What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pick your top candidates for DC!

Choose your favorite of top 4 candidates (according to Rivals)

• Gibbs

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Pendergast

Votes: 61 54.5%
  • Orlando

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • Seto

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
I know it is a loooooooong shot but I am going with Orgeron, even if we could only keep him a few years. Recruiting stud in our footprint and a damn good coach.

The Utah St DC and the Hawaii DC seem legit. I just want someone with some fresh ideas that will be aggressive. The bend but don't break defense makes me sad.

The Utah St DC and the Hawaii DC seem legit. I just want someone with some fresh ideas that will be aggressive. The bend but don't break defense makes me sad.
I would like either of those. We also need to find a dynamite recruiter. Have too.

also someone who wants to "attack"!...while i understand we lacked personell its still not an excuse to play prevent victory defense in the first quarter!

Hawaii's DC (Clune) spent 2013 under Orlando (Utah State's DC) before getting the promotion in Hawaii. He was a long time LB coach at USU and Weber State.
I think he's a bit inexperienced but Hawaii did have good improvement.

I'd take a long look at this and really look around. Some very good candidates who may be able to bring some assistants with strong ties in TX or CA/AZ/HI would be nice.

I'd take a long look at this and really look around. Some very good candidates who may be able to bring some assistants with strong ties in TX or CA/AZ/HI would be nice.

I have to think MM would have started the ball rolling on this.

I have to think MM would have started the ball rolling on this.
I suspect we may be far aling in the search process. If we are right in assuming baer was warned, bc he already found a new role. If he was notified a week or 2 ago, hcmm already has guys in mind and probably already started conversations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawaii's DC (Clune) spent 2013 under Orlando (Utah State's DC) before getting the promotion in Hawaii. He was a long time LB coach at USU and Weber State.
I think he's a bit inexperienced but Hawaii did have good improvement.

Seems like there have been a few good DCs to go this route lately. Wisconsin's DC was at Hawaii and came from USU before that yeah? Maybe we can back up the brinks truck for that guy..

Duane Akina - Secondary Coach at Stanford this year who was at Arizona for years.

Todd Orlando - DC at Utah State

Dave Aranda - DC at Wisconsin (if he doesn't get retained at UW or move on to OSU)

No Orgeron?

If he's available, I think it would work. I know he wants to be a HC. Maybe he's willing to be a coordinator again in the Pac-12. If so, sure. But as DC? Definitely as DL Coach. Definitely as Assistant HC & Recruiting coordinator (make Walters Pass Game Coordinator to make room there). But Orgeron is not an Xs and Os guy.

Back