What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Phil DiStefano: CU Buffs 'not deterred' in search for new football coach

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Kyle Ringo, Buffzone.com

University of Colorado Chancellor Phil DiStefano vowed to press on and find the right man to lead the football program after Cincinnati coach Butch Jones turned down the Buffs' five-year, $2.7 million offer today.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
Click here to view the article.

So, it's halftime at the bb game last night. We're walking out of the club area, just as Dr Phil is walking in. I see him but keep my mouth shut. Brad does not have the same filter, and says in a very loud voice to his buddy: "That little fellow there is Phil DiStephano!" :lol:

We are not deterred in the search for a new football coach.

We may very well be de turd in the search for a new football coach.

So, it's halftime at the bb game last night. We're walking out of the club area, just as Dr Phil is walking in. I see him but keep my mouth shut. Brad does not have the same filter, and says in a very loud voice to his buddy: "That little fellow there is Phil DiStephano!" :lol:

I like to think of him as Mr. Magoo
MrMagoo3.JPG

lol

letter to Athletic Director Bohn and Chancellor DiStefano

Dear Mike Bohn and Chancellor Distefano :

I am a very concerned fan and proud alumnus, of what I would argue is one of the greatest universities in the country. The campus is amazing, the people are great and extremely friendly, the atmosphere within the city is one of the most dynamic in the country and the professors and teachers are extremely talented. You compete in the Pacific 12 conference with the likes of USC, UCLA, Stanford, CAL, Washington, and Oregon . This is arguably the best athletic conference in the country.

Yes, it is great that we are competing in most sports with these elite teams in particular Tad Boyle, doing an amazing job with the men's basketball team. Wake up and realize that football is the sport that brings all the money to the table. Your football team has not only become the laughing stock of the Pac 12 conference but is now the laughing stock of the entire Football Bowl Subdivision.
You must get a big time college coach to turn this football program around! When I say big time college coach I am not referring to a San Jose State head coach or a Fresno State coach, I am talking BIG TIME COACH with BIG TIME MONEY. No offense to Fresno State or San Jose State, both coaches did an excellent job of turning those schools around, however they did a great job against schools such as Colorado State, Hawaii, San Diego State, New Mexico, UNLV, Wyoming and Air Force. In my opinion you cannot expect a coach like Tim DeRuyter or Mike MacIntyre to be able to compete in the Pac 12 week in and week out. Colorado plays teams that play in BCS bowl games, like Stanford and Oregon this year, not teams that play for the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl. Get your act together, because if you make the same mistake that you made seven years ago when you hired Dan Hawkins, I am afraid you might completely destroy a program that was nationally relevant only fifteen years ago.
We are on a horrible downward spiral that does not get any better by hiring a Fresno State or San Jose State type coach.

I highly recommend you really take a deep look at a guy like Bobby Petrino. A man who has proven that he can win at an elite level such as the SEC. He has shown that on the field he has what it takes to be a winner and turn a program around. Coach Petrino's overall record: 75-26 (Top 25 16-15) Bowl Record: 4-3 (BCS 1-1). He has an offense that puts points up in abundance and he is known for his ability to develop quaterbacks. Well guess what AD BOHN and Chancellor Distefano you have a freshman quarterback in Shane Dillion that can spend the next four years developing under this guy. Without a solid quarterback in the Pac 12 football conference you have nothing! You need someone to be able to develop the raw athletic talents that this kid has and turn him into the next big deal out of Boulder. Please look at this website to see the upside of Coach Petrino http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rousel-why-programs-should-hire-bobby-petrino.

With that being said I am not siding with Petrino or even remotely saying what he did with cheating on his wife and then covering it up when he crashed his motorcycle with his mistress was acceptable. It is NOT ACCEPTABLE at all and completely irresponsible. With that being said Mr. Chancellor and MR. Athletic Director we all make mistakes in our lives some bigger than others however, if you can sit there and say you have never made a mistake in your life than you need to re-evaluate your own lives because that is a lie. We all make mistakes and we all learn from our mistakes. After the mistakes you two have made with the hiring of Hawkins and then the untimely and unjustified firing of Jon Embree (An Alumni) I believe he wasn't the ultimate answer but should have been given more than two years to turn around a team that hadn't had a winning season in Boulder in five years. This was a classless act to do to any coach let alone an alumni coach. I understand the win now mentality, but you have to realize what you’re working with and at this point the University of Colorado is not working with a whole lot. Whatever you two decide, I hope it turns around this team because the city, the fans and the Alumni have never wanted a winning team more than right now! Please realize, the wrong hire at this stage in the game, will do irreversible damages that could take decades to fix. Colorado cannot afford this.

Yours truly,
Very upset Colorado Alumni Matt Zieman 09

mzcubuff09, welcome to the club, but if you're going to write a letter to both the chancellor and the president of the university of colorado, please don't **** up your punctuation in the first sentence. These guys won't take you as seriously.

I don't see how a San Jose State or Fresno State coach can't turn this program around? It simply isn't sexy like hiring Petrino would be, but it doesn't mean they wouldn't win games here. Some people just seem to want to win the offseason.

The last person I want to hear speak on anything concerning cu athletics, especially the football program.

Back