What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pelini

Pelini has no class and will drag the 'braska program into the depths of hell. Mark my word.

Bo Pelini is 20-8 at Nebraska while Hawkins is 16-33. I think Colorado is the program that has been dragged into the depths of hell.

Bo Pelini is 20-8 at Nebraska while Hawkins is 16-33. I think Colorado is the program that has been dragged into the depths of hell.

It's a beautiful hell with majestic peaks in the distance. There's not a grain elevator in site. The piss balloons are tossed with wreckless abandonment at all things red. This is training for summer internships on greenpeace anti-whaling missions. Spliffs are passed around by spoiled hippies with trust funds and fancy German sports cars. Communal lovemaking starts and ends each and every day. Those yoga clases that are based upon the Kama Sutra are awsome! The 300 days of sunshine, temperate climate, and access to some of the best skiing in the world only adds to the missery that is CU.

It's a beautiful hell with majestic peaks in the distance. There's not a grain elevator in site. The piss balloons are tossed with wreckless abandonment at all things red. This is training for summer internships on greenpeace anti-whaling missions. Spliffs are passed around by spoiled hippies with trust funds and fancy German sports cars. Communal lovemaking starts and ends each and every day. Those yoga clases that are based upon the Kama Sutra are awsome! The 300 days of sunshine, temperate climate, and access to some of the best skiing in the world only adds to the missery that is CU.

Too bad that none of it seems to help the football program.

Precisely.

It may even explain why the sad little fusker trolls are so desparate for the attention of Buffs fans.

Hell if I care, but if true, the booster should really focus on ****ing duhbraska...send your money out west! We'll accept you. :smile2:

And cu still can't win 10 games.

And cu still can't win 10 games.

Nope it doesn't look that way, but at least CU can boast of things things even during disappointing seasons.

And since you've identified 10 wins as the benchmark, what did nebraska have between 2002 and 2008 when they produced only one 10 win season?

Nope it doesn't look that way, but at least CU can boast of things things even during disappointing seasons.

And since you've identified 10 wins as the benchmark, what did nebraska have between 2002 and 2008 when they produced only one 10 win season?
Nothing but 53 wins with no mountain range.

Nothing but 53 wins with no mountain range.

I love college football, like nobody's business, but I sure wouldn't trade you. Enjoy those victories snatched from your seasons of mediocrity.

I love college football, like nobody's business, but I sure wouldn't trade you. Enjoy those victories snatched from your seasons of mediocrity.
A wins a win, cu always brags about the landscape and how Nebraska is a ****hole but it doesn't matter because cu will never be on the National Landscape.

A wins a win, cu always brags about the landscape and how Nebraska is a ****hole but it doesn't matter because cu will never be on the National Landscape.

Why not? We have been a player on the "National Landscape" on several occassions before. "Never" seems to be an odd choice of words here. I certainly hope that CU's program returns to national relevance.

Also, I find it interesting that you think it "doesn't matter" that nebraska is a ****hole. Okay, I guess. It matters to me--I wouldn't live there, but your statement implies that the history of the team for which you root is more important to you than the quality of life or beauty of the state it represents. Your priorities are your own perogative. Enjoy.

Bringing up the local environment in a college football discussion is so ridiculous and pathetic. Its admitting that you got nothing, and are grasping at the last straw to feel better about yourself.

Bringing up the local environment in a college football discussion is so ridiculous and pathetic. Its admitting that you got nothing, and are grasping at the last straw to feel better about yourself.

Well, you're welcome to return to the discussion of whether or not nebraska's defensive coordinator was banging a booster's wife, but frankly I found that topic about as relevant to college football as the discussion surrounding the benefits provided by our respective campuses. In fact, I'd argue that from its beginning, this thread was never really about college football.

I disagree. I was not a former CU football player. I am a longtime devoted fan of CU. I am an enthusiastic fan. That enthusiasm is a direct result of the total CU experience. The degree set me on my way, exposing me to ideas and concepts that I use in the workplace. Without a CU degree, I wouldn't be in the same position of living the American Dream; wife, kiddo, a mortgage, a career that adds value to my existance and supports my CU habit.

I am indebited to CU for the lifestyle it provides. Football is one part of that equation, but it's not the the only factor, nor is it the primary factor. The bigger picture includes those ski trips to Eldora and Summit County. The City of Boulder offers the Kinetic Sculpture and Bolder Boulder races. Although Mall Crawl on Pearl no longer exists, it was part of the broader college experience, too. On campus, my time on the cross country and track cemented my bond with the CUAD. Football funds that program, so when I spend money on CU football, win, lose, or draw, a portion of those proceeds funds the development of some of the best middle and long runners in the country. The running community and access to miles of trails in Boulder is top notch, and thanks to CU, I was able to partake.

And yes, the FAC and the party scene on campus and on the Hill cemented quite a few friendships.

If all that is pathetic, then Lammie, I don't know what to tell you.

I recognize there are die hard football fans that live of die by the win-loss record. There are those who go so far to tie their self-esteem to the success of the football program. There are those who live vicariously through the achievements of the players. And to each, their own.

Speaking personally, I couldn't care less if Nebraska fans like to pigeonhole the football discussion in terms of "scoreboard". Not a one of them were so blessed to experience what I did while attending CU.

Even if CU never wins an other mNC, they did win one during my magical stay in Boulder and no Husker can take that away.

And when it comes to football, Nebraska is better off than CU at the moment. But Nebraska is no Alabama. And Nebraska has a long way to go to dislodge the powers from the B12 south. If ya'll want to act superior on a CU fanboard, that's pathetic. You have a long way to go before being the biggest big red in the land. This Pelini drama just goes to show how delicate Nebraska's attempt at returning to relevence really is. Both Pelini brothers are hot heads (Think Leach and Mangino.) Both are time bombs. Tick. Tock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although you're right on the money in regards to neb having a long ways to go to catch OU, UT and Bama (it's not going to happen anytime soon), and also on CU being much more than football, I think it's wishful thinking to believe the Pelinis are going to somehow explode and hurt neb. Why? Because little bo peep is more than intense on the sidelines? Or is it because of an internet rumor (that's changed multiple times) that has yet to be substantiated in any way?

It's obvious neb players love the pelinis...I don't think the same could be said for Mangino or Leach. When Suh was giving an acceptance speach for one of his awards, he broke down in tears when describing how much his talks with carl meant to him as a person. I don't think that's a ticking time bomb.

I disagree. I was not a former CU football player. I am a longtime devoted fan of CU. I am an enthusiastic fan. That enthusiasm is a direct result of the total CU experience. The degree set me on my way, exposing me to ideas and concepts that I use in the workplace. Without a CU degree, I wouldn't be in the same position of living the American Dream; wife, kiddo, a mortgage, a career that adds value to my existance and supports my CU habit.

I am indebited to CU for the lifestyle it provides. Football is one part of that equation, but it's not the the only factor, nor is it the primary factor. The bigger picture includes those ski trips to Eldora and Summit County. The City of Boulder offers the Kinetic Sculpture and Bolder Boulder races. Although Mall Crawl on Pearl no longer exists, it was part of the broader college experience, too. On campus, my time on the cross country and track cemented my bond with the CUAD. Football funds that program, so when I spend money on CU football, win, lose, or draw, a portion of those proceeds funds the development of some of the best middle and long runners in the country. The running community and access to miles of trails in Boulder is top notch, and thanks to CU, I was able to partake.

And yes, the FAC and the party scene on campus and on the Hill cemented quite a few friendships.

I recognize there are die hard football fans that live of die by the win-loss record. There are those who go so far to tie their self-esteem to the success of the football program. There are those who live vicariously through the achievements of the players. And to each, their own.

Speaking personally, I couldn't care less if Nebraska fans like to pigeonhole the football discussion in terms of "scoreboard". Not a one of them were so blessed to experience what I did while attending CU.

Even if CU never wins an other mNC, they did win one during my magical stay in Boulder and no Husker can take that away.

And when it comes to football, Nebraska is better off than CU at the moment. But Nebraska is no Alabama. And Nebraska has a long way to go to dislodge the powers from the B12 south. If ya'll want to act superior on a CU fanboard, that's pathetic. You have a long way to go before being the biggest big red in the land. This Pelini drama just goes to show how delicate Nebraska's attempt at returning to relevence really is. Both Pelini brothers are hot heads (Think Leach and Mangino.) Both are time bombs. Tick. Tock.

That is great, and Im sure many people have those same feelings for NU, maybe not for all the same things but for other things that they feel are important and significant in their lives as well. This feeling of connection and appreciation that you speak about is not exclusive to you or your university.

That is great, and Im sure many people have those same feelings for NU, maybe not for all the same things but for other things that they feel are important and significant in their lives as well. This feeling of connection and appreciation that you speak about is not exclusive to you or your university.

I agree completely. I don't minimize the bond that husker's have with their program. While Husker fans were celebrating their beat down of Arizona at a bowl game, CU fans remain stewing about our slide into irrelevancy. It is what it is.

I'm bummed that the students graduating from CU this year don't know what it's like to cheer on a winning program.

Although you're right on the money in regards to neb having a long ways to go to catch OU, UT and Bama (it's not going to happen anytime soon), and also on CU being much more than football, I think it's wishful thinking to believe the Pelinis are going to somehow explode and hurt neb. Why? Because little bo peep is more than intense on the sidelines? Or is it because of an internet rumor (that's changed multiple times) that has yet to be substantiated in any way?

It's obvious neb players love the pelinis...I don't think the same could be said for Mangino or Leach. When Suh was giving an acceptance speech for one of his awards, he broke down in tears when describing how much his talks with carl meant to him as a person. I don't think that's a ticking time bomb.

Well said. Sounds like you have good insight for what is going on at Nebraska, and for that matter what it will take for the Buffs to find the success they desire. For what it's worth coming from a Husker fan, I respect that.

I hope the meltdown happens on National TV that way cu fans can have the satisfaction of saying we told you so. BTW how's the ZEN working out for cu.

Well said. Sounds like you have good insight for what is going on at Nebraska, and for that matter what it will take for the Buffs to find the success they desire. For what it's worth coming from a Husker fan, I respect that.
The thing about Pelini is that he is such a huge change from the, and this will make me puke becuase I really don't believe it, "class" of the Osborne/Devaney eras, that I cannot believe he will last. He is a total scumbag with a propensity to explode and embarras the school. I think he is a hares breath from stepping over the line.

I'm bummed that the students graduating from CU this year don't know what it's like to cheer on a winning program.

Thankfully I was born a fan so I have cheered on this winning program many times. However, yes it is unfortunate I haven't been able to do this during my four year stay here and the students who never followed CU football before they came here will have a poor impression about the program and as a result some will not remain fans.

I hope the meltdown happens on National TV that way cu fans can have the satisfaction of saying we told you so. BTW how's the ZEN working out for cu.

You mean like the Pelini brothers' meltdown following this year's B12 championship? The zen sucks. Thanks for asking.

The thing about Pelini is that he is such a huge change from the, and this will make me puke becuase I really don't believe it, "class" of the Osborne/Devaney eras, that I cannot believe he will last. He is a total scumbag with a propensity to explode and embarras the school. I think he is a hares breath from stepping over the line.

What has he done that makes him so classless? He's intense, but I've seen nothing to make me think he's about to step over some line.

By the way, Devaney was a dick from everything I've read. A drunken man who spent more time getting plastered and hitting on college girls than watching film.

You mean like the Pelini brothers' meltdown following this year's B12 championship? The zen sucks. Thanks for asking.

Yelling in the tunnel...embarrassing, but not much more than that. I'd hardly jump to the conclusion that that means he's close to stepping over the line and ruining neb's program.

little bo peep voted Texas numero uno.

Back