What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Richardson to redshirt in 2012

He's in the best position to make this decision. I'm sure it was a tough one, but I think it will benefit him (and the team) in the long run.

While that's harsh for this season, it's probably the right move.

:yeahthat:

I'm bummed that he won't be out there this year, but I'd rather see a 100% healthy P-Rich next year than 60% for part of this year.... :huh:

I would have supported him either way, but this decision makes me much more comfortable.

I for one was hoping he'd see the field this year if he is healthy enough b/c he can be a difference maker and I want to get to a bowl this year. But, he knows what's best and this is almost for sure better for his long-term career. If he has a wicked year next year he may be gone though.

I would have supported him either way, but this decision makes me much more comfortable.

I agree. Hopefully one of the young WRs breaks out this year, but no one will replace PRich this season (G Thomas, feel free to prove me wrong)

Having PRich for two years after this, combined with the young talent getting experience, bodes well for the offense long term.

The work ethic this guy has been showing will make him an absolute monster next year. I think we may possibly have our next All-American.

Not to start a panic or anything, but Prich is trying to get his degree early. I do hope Webb is the real deal.

Not to start a panic or anything, but Prich is trying to get his degree early. I do hope Webb is the real deal.

Stupid thing to say. I have not seen one reason to ever think he would look to transfer. He is big man on campus, and guaranteed a starting spot.

Stupid thing to say. I have not seen one reason to ever think he would look to transfer. He is big man on campus, and guaranteed a starting spot.
I have several responses to this, but to repeat them would be passing on scurrilous rumors. I think I will simply say that is not the first time someone has called something I said stupid :lol:

Seems like there are way to many times when a guy comes back from an injury before he is fully recovered. He then compensates for the injury and hurts something else worse.

I agree with all those who say that this is for the best. He could probably come back and draw some defensive attention but he wouldn't be the PRich he can be and that we need him to be in the future.

Awesome. now it's 7 straight losing seasons.... CU has no playmakers at wr and nobody to stretch the field. Can we get a coach to fix this?

We have never gotten many reports saying PRich is a great student. I understand it doesn't take much to graduate early, but no reason to believe he would be doing it for anything but NFL.

Awesome. now it's 7 straight losing seasons.... CU has no playmakers at wr and nobody to stretch the field. Can we get a coach to fix this?
Gerald Thomas

And yes I know he's unproven, but PRich hasn't exactly been a reliable playmaker thus far.

Gerald Thomas

And yes I know he's unproven, but PRich hasn't exactly been a reliable playmaker thus far.
This. Watch the video of Embree's visit with Mark and Zim. His eyes light up when he talks about Gerald Thomas. Looking forward to seeing him play.

He has spoken with the doctors, his family, and the coaches. It appears he's taken in as much information and advice as possible, and has arrived at a decision he feels is best for him. I'm sure it's the right decision. That said......

sh**********t; shouldn't have gotten my hopes up

Back