What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Perspective...

SuperD

Club Member
Club Member
At the end of the day a loss is still a loss. But at least we lost to a mid-seed team from the league the media crowned as the best conference this year, in a game that was projected as the closest coin-flip game of the opening round. New Mexico, KjucoSU, and Misery lost to Harvard, LaSalle, and the Rammies....think about it. :thumbsup:

I know I feel better right now than I would if I was a Georgetown fan. Maybe they'll come back, but right now they're a national title contendor trailing a 15 seed by 12 with under 6 minutes left.

I know I feel better right now than I would if I was a Georgetown fan. Maybe they'll come back, but right now they're a national title contendor trailing a 15 seed by 12 with under 6 minutes left.

Crap...I took a break from the games to take care of some chores and dinner and wasn't paying attention. That would very efficiently complete the destruction of one of my brackets. Had New Mexico and Georgetown in the Final Four.

Considering when I went to CU, we made ONE NIT appearance, back-to-back NCAA appearances is a big achievement. I really hadn't had much expectations until 2010-11, thought it was our best shot between Burks/Higgins. When we got shut out by the committee, I was beyond devastated since were not a program like Syracuse, when we get screwed we know we'd be back. Honestly, I had never been so disappointed because my sports team got the short end of the stick. Then last year, I thought we could be decent and we were for the regular season, the Conference Tourney run was my experience as a Buff. This year expectations were like never before for the program. I don't want to say I expected them to make the Tournament, but I wasn't going to be surprised if they did like in the past. And clearly wasn't just happy to be there. This loss hurts, but it's much better than being happy to get to the NIT like 5 years ago.

We weren't favored and lost to a 7 seed. Not the end of the world. However, the feeling can't be escaped that Illinois is complete 'meh', at least for me. They've had their games where they're on fire. Maybe they will be against Miami. This wasn't one of those games. This was about our flaws on offense rearing their ugly head one last time this season, along with some questionable decisions.

It's unlikely our great years in the tourney will come as a 10 seed. We should have won, but this was a young team that is learning and on its way to better finishes. We did lose 4 out of our last 6 games.

It's unlikely our great years in the tourney will come as a 10 seed. We should have won, but this was a young team that is learning and on its way to better finishes. We did lose 4 out of our last 6 games.
I think the future is bright as well. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the last two years for what their worse, you just never know. I thought the Oregon State game in particular left a sour taste going out on Senior Day like that. No shame in losing to UofA(who we basically beat twice) or Illinois. Beating Stanford(on the road) and Oregon down the stretch were some highlights. Hopefully this is just the start of things to come.

Back