What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Penn St. v. Nubs thread...

I'm really rooting for PSU today. Not because they're playing Nebraska but for all the innocent players, fans, alumni, and administration. Like any group of alumni and fans, they love their school and team and are very ashamed and saddened by the these events and realize that a series of grave mistakes was made. But that doesn't mean they should cower and go away, or shouldn't still be 100% behind their school and team. The school did the right thing by cleaning house at the 3 top key positions and will be making tremendous adjustments going forward to be sure that nothing remotely close to this horrendous occurs at their institution again.

gotta pull for Nittany. i laughed my azz off when the Great Pelini Machine lost to N'Western at Stalin Stadium last week.

Penn State. The people who protected the child-molester were the problem, and I will continue to root for justice in that case, but I'd like to see Penn State hold it together long enough to beat nebraska. If it falls to **** after that, then fine. But there are a lot of innocent people in this too.

Did the team say they were walking the game ball to Paterno´s house if they won?

Did the team say they were walking the game ball to Paterno´s house if they won?

Okay, I'm rooting against those morons now. Jesus, why is this so difficult?

Serious question. Chances of a meteor strike?

This is brutal. I don't know who to root against. Think I will just turn the game off.

Dr. Tom warned 'braska fans to not wear red today because, you know, the PSU fans are in a bad mood. Who knows? They may even throw piss bombs or something.

Penn State. The people who protected the child-molester were the problem, and I will continue to root for justice in that case, but I'd like to see Penn State hold it together long enough to beat nebraska. If it falls to **** after that, then fine. But there are a lot of innocent people in this too.

that's how the whole "secrecy" issue implicates everyone. you, me. players, alums, fans, families put your trust in something that has abused it.

well said Wally.

Agree also. It is normal and natural to want to support your school and your teams, to give your loyalty to your school and to always hope and think the best about them. Most of us here do the same for the Buffs.

The problem comes when you have have news like came out this week and your fans put your coach and your program ahead of the lives of the victims of this horrible crime. There are multiple layers to this disgusting situation. At the core you have Sandusky who was the one who actually did the damage to the children. You can't blame the fans, the students, and the other supporters for his actions, he is the one responsible.

The next layer is the system that protected him and enabled him to continue to violate children, including violate children on campus, years after they knew or should have known that he was doing it. Again can't blame the fans for this although you can question them allowing a system where a football program and coach became so powerful that they had the ability to do this without oversight or responsibility to anyone but themselves. This was after all supposed to be a university with an athletic program, not an athletic program with a university.

The next layer is the fans and supporter who in light of the news coming out willing placed their football coach and team ahead of the lives of the victims who continued to be victimized because of the culture they allowed. The idea of protesting and rioting in support of a coach who was implicit in this ongoing crime against children is enough to turn my stomach. Looking at the game today and seeing far more posters, sweatshirts, and other messages in support of Paterno than I see in support of the victims is thouroughly disgusting.

I would hope that if I ever get so out of line in my priorities that I would place my football team ahead of the lives of innocent children that someone would do whatever is neccessary to knock some sense into my head. To the Penn State fans who were legitimately not aware of what was going on, sickened by it, and supportive of the changes needed to try to correct it, my empathy for you. I hope that you are able to find a way to make this a positive learning experience in your lives and that you will be better for it. For those still trying to keep the enablers of abusers around so they can win football games, I hope your fan experience is ruined in every possible way as long as possible until you come to your senses.

Okay, I'm rooting against those morons now. Jesus, why is this so difficult?

Serious question. Chances of a meteor strike?

This is brutal. I don't know who to root against. Think I will just turn the game off.

I'm feeling the same way. Part of me says that the players are just caught up in this, but did nothing wrong, and wants to root for them. I remember what CU players went through during our "scandal", and while none of the charges here are against any player, I fear the PSU players may hear even worse. But then they say they're going to take Paterno a game ball, and I feel a bit sick. Seeing the fans with their "We love Joe" banners makes me ill, and that makes me want to root against them. But then I remember the Stepford fans in red, and the bull**** they've defended and supported over the years, and I want to root for Penn State. Part of me wants the world to see that Penn State is more than Joe Paterno, and always has been. But part of me can't forget that when the fans chant "We are.. Penn State", they're ignoring the fact that something was fundamentally wrong, deeply wrong, at Penn State, and it went far beyond any one person, or even beyond the football program. And I want them to lose.

But in the end, I look at the screen, and I just want Nebraska to lose. It's not deep, it's not profound. But it just feels so right... :nod:

I have the game on mute and listening to the radio.

BTW, Gameday is headed to Houston for SMU/Houston next week. Except for the Big Game and Oregon/USC next week´s schedule is crap.

Somebody care to explain how Texas Tech managed to defeat Oklahoma ... in Norman? Down 35 zip to Okie Lite.

Won´t happen. Have you seen the Bedlam series record?

that game is in Stillwater. OU has lost Bryoles and Whaley. they are damaged goods. i'll take OSU in that one. i wish he was our QB, but i'm not a huge believer in Landry Jones. he's got deer in the headlights moments. Blackmon will be the best player on the field. and i love Gundy's O.

still don't understand how OU lost to Tech.

Really? Even with the Pac 12 Championship game? Don't you think the powers that be would rather match Andrew Luck and Stanford vs LSU over Okie State?

I think it would definitely be LSU vs. OSU in the title game. OSU would get the nod over Stanford due to the tougher competition they faced.

Somebody care to explain how Texas Tech managed to defeat Oklahoma ... in Norman? Down 35 zip to Okie Lite.

Wondering the same thing, but after that they've lost 41-7 to ISU in Lubbock and 52-20 to Texas. The wheels are off...49-0 at halftime.

I think it would definitely be LSU vs. OSU in the title game. OSU would get the nod over Stanford due to the tougher competition they faced.
I really don't understand how Okie St's schedule is that much tougher. I think Oregon would beat OU and Texas. The rest of the Big 12 is not that impressive. Stanford has ND as an OOC game, whereas Okie St's toughest OOC game was Arizona.

Do you think Stanford's SOS is getting screwed by USC being ranked so low in the polls? Is punishing USC really punishing Stanford?

I really don't understand how Okie St's schedule is that much tougher. I think Oregon would beat OU and Texas. The rest of the Big 12 is not that impressive. Stanford has ND as an OOC game, whereas Okie St's toughest OOC game was Arizona.

Do you think Stanford's SOS is getting screwed by USC being ranked so low in the polls? Is punishing USC really punishing Stanford?

i think Stanford's SOS is getting screwed since they've played two ranked teams, UW (22) and USC (20). one of whom won't be ranked on Monday. bottom feeder stuff rankings. USC has no wins over ranked teams and lost to Arizona State. UW has lost to the only ranked team they played. the Pac is weak. get over it.

Baylor sucks and ATM is in disarray, but OSU has wins @ Texas @ATM, @Missouri. baylor. blow outs. they beat K State last week.

Last edited:
Halftime of this one, and I have an announcement to make:

I am fully committed to rooting for Penn State to lose. **** those ****ers with all of their Joe Paterno support. Go nebr...erm...let's just say, I'd really like to see Penn State lose.

Halftime of this one, and I have an announcement to make:

I am fully committed to rooting for Penn State to lose. **** those ****ers with all of their Joe Paterno support. Go nebr...erm...let's just say, I'd really like to see Penn State lose.

One advantage to kNU winning is that it reduces the chances of Penn State winning their division and having a shot at the Rose Bowl. I know that the greedy bastards would have a hard time doing it anyways the right thing for PSU to do is to decline a bowl invitation and start their housecleaning at the end of the schedule. Getting a Rose Bowl bid would make it that much harder for them to do the right thing.

Back