What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Phillip Lindsay

I didn't think he had a snowball's chance in hell of outrunning that DB on the long run. He showed me!

Cu2hMUHUAAEHegl.jpg

"We've established what we call 'Colorado football.' 'Colorado football' is a saying. It's you being gritty. It's you being a dog. It's you having that swag. At the end of the day, you play 'Colorado football.' You make plays and win. And that's what it's all about."

"Winning 6 games -- that's cute, but we need to move on and move forward. We have a lot more to accomplish."

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post...milestone-colorado-targets-pac-12-south-crown

I don't think I've enjoyed a Buff RB running his mouth so much since EB wore a CU helmet.

So many of these players have improved through the seasons.
Even a few games into this season, so many here could not mention Sefo without injecting some asterisk, or saying how mistake prone he is. This is after a few nearly flawless games. Well, he is still slinging it, mostly accurate, and has not thrown interceptions. Maybe now people will finally get off the guys back. Many players improve. Fans are sometimes slow to recognize it.
I give MM and staff a lot of credit for player improvement.

A lotta credit to Darian Hagan as RBs coach. He has made Lindsay and Evans both, a whole lot better. You could see it in the Spring Game, as I said then.
Drew Wilson, too. Speed is basically "force against the ground". You build those butt and leg muscles with Oly lifting, you get faster since you apply more force against the ground. Elementary.

Last edited:
CU Video with a great view of his long TD run to start the 2nd half.

This video has so much going on. One overlooked moment is when Coach is walking onto the field (-0:24), signaling to go for 1, and his son runs by and gives him a casual high 5.

I didn't think he had a snowball's chance in hell of outrunning that DB on the long run. He showed me![/QUOTE]

A lot of people do that! Thank goodness they turn the pages in those picture books, very slowly

I ****ing love this kid. Great interview by @BuffStampede

http://www.scout.com/college/colorado/story/1721863-lindsay-enjoying-breakout-season

“That is No. 1 on my list. I love it. I hope everybody sees my passion for it,” Lindsay said when asked about his contributions as a blocker. “Running the ball 100 times, that is cute. Catching the ball, scoring touchdowns, that is cute. But when it is time to go out there and it is time for you to put your body on the line to protect one of your brothers, and you go out there and you execute... that is the best feeling in the world.

“If you are a bad dude... if you think you are a mean linebacker, if you think you are a mean defensive lineman, then you better show me because I am coming to play. Just talking about blocking gets me going. If I get that first block in and I stick it, I hit you, and you feel me, now you understand I ain't playing around. You understand, he is here to play.”

A lotta credit to Darian Hagan as RBs coach. He has made Lindsay and Evans both, a whole lot better. You could see it in the Spring Game, as I said then.
Drew Wilson, too. Speed is basically "force against the ground". You build those butt and leg muscles with Oly lifting, you get faster since you apply more force against the ground. Elementary.
I love Evans as 2nd string to Lindsay. Evans brings a little bit of the shiftiness I feel we lost when Patrick Carr left. Evans complements Lindsay well.

I love Evans as 2nd string to Lindsay. Evans brings a little bit of the shiftiness I feel we lost when Patrick Carr left. Evans complements Lindsay well.

RBs are the biggest surprise for me this year. And Evans really came out of nowhere. I would have never guessed he would be ahead of healthy Lee & healthy Adkins on the depth chart. Dude has performed.

Lindsey has added a new gear. Over the past years he was known for his tenacity as a runner. I never saw him break away like he has this year. Adding the speed he has developed this year to his tenacity makes him truly dangerous.

Lindsay vision has gotten exceptionally better. Obviously the O line improvement has been a big reason, but he is finding the right holes and hitting them. He has taken his game to another level. Awesome to witness.

Lindsey has added a new gear. Over the past years he was known for his tenacity as a runner. I never saw him break away like he has this year. Adding the speed he has developed this year to his tenacity makes him truly dangerous.
I think he isn't waiting for holes, so he just goes. Not dancing or getting hit at the LOS means you are in full speed immediately. Bursting through the line at full speed means the D can't make adjustments to run him down as easily.

Props to PL and his new position coach!

Hagan was really put down by many as a RB coach after Hawkin's reign. Some who post on this board ventured that he never should have been a position coach at all. Good to see the RBs doing so well this season.

Back