What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pete Thomas...

Pete the Pussy just gave the Buffs some bullitin board material to help motivate them on Sept 4th. The only thing that the lambkins did right so far was to name a starting QB!!! If Talkins would do the same, it might go along way to tell the team who will be leading them on the field as well as stop all of the fan / media speculation. Not naming the starting QB is not going to keep the lambkins off balance or from trying to guess what the Buffs offense is going to do.:wow:

Last edited:
Pete the Pussy just gave the Buffs some bullitin board material to help motivate them on Sept 4th. The only thing that the lambkins did right so far was to name a starting QB!!! If Talkins would do the same, it might go along way to tell the team who will be leading them on the field as well as stop all of the fan / media speculation. Not naming the starting QB is not going to keep the lambkins off balance or from trying to guess what the Buffs offense is going to do.:wow:

Yeah, Fairchild was actually able to pull the trigger and make a decision on starting QB. Imagine that. Wait, is this Thomas kid related to him?! :smile2:

Yeah, Fairchild was actually able to pull the trigger and make a decision on starting QB. Imagine that. Wait, is this Thomas kid related to him?! :smile2:

Neither team has any room to open their mouths and run them right now. CSU went 3-9 last year with a win over us, another 3-9 team (more on this later) and a win over a very inconsistent Nevada team and a luck out win over a team that is not even a full division 1 team. That one they only won because Webber fumbled the ball setting up for a chip shot field goal to win.

There is no way in the world that CSU should even stay on the same field as CU based on comparative talent levels. CSU has some nice, hardworking guys but on a pure talent basis they have maybe 6-8 who would belong in the two deep at CU or almost any other BCS conference school. Ram fans will argue and disagree but facts are facts.

The advantage that CSU does have is that Hawk has shown a talent for losing to teams that should not even consider beating CU. Montana State, Todedo, almost Eastern Washington, and yes CSU. Will it happen again this year, with Hawks record and this one being away from Folsom as well I wouldn't bet against it.

This game is CSU's season every year. I went there for my master's program and know a ton of alums. They may claim otherwise but the CU game means the world to them, win and they have a successful season, lose and they usually go into the tank as fans and a team only coming out the following year. Hawk had better figure this out and throw his "even keel," don't get to high or low crap out the window because CSU will be there with everything they have to give. Even with the clear advantage in talent at CU a motivated team will virtually always beat a team that is not ready to play.

It is sad that CSU's entire self-image is based on beating a team that went 3-9 last year, it is sadder that that team is us and we have legitimate concerns about it happening again.

CU needs bulletin board material for motivation for this game? I doubt that is true, and if it is thats pretty sad. This game will be another pillow fight this year, like it has been for awhile, sadly.

some sobering stuff in this thread re: that CSU beat us at home last year....but, i don't think i'd go to Harvard...since i had some HS buddies who went there for summer school, i slept on their floor and hung out in Cambridge and saw bands in Boston, and i thought all the "real Harvard people" were massive douche canoes. BC, unless you are Catholic....meh. Northwestern, gray days....architecture like rooftop Carrier Cooling units, highest suicide rate for US colleges....but the FORT?

see, Mick had some golf scholly sniffs at places like UTEP and Wichita State....and a partial academic scholly to Vandy with a tryout for the golf team. Mick chooses Vandy.

what i don't like, is that it makes no sense. Over the years, CSU seems to thrive on situations and players that make no sense.

i still think we win going away:

CU 33
CSU 16

they score the last 6.

Last edited:
How could you get recruited to Harvard and not go to school there unless you are a sure-fire NFL guy and want to go to a school like USC or Texas or Florida? That will never make sense to me.

Last edited:
How could you get recruited to Harvard and not go to school there unless you are a sure-fire NFL guy and want to go to a school like USC or Texas or Florida? That will never make sense to me.

Cause Harvard ain't free. No schollys in the Ivy league for athletics.

My guess is the $$$. Ivy schools don't give athletic schollies, though they will dig up some academic grants for athletes. So maybe the player/family are scared of the price tag. An Ivy degree, especially Harvard, will pay off this debt 100-fold, but some people don't see it like that.

I have a sinking feeling this Thomas kid will be pretty good. Especially with the big targets at WR and a good tight end. Couple that with good running backs and that spells trouble for us. If we don't get to Thomas early and often (and at times without blitzing due to their run game) it is going to be a long day for us. Too often have we seen nobody CSU quarterbacks come out of nowhere and light us up.

I am really concerned when breaking down this game. Get fired up Buffs! We need to be very physical and error free.

i didnt want to put this in mcnamara's thread but saw this photo tweeted early

tmac with pistol pete

AhOPAFrCIAAbSVT.jpg

CSU QB Pete Thomas, nation's top HS TE, McNamara, ND QB Matt Mulvey!

Rumors abound that he's transferring to Vanderbilt.....say it ain't so, as I wanted to relive this thread in 8 months

Sucks for us if true - he was terrible. Grayson looks much more dynamic

Rumors abound that he's transferring to Vanderbilt.....say it ain't so, as I wanted to relive this thread in 8 months

Looking like that is the case. Will compete with Carta-Samuel, formerly of WYO. Probably a good thing for Pete in the long run. Although I think McElwain could have helped him improve, I don't think Thomas would have beaten out Grayson going into next season. It was very clear by the end of the season which one was the better QB and that Thomas was going to have a lot of work to do to keep his job.

Last edited:
Sucks for us if true - he was terrible. Grayson looks much more dynamic

Grayson looked better in all facets. Better accuracy, a better arm and an ability to keep the play alive with his feet. I hope CSU takes a look at Pittser out of WYO who also indicated he is leaving their program. Could add some nice depth and competition for Grayson.

Back