What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pelini - Keeping it classy at Nebraska

Question then.

If the ball is thrown out of bounds, doesn't the clock stop end THEN, when it crosses the line, and not when the ball hits the ground? Then I can see the 1 second.

I'm pretty sure the ball needs to hit something (or someone) out of bounds before it's a dead ball.

This is why they were mad.

This is the rule on limiting reviewable plays:

Quote:
Limitations on Reviewable Plays
ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable.
However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those
involving the game clock
, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes
fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c
and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a).
That is the crux of the matter. No one will dispute that video showed 1 sec as the ball hit out of bounds, thus making an incomplete pass.

But the clock never stops precisely at the same time the ball hits the ground. There is always delay. So, the question remains...does what happens in every game, a 1 second delay between the ball falling incomplete and the clock stopping, suddenly rise to the level of egregious error?

Apparently it does, when you have TX refs favoring the home town team and the Big 12 needs a team in the NC game.

bloody vagina

Apparently it does, when you have TX refs favoring the home town team and the Big 12 needs a team in the NC game.

Give it a rest... you whiney little man. The call was correct. If KNu had an offense worth pissing on you would not have to worry about such things.

You are talking to a message board that is praying for a coach that takes responsibility. I guess KNu needs a coach that that is willing to take responsibility for their failings too, not blame officials for making the RIGHT call.

This is why they were mad.

This is the rule on limiting reviewable plays:

Quote:
Limitations on Reviewable Plays
ARTICLE 6. No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable.
However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those
involving the game clock
, whether or not a play is reviewable. This excludes
fouls that are not specifically reviewable (Reviewable fouls: Rules 12-3-2-c
and d, 12-3-4-b and 12-3-5-a).
That is the crux of the matter. No one will dispute that video showed 1 sec as the ball hit out of bounds, thus making an incomplete pass.

But the clock never stops precisely at the same time the ball hits the ground. There is always delay. So, the question remains...does what happens in every game, a 1 second delay between the ball falling incomplete and the clock stopping, suddenly rise to the level of egregious error?

Yeah you got robbed, hell yeah NU should be going to the title game just like they did in 2001 :rofl::rofl2:

How often does the clock stop IMMEDIATELY once the ball hits the ground?

Who cares??? The rule is that it stops when the ball hits the ground. They may not worry about that extra second that ticks off in the third quarter, but with 1 second left in the conference championship, it matters. The call was right.

The Pelini brothers should be pissed about the way their kicker launched the ball out of bounds, thereby allowing Texas to start their final drive at the 40 yard line. Or they should be pissed about the way Asante horse-collared Shipley to give Texas 15 more yards on the final drive.

Nebraska has no one to blame for losing that game except themselves.

Who cares??? The rule is that it stops when the ball hits the ground. They may not worry about that extra second that ticks off in the third quarter, but with 1 second left in the conference championship, it matters. The call was right.

No doubt the call was right.

Just wondering how often the clock is stopped immediately when the ball hits the ground.

The game consists of 3,600 seconds, but the final 1 carries much more weight.

Just wondering how often the clock is stopped immediately when the ball hits the ground.

I think that's why the rule talks about "egregious" situations. They recognize the clock stoppage isn't always going to be perfect, but replay only applies in crucial situations...

The Pelini brothers should be pissed about the way their kicker launched the ball out of bounds, thereby allowing Texas to start their final drive at the 40 yard line. Or they should be pissed about the way Asante horse-collared Shipley to give Texas 15 more yards on the final drive.

You are correct, I hope there was orange slices and juice boxes for all.

Now it is time to grab the lunch boxes and get to work on the next game.

How often does an OB pass hit the ground with one second left?

This is sort of what I was trying to express. Before I get called a fusker lover, I agree the second should be on the clock, I just find this interesting:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10481260/Texas-shouldn%27t-have-gotten-a-%27second%27-chance

Here's exactly what happened: There were 24 incomplete passes in the Texas-Nebraska game. On every one of them — every single one (I know, I went back and checked in slow motion) — the game clock ticked off that second, and sometimes another. That's how it always works in this and every other game: There's a bit of a human element (the eye sending the message to the brain, the brain relaying it to the finger on the clock button, the electronic impulses prompting the clock to stop). And so, when Colt McCoy inexplicably decided to run a play with six seconds remaining instead of calling timeout or, well, showing any sense of urgency, he

This is sort of what I was trying to express. Before I get called a fusker lover, I agree the second should be on the clock, I just find this interesting:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10481260/Texas-shouldn%27t-have-gotten-a-%27second%27-chance

Here's exactly what happened: There were 24 incomplete passes in the Texas-Nebraska game. On every one of them — every single one (I know, I went back and checked in slow motion) — the game clock ticked off that second, and sometimes another. That's how it always works in this and every other game: There's a bit of a human element (the eye sending the message to the brain, the brain relaying it to the finger on the clock button, the electronic impulses prompting the clock to stop). And so, when Colt McCoy inexplicably decided to run a play with six seconds remaining instead of calling timeout or, well, showing any sense of urgency, he
don't leave us hanging! :lol:

The really stupid thing is why didn't Texas spike the ball if they were not going to get the play off earlier of kick the FG right there. The thought process of the Texas coaches should be questioned.

Here's exactly what happened: There were 24 incomplete passes in the Texas-Nebraska game. On every one of them — every single one (I know, I went back and checked in slow motion) — the game clock ticked off that second, and sometimes another.

So what you're saying is that Texas should have had at least 25 seconds left? Goddamn cheating fuskers!!! :lol:

You are correct, I hope there was orange slices and juice boxes for all.

Now it is time to grab the lunch boxes and get to work on the next game.

You may not like it, but Slade is right. We talked it over right after the game last night. The fusckers ****ed themselved with a ****ty kick off (big mistake) and then a very stupid horse collar (even bigger mistake). Too many mistakes on a night when Texas was very beatable. NU's offense let the D down as they have all year ala Iowa St.

No tears for the Nibblets on this one. If you all want to whine, look inside at what your team could have done instead of crying about getting jobbed.

I must admit I'd feel sorry for about any other team, but since it's the nub-skers--get over it we certainly don't give a damn.

Is it just me? I could easily believe that Pelini is just one major meltdown waiting to happen. I mean the kind of meltdown that harms his school and potentially gets him canned, a la Woody Hayes.

Seems to be an Ohio thing.

You may not like it, but Slade is right. We talked it over right after the game last night. The fusckers ****ed themselved with a ****ty kick off (big mistake) and then a very stupid horse collar (even bigger mistake). Too many mistakes on a night when Texas was very beatable. NU's offense let the D down as they have all year ala Iowa St.

No tears for the Nibblets on this one. If you all want to whine, look inside at what your team could have done instead of crying about getting jobbed.

no kidding. Try not kicking out of bounds. That would help.

Texas blew a number of opportunities to put the game away. That's why the should have, could have post game comments are useless. The team that should have won is always the team that won.

Nebraska, A lot of Nebraska fans, and the Nebraska coaches are a huge ****ing joke! The Pelini's are a bunch of assholes!

Nebraska, A lot of Nebraska fans, and the Nebraska coaches are a huge ****ing joke! The Pelini's are a bunch of assholes!

Yet our season rolls on while yours is over once again. :smile2: On a serious note.....our kicker and the horsecollar call blew the game for us. Our offense sucked once again but damn if our Defense didn't give us a chance to win it. I think Suh should get atleast an invite to NYC for his performance not only last night, but throughout the year. Oh well off to play Zona it looks like.

I really respect Bo Pelini. Good coach who certainly shows plenty of emotion on the sidelines. I know his players would run through a wall if Bo asked them to.

Back