What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Phil Steele likes the Buffs

DBT is a voice of reason, unlike all you hysterical yahoo's. You just misunderstand me, that is all. :smile2:

You know I'm just giving you a hard time, my man. We may disagree from time to time, but I know you are a solid Buff....

Maybe PS felt the need to pump some sunshine up our asses inorder to sell his magazines in the 18th largest media market.

Using inverse Missouri logic here, the fact that we've had Tech's number in the past has absolutely zero bearing on what will happen this year. In other words, we can't count on Tech's coaching staff to make the same mistakes they made the last time they played us. In fact, as Tubberville is the new dude there, I'd say we can pretty well count on them NOT making those same mistakes. I'd give this group a 20% chance of beating Tech this year.

With that logic then we should beat Kansas. Sorry, any home game is basically a good chance to win a game, that is one thing Hawk has done, he usually has them playing well at home. Until Texas Tech proves otherwise, I am expecting that to be a good chance game.

With that logic then we should beat Kansas. Sorry, any home game is basically a good chance to win a game, that is one thing Hawk has done, he usually has them playing well at home. Until Texas Tech proves otherwise, I am expecting that to be a good chance game.

What team have you been watching? CSU was in Folsom last year as was Missouri and Nebraska. The wins against KU and A&M were down to the wire. I did not see CU dominating anyone other than Wyoming at Folsom. I would buy CU plays better at home than on the road but I have trouble buying that he has them playing well at home (usually).

I'd love our chances at 3rd place in the North if we got rid of this incompetent coaching staff.. But with Talkins and his buddy Riddle and the other morons he employs, I'm not going to get my hopes up..

I"m not sure we beat CSU and with the rest of the non-conference schedule, I think it could definitely get ugly very quickly...

Unleash, I'll make the prediction right now.. 3-3 will be our record at home.. This idea that Folsom is some kind of winning advantage is such a farce.. This ain't the 90's anymore.. Teams have come into Folsom and have thrown us around like a bunch of rag dogs for years now.. Its even gotten worse under Talkins.

Last edited:
I'd love our chances at 3rd place in the North if we got rid of this incompetent coaching staff.. But with Talkins and his buddy Riddle and the other morons he employs, I'm not going to get my hopes up..

I"m not sure we beat CSU and with the rest of the non-conference schedule, I think it could definitely get ugly very quickly...

Unleash, I'll make the prediction right now.. 3-3 will be our record at home.. This idea that Folsom is some kind of winning advantage is such a farce.. This ain't the 90's anymore.. Teams have come into Folsom and have thrown us around like a bunch of rag dogs for years now..

b.s. we're third in the north last year with a decent kicker.

Unleash, I'll make the prediction right now.. 3-3 will be our record at home.. This idea that Folsom is some kind of winning advantage is such a farce.. This ain't the 90's anymore.. Teams have come into Folsom and have thrown us around like a bunch of rag dogs for years now.. Its even gotten worse under Talkins.

If we don't beat CSU thats sad, they don't return a a single starter on the O-line. The 5 starting seniors on their O-line was the reason they beat us last year. I think we actually do beat CSU, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't either.

And as for Folsom home field advantage, I am talking in general with the teams we are playing at home this year. I am aware we have had struggles even at home, but I look at the schedule and make that comment about home field.

Hawaii is one we should win
Baylor is better with Griffen, but still Baylor, at home we should win, although they beat us last time here.
We have Texas Tech's number and they are breaking in a new coach, hard to predict that in anyones favor.
CU/ISU, home team has won this game since 2004, 6 years in a row!
KSU, better than we thought last year, but not great, we won last time they were here.

If we don't beat CSU thats sad, they don't return a a single starter on the O-line. The 5 starting seniors on their O-line was the reason they beat us last year. I think we actually do beat CSU, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't either.

And as for Folsom home field advantage, I am talking in general with the teams we are playing at home this year. I am aware we have had struggles even at home, but I look at the schedule and make that comment about home field.

Hawaii is one we should win
Baylor is better with Griffen, but still Baylor, at home we should win, although they beat us last time here.
We have Texas Tech's number and they are breaking in a new coach, hard to predict that in anyones favor.
CU/ISU, home team has won this game since 2004, 6 years in a row!
KSU, better than we thought last year, but not great, we won last time they were here.

What team have you been watching? CSU was in Folsom last year as was Missouri and Nebraska. The wins against KU and A&M were down to the wire. I did not see CU dominating anyone other than Wyoming at Folsom. I would buy CU plays better at home than on the road but I have trouble buying that he has them playing well at home (usually).

Alabama, Ala freakin bama! Thats what team I was watching!
[video=youtube;gD9jfDvI_tE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD9jfDvI_tE[/video]

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

3-3 at home with this schedule would be pathetic.

there's a fine line between bullish and bull ****.

to paraphrase Nigel Tufnil [there's a fine line between clever and stupid]

Not to bust your chops, but I think that quote was from David St. Hubbins (the patron saint of quality footwear!). I thnk one of David's other quotes probably fits our situation: "Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation."

This one goes to 11...
[video=youtube;ll7rWiY5obI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll7rWiY5obI[/video]

We *should* beat Kansas, I agree. But again, that game is on the road, and we suck on the road. They play better at home, but I wouldn't call their efforts against CSU, Missouri, and *ebraska last year as "playing well". All three of those games were at home. All three of those games were games we *should* have won, but didn't come close. Hawkins has proven one thing in his tenure in Boulder - that he's a terrible coach.

3-3 at home with this schedule would be pathetic.

Let's look at the home schedule: Hawaii, Georgia, Iowa State, Kansas State, Baylor & Texas Tech. Remember, Hawkins is 0-1 against Baylor in Boulder. KSU ripped CU a new asshole last year, and could very well do the same thing this year. Iowa State? Well, Hawk needed a goal line stand against a dog sh!t ISU team two years ago to win that game. Georgia? are you kidding me? Tech could go either way. That leaves Hawaii as the probable win in this home schedule. I hate to say it, but I could easily see a scenario where this team goes 1-10 this year. I don't think that will happen. They'll find a way to win 3-4 games, maybe 5, but I wouldn't count on many more.

Let's look at the home schedule: Hawaii, Georgia, Iowa State, Kansas State, Baylor & Texas Tech. Remember, Hawkins is 0-1 against Baylor in Boulder. KSU ripped CU a new asshole last year, and could very well do the same thing this year. Iowa State? Well, Hawk needed a goal line stand against a dog sh!t ISU team two years ago to win that game. Georgia? are you kidding me? Tech could go either way. That leaves Hawaii as the probable win in this home schedule. I hate to say it, but I could easily see a scenario where this team goes 1-10 this year. I don't think that will happen. They'll find a way to win 3-4 games, maybe 5, but I wouldn't count on many more.

I got the CSU mixed up as a home game and somehow left UGA out of the equation because I was looking at another post further up and confused the list in that post with the actual list of home games. Anyway, I'd still consider 3-3 at home a disappointment and we'll have to go at least 4-2 at home to have a realistic shot at 6-7 wins.

I got the CSU mixed up as a home game and somehow left UGA out of the equation because I was looking at another post further up and confused the list in that post with the actual list of home games. Anyway, I'd still consider 3-3 at home a disappointment and we'll have to go at least 4-2 at home to have a realistic shot at 6-7 wins.

I think 3-3 is optimistic. Georgia, Tech, Baylor and KSU are all considered better than CU right now. For CU to go 3-3 at home, they'll have to win one of those games, plus beat ISU and Hawaii. Of the four, Baylor is probably the best shot we have.

CU needs to have things fall just right for them this year if they're going to have any success. Based on what I've seen from Hawkins in the last four years, I have very little faith that things will fall just right for CU this year. On the bright side, I'm sure practices will be "awesome".

I'd be more bullish about ISU if I didn't watch that YouTube video of Rhodes in the locker room after the Nebraska update. Rhodes has that team amped. They are buying what Rhodes is selling in Ames.

Hawkins didn't do well against first year coaches like Pelini at fuskerville, Ron Prince at Kjuco or against Fairchild at CSU. Based on history, I'm not convinced Tuberville or Gil will be at a disadvantage against the Buffs. Does anyone seriously believe CU will be able to develop the better gameplan against these newcomers?

I'd be more bullish about ISU if I didn't watch that YouTube video of Rhodes in the locker room after the Nebraska update. Rhodes has that team amped. They are buying what Rhodes is selling in Ames.

Hawkins didn't do well against first year coaches like Pelini at fuskerville, Ron Prince at Kjuco or against Fairchild at CSU. Based on history, I'm not convinced Tuberville or Gil will be at a disadvantage against the Buffs. Does anyone seriously believe CU will be able to develop the better gameplan against these newcomers?
The list of first year guys who have whipped Hawk led teams is pretty long. You can add Boeckman (sp?) at Toledo, Snydley (yeah, I know he was at KjSU before, but he was really playing with HCRP's WCO recruited guys), even the guy at EWU was a first year guy and came within a hair's breadth of beating Hawk at Folsom. The only first year coach I can think of htat Hawk beat was Christensen.

CU won in Fairchilds first year

It's a sad state of affairs for a once proud program when people are hoping to squeeze 4 or 5 wins out of a schedule that includes CSU, ISU, KSU, a greatly depleted KU, Hawaii, and Baylor.

It's a sad state of affairs for a once proud program when people are hoping to squeeze 4 or 5 wins out of a schedule that includes CSU, ISU, KSU, a greatly depleted KU, Hawaii, and Baylor.

Who's hoping to squeeze 4 or 5 wins? I'm hoping for 8 or 9. Also, I take exception to the "once proud" remark. I'm still proud of them and know they are proud as well.

Back