What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PG mindset

Shldr2Shldr

Club Member
Club Member
I am not sure if it is because Spencer was playing with the team first approach and the other PG's are trying to emulate that, but they look timid. They bring the ball up the court and appear to be afraid to take the shot if it is there, or drive if the lane is there. I just watched some highschool highlights from XT and J-Hop. I understand that the competition level has been increased significantly, but I feel like if both of them played with the mindset they did in HS we would do much better. XT was aggressive up in sterling, driving to the hoop, or shooting the jumper when it appeared. Same with Jaron. In HS he was a machine getting to the rim.

Maybe it is just a lack of confidence in their own abilities right now, but I really think between the two of them we could get some acceptable PG play.

From what I have seen from watching CU games this year, the PG in the half court offense would dribble to the top of the key and start a passing rotation that was meant to breakdown the defense.

If you are talking about fast break, different story entirely (and I did not watch the game last night - got caught responsible for the kids and we watched The Lorax - lucky me!).

Back