deep this year. I am thinking he would have been 15 to 20 picks higher if he had stayed in school for another year. He probably goes somewhere between Mid Rd 2 and Rd 4.

Daniel Jeremiah lists Richardson as his #44 (I think it was scrolling quick) prospect. The problem is he's about 8 to 11 depending on who's list you like at WR. That as I said earlier probably has him coming of the board in the 47 to 70 range. That is a Premium pick, you expect 1-3 to be a big contributor to your team

WR class is pretty deep this year. I am thinking he would have been 15 to 20 picks higher if he had stayed in school for another year. He probably goes somewhere between Mid Rd 2 and Rd 4.

But what does being 15-20 picks higher on the second day really mean? Not much.

He got pushed down by a large number of underclassmen coming out this year. It doesn't look like that trend is likely to change next year so while we can say that at current look he would be much higher this doesn't account for the next group of underclassmen who step up and come out following the season.

I doubt there is much he could do in another season of college ball that would improve his standing much in comparison to next years class. With the risk he would face of injury it just doesn't make much sense to come back.

Eric Decker was a 3rd round draft pick and he is gonna bank this year. PRich will get drafted (hopefully by a team with a good QB) and his production will take him where he is gonna go in the NFL from that point on...whether that be good or bad....1 more year at CU wouldn't change that

Actually PRich probably drops to the 3rd round now almost certainly. His official time is 4.40, his hand size was smaller then expected, and his size makes him a slot receiver on most teams. Teams drafting WR generally are looking for outside players in round 1 or 2. That said it only takes one GM to fall in love with a guy

That ranks third overall amongst wideouts. That's a very good time. This is a verified time in a demanding environment, not a high schooler reporting an unverified, flying-forty, wearing spikes on the track, with the wind, in which the hand time wasn't rounded up, kind of forty time. His forty time is the least of his concerns.

Areas that could be concerns are that he got a 7.09 on the cone drill, which ranks him just 30th overall. This could bring up concerns of his knee not having completely strengthened after his injury, could also accentuate the already held idea by some that he's just a vertical route runner (not having bursts out of breaks is a criticism listed on NFL.com).

It also looks like he didn't participate in (or couldn't do) the bench press, which along with his weight, bring up strength issues, which comes up when dealing with physical d backs jamming at the line, fighting for balls (already a criticism listed on NFL.com), and blocking (also listed as a concern).

P Rich had a good day. His route running was good, he did well in the gauntlet and he ran a good 40 time. He is a 1st or 2nd round pick in my opinion.

Back