What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Phillip Lindsay

Tini, I understand you take everything HCMM says as gospel so I'm not going to argue with you on that. I'm merely pointing out that every season coaches tout a handful of players that had good offseasons - sometimes they pan out in the fall, sometimes not.

I hope Lindsay turns out to be a great player for us, but I'm not getting overly excited about an undersized RB who has looked good in "winter workouts" and half a season on the scout team. If he proves HCMM right in the fall then that's a great story.

I'm not taking everything that MM says as gospel, I'm just excited to see Lindsay after what MM has said about him and what others have said (ie. could have received major PT last fall but they kept his RS). It is ok to get excited, life shouldn't be one bitch/negative fest.

I'll get off of my high horse now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How fast is Lindsay really? Seems like the thinking is that his speed will help compensate for his size, but wasn't speed a question mark here, or am I remembering it wrong?

I don't know what kind of straight line speed he has but if you watch the HS highlights he has a lot of quickness. Might be kind of a Rodney Steward type (not making any claims to as good) who has the cuts and start and stop but not the speed over distance.

I don't know what kind of straight line speed he has but if you watch the HS highlights he has a lot of quickness. Might be kind of a Rodney Steward type (not making any claims to as good) who has the cuts and start and stop but not the speed over distance.

Rodney was and would have been much faster in a straight line if Von Miller didn't make his leg explode...

Rodney was and would have been much faster in a straight line if Von Miller didn't make his leg explode...
Von Miller caught Rodney for a reason. That said, Speedy was faster before the break. but "much faster" I don't think so.

Von Miller caught Rodney for a reason. That said, Speedy was faster before the break. but "much faster" I don't think so.

There is also a reason that instead of tackling, Von Miller had to reach out for the last thing he could, that being Speedy's shoulder pad.

Rodney was always much more elusive than fast. He was outstanding at making guys miss in space but got caught from behind a lot.

Von had options on that play including simply pushing him or dragging him out of bounds, instead he went for the pad and twisted him down. It wasn't a last moment desperation td saving move.

That fact and the fact that he had SJSU in the top 25 without ever landing a recruit with a legit P5 offer there holds no water here SD. Furthermore, the fact that several guys that HCMM brought into the 2013 class to go with Gillam were outstanding despite being equally ignored by the P5, carries no weight with the doubters.

It's just not possible to be better than the pack, only lucky once in awhile. We can't count on that luck.

Have you forgotten that at one time, Dan Hawkins was the winningest coach in D1?

I'm not taking everything that MM says as gospel, I'm just excited to see Lindsay after what MM has said about him and what others have said (ie. could have received major PT last fall but they kept his RS). It is ok to get excited, life shouldn't be one bitch/negative fest.

I'll get off of my high horse now

Isnt your high horse a Shetland Pony?

Oh you're so cute. Go ahead and prove how much more you know about football than me by posting a old sweatshirt. That'll teach me not to argue with you!

Apparently you are short and vision impaired.

Good for him, but until cu finds 5 guys who can consistently block and put up 200 ypg, meh.....

Back