What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pelini - Keeping it classy at Nebraska

It's hilarious that we're debating about a coach who shows emtion when we've nothing but bitch all year about ours who shows none.:lol:

Tell ya this, I wouldn't be near as pissed/apathetic about the coaching staff right now if Hawk showed even a sliver of the emotion that Pelini does.:sad2:

Of course not. It didn't matter before it happened, when it happened, or after it happened. It's not like our great-grandchildren will still be watching the replay and discussing this in 2097.

Ours won't, of course. But we're talking about fusker fans here. Don't sell them short...:lol:

Pelini should be yelling at his kicker for kicking out of bounds (why the **** isn't the good pencil dick kicking KO's anyway?). And he should be yelling at his "awesome" defense for letting Texas get a long pass play to get in to FG range. If their "Awesome" defense does it's job like they did the entire game, the FG wouldn't have been possible. Sounds to me a special teams and defensive breakdown are the reasons to blame rather than the refs.

Oh and thats the second game in a row his "awesome" defense allowed a big pass play late in the game. With how pissed he was when Colorado did it, you would think the players would have learned. Oh ya, add in the late game winning pass play against VT, man NU's "awesome" defense sure doesn't like to finish.

Last edited:
But the clock never stops precisely at the same time the ball hits the ground. There is always delay. QUOTE]

that is complete BS. That is why it's REVIEWABLE. The clock stops (without delay) when the ball hits the ground.

Secondly, Pelini is an embarrassement waiting to happen. Osborne is more than aware of it I am sure.

Anyone catch Pelini getting in the QB's face after a 3rd and short failed when the QB ran the option (early 3Q)? Pelini was screaming at him and Lee wouldn't look at him. Green was in soon after for a series.

If Clete Blakeman were responsible for clock management, things would have turned out differently. :lol:

I ain't gonna read all of these posts, so if this is a repeat, so be it. If there was a conspiracy of some kind wouldn't it make the most sense for the Big 12 to have 2 teams in the BCS rather than one?

I ain't gonna read all of these posts, so if this is a repeat, so be it. If there was a conspiracy of some kind wouldn't it make the most sense for the Big 12 to have 2 teams in the BCS rather than one?

I actually think that is a new point. And a pretty damn good one... :thumbsup:

Pelini should be yelling at his kicker for kicking out of bounds (why the **** isn't the good pencil dick kicking KO's anyway?). And he should be yelling at his "awesome" defense for letting Texas get a long pass play to get in to FG range. If their "Awesome" defense does it's job like they did the entire game, the FG wouldn't have been possible. Sounds to me a special teams and defensive breakdown are the reasons to blame rather than the refs.

Oh and thats the second game in a row his "awesome" defense allowed a big pass play late in the game. With how pissed he was when Colorado did it, you would think the players would have learned. Oh ya, add in the late game winning pass play against VT, man NU's "awesome" defense sure doesn't like to finish.

Yeah, they suck.

Yeah, they suck.

I'm just saying thats 3 big pass plays they've allowed in 3 different games at the end. 1 was on the road in a huge game for the winnign TD, 1 was a garbage time td, and 1 had the Big 12 championship on the line. I'm just stating that the defense might not be as good as advertised in clutch situations. Just a pattern I see.

I remember the 1990 Orange bowl and ND had decent time to get in FG range, and Alfred Williams was in Rick Mirers face sacked him once and forced him into an INT to Deon. That right there is clutch defense!:thumbsup:

I actually think that is a new point. And a pretty damn good one... :thumbsup:

I don't think the devil is concerned about BCS. Nebraska made a pact with the devil in the 90's, and is now doomed to falter to top 20 teams in exchange for a glorious past. Now Texas gets a breaks in the Big 12, but has to face SEC speed without VY.
:devil::devil2::devil:

I don't think the devil is concerned about BCS. Nebraska made a pact with the devil in the 90's, and is now doomed to falter to top 20 teams in exchange for a glorious past. Now Texas gets a breaks in the Big 12, but has to face SEC speed without VY.
:devil::devil2::devil:

So that makes yours.....keeping Coach Hawkins in 2010? :smile2:

So that makes yours.....keeping Coach Hawkins in 2010? :smile2:

Oh yeah. CU suffers in hell alright.

Two words for you my minor bowl bound friend. Shawn Watson.

Welcome to the party.

Does anyone remember the pass interference call that put Texas in field goal range? Colt McCoy threw the ball away under pressure and they got rewarded with three points. Nebraska got screwed.

Does it really matter right now? No, the game is over end of discussion. He's just sticking up for his team just like y'all would like your coach to do as well. He went a little far, I'll agree with that, but he has our players playing above their potential and they are ready to destroy people for them. I love seeing the passion from our players, offense sucks, no doubt about it, that needs fixed in the off-season and that begins with alot of the offensive coaches. I think there was a second left on the clock and it was the right call. If Kunalic does his job and kicks the ball in-bounds we win that game. However, if I wouldn't have consumed so much alcohol on my wedding night I wouldn't have woke up to a pissed off wife so we can should'a, could'a, would'a all day. Get ready for the bowl game..............

Um... We aren't calling Pellini's actions classless because we want them to replicated by our coach. His actions were embarrassing and that is the last thing any of us want at this point. Trust me.

Calling another team cheaters is pretty bad if you've got a legitimate beef, but doing so when you're in the wrong is inexcusable. And anyway, it would be the referees who were cheating, not the UT players.

Um... We aren't calling Pellini's actions classless because we want them to replicated by our coach. His actions were embarrassing and that is the last thing any of us want at this point. Trust me.

Calling another team cheaters is pretty bad if you've got a legitimate beef, but doing so when you're in the wrong is inexcusable. And anyway, it would be the referees who were cheating, not the UT players.

No doubt. I can understand being frustrated, but his comments and actions were way over the line for someone in his position. Grow up little boy.

On top of that he was wrong so he looks stupid on top of his tantrum.

Does anyone remember the pass interference call that put Texas in field goal range? Colt McCoy threw the ball away under pressure and they got rewarded with three points. Nebraska got screwed.
uhhh one play does not equal "screwed". There are always bad calls in a game. The foul for kicking the ball out of bounds? Good. The foul for the horse collar? Good call. In fact, the officiating was pretty even. All the nubs had to do was stop texas from getting into field goal range. they failed. Their bad.

For example, there was nowhere NEAR the level of crazyness that happened in the Arky/FL game. That game was ****ed.

Actually, if it's a conspiracy shouldn't we abandon college football altogether?

I mean, if it's rigged then it's phony all around.

You should be ashamed to accept that trophy!

In the wake of Nebraska's 13-12 loss to Texas in the Big 12 title game -- a game marked by Colt McCoy's last-second throw out of bounds that may have ended the contest -- Nebraska defensive coordinator Carl Pelini was quite heated, via Omaha.Com, as he screamed at Texas players \"You should be ashamed to accept that trophy!\" and \"BCS, that's why they made that call!\"

We'll update as the spew rolls in.

I like it. Nice to a coach with some fire. It'd be great if they got back to dominating like they used to.

Question then.

If the ball is thrown out of bounds, doesn't the clock stop end THEN, when it crosses the line, and not when the ball hits the ground? Then I can see the 1 second.

Either way, lots for the ****ers to discuss for the next few months. They was robbed! It was for the BCS ratings ... Meh, give me a break.

The clock stops when the offical blows the whistle....the whistle was blown when the clocked ticked to zero...the problem is that there are no 1/10 seconds in college football. It's either 1 or zero so the call on the field was made that time expired and then it got reversed????

It was just a weird way it ended.

Last edited:
uhhh one play does not equal "screwed". There are always bad calls in a game. The foul for kicking the ball out of bounds? Good. The foul for the horse collar? Good call. In fact, the officiating was pretty even. All the nubs had to do was stop texas from getting into field goal range. they failed. Their bad.

For example, there was nowhere NEAR the level of crazyness that happened in the Arky/FL game. That game was ****ed.

I was at the game....the flags that Nebraska was getting for pass interference and lack of holding and chop blocking calls were tremendous. There was one play when the offensive lineman had a hold of Suh's helmet (ear-hole and guard) while he was pursuing mccocy for almost 2-3 seconds and pelini lost it and got into the refs and they wouldn't do anything.

It was one sided officiating in my opinion but that's not why we lost...we lost because of that kick out of bounds. Such a bone headed play for an otherwise flawless PKer.

I was at the game....the flags that Nebraska was getting for pass interference and lack of holding and chop blocking calls were tremendous. There was one play when the offensive lineman had a hold of Suh's helmet (ear-hole and guard) while he was pursuing mccocy for almost 2-3 seconds and pelini lost it and got into the refs and they wouldn't do anything.

It was one sided officiating in my opinion but that's not why we lost...we lost because of that kick out of bounds. Such a bone headed play for an otherwise flawless PKer.

Thats what good o-line men do. They cheat, steal, cheap shot. What ever they can do to keep the QB in the upright position.

How about the horse collar tackle? That was as legit penalty that gave Texas a free 15 and a stoppage of clock. With out that penalty Texas does not win that game.

And now you know how we felt going a decade or so never seeing a single holding call against the fuskers.... :cool:

Back