What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paulay Asiata has left the program

4b2008ca-e071-1aab.jpg

Very weird to hear this. We ran into his family at the UH game and they said he absolutely loved it here. I wonder what's going on.

Do we have a structural support problem, or a dedication problem?

In the end, you can walk them to class, punish them for skipping and force them to go to study table daily but you cannot force them to apply themselves or perform in the classroom any more than you can force them to excel on the field. Personal accountability has to be foundational for any success. I hope he can get it together and understand the importance of this to his life. Good luck to Paulay.

In the end, you can walk them to class, punish them for skipping and force them to go to study table daily but you cannot force them to apply themselves or perform in the classroom any more than you can force them to excel on the field. Personal accountability has to be foundational for any success. I hope he can get it together and understand the importance of this to his life. Good luck to Paulay.

I agree 100%, and really, passing freshman year shouldn't require help. A qualifying ACT/SAT score should indicate enough smarts to do it on your own. I was just wondering if we could be more pro-active for these athletes, who have sometimes not had to do much to get by. I don't know what's in place.

Ugh. All the good news the past few days and then this.

Last edited:
Yikes. Our OL gets even thinner, which makes it even scarier that we've only got a couple of OL commits for this upcoming class.

Eff, grades

Damn. This was the kid that Embree had to stick his neck out the farthest for to get through admissions last year, too.

I guess this is why we try to limit it to a few exceptions per class.

Passing lower-division courses at CU in the kind of fields described by the bio line "undecided on a major at Colorado, but is interested in a career in either communication or coaching" is such a trivial task that it astounds me when players can't do it; even a few hours per week of homework should be sufficient. The only explanation I can imagine is simply failing to show up and turn in your work.

As much as losing a talented player like Asiata sucks, I do have to say that if he is the only one I am very impressed. That means he is the only one that didnt take care of the school part of the agreement, and if we only have one a year, our coaches are doing something very right.

Wish Paulay the best, and hopefully he can make a return once he gets things fixed on the academic side.

Is all lost? He can come back in to the program, yes? In fact, wouldn't you normally go some kind of academic suspension before getting booted?

Is all lost? He can come back in to the program, yes? In fact, wouldn't you normally go some kind of academic suspension before getting booted?

That was my thought, too. The kid is a Freshman, having gone through one semester at CU. You'd think he'd be given a shot at improving his grades. Maybe he figured it was just too hard. I don't know. Freshman classes at CU are weed-out classes.

OK. I took a second and looked at our roster. Asiata's departure hurts, BUT we do have some depth at OL.

Bakhtiari and Harris at OT. Maybe Alex Lewis, Nembot or Mustoe work their way into OT and Bak moves inside?

G/C. Handler at C. I've heard good things about Crabb as an inside guy. Cotner and Munyer are also there. Maybe Folasa (if he commits) has a shot to play as a freshman based on his size.

Those seem like enough names to absorb the loss of Asiata.

OK. I took a second and looked at our roster. Asiata's departure hurts, BUT we do have some depth at OL.

Bakhtiari and Harris at OT. Maybe Alex Lewis, Nembot or Mustoe work their way into OT and Bak moves inside?

G/C. Handler at C. I've heard good things about Crabb as an inside guy. Cotner and Munyer are also there. Maybe Folasa (if he commits) has a shot to play as a freshman based on his size.

Those seem like enough names to absorb the loss of Asiata.
Dunno. You really miss guys with tlaent like Asiata. Just stating names on a depth chart doesn't cut it.

Dunno. You really miss guys with tlaent like Asiata. Just stating names on a depth chart doesn't cut it.

No ****. He'll be missed. I only listed guys who have heard positive things about and have a chance of starting. To make a point that we aren't screwed.

Yeah, why can't he be an academic project like Simas (just with better results)? Or has he actually packed up and left?

Back