What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pick your top candidates for DC!

Choose your favorite of top 4 candidates (according to Rivals)

• Gibbs

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Pendergast

Votes: 61 54.5%
  • Orlando

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • Seto

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters
As long as we are dreaming impossible dreams, Jim Harbaugh is available come Sunday.

Exactly. Feel like this dreaming is setting up Buff land for major letdown. I think we'll get a good hire here but a guy like Pendergast is probably outside our reach unless HCMM had a tight relationship with him. For those who were wondering, they did not coach the Cowboys at the same time.

I'm not expecting many of the big names, but I do expect to be satisfied with the new hire. Someone good will take a chance on this job if the pay is right (which I believe RG will make happen).

How important is it to hire someone with a proven track record of slowing down all the spread offenses we see in the PAC12, particularly in the South?

Allbuffs:

1. Create thread for dreaming up DC candidates.
2. List absurd candidates.
3. Create expectations that CU will hire absurd candidates.
4. Begin to believe in the wet dreams identified in #2.
5. Burrito wakes up with sticky pants. Again.

Hello all, long time no visit...

Has anyone thrown David Gibbs' name out there? He appears to be without a home, as the DC/interim HC at Houston through the bowl game. He makes $300k, and is a former Buff with a good pedigree.

This. Ex-Buff Gibbs was DC at Auburn, Minny-so-cold and UH, with each team's "D" improving under his tutelage and direction. Plus he has TX connections from being in Houston and a solid NFL pedigree on top of it all.

Not much to "not like" about Gibbs.

How important is it to hire someone with a proven track record of slowing down all the spread offenses we see in the PAC12, particularly in the South?

Eh. I really think Rocky Seto is an interesting name. Hasn't coached in the Pac-12 since Carroll left USC, so the game was much different. However he runs probably the best secondary in the entire NFL.

With him and the candidates I would prefer, it is about playing and teaching an aggressive style of defense that focuses on tackling fundamentals.

Allbuffs:

1. Create thread for dreaming up DC candidates.
2. List absurd candidates.
3. Create expectations that CU will hire absurd candidates.
4. Begin to believe in the wet dreams identified in #2.
5. Burrito wakes up with sticky pants. Again.

Happens daily, irregardless .

Do we all suspect that RG was pushing for some change?

Thats what I think and I would suspect that for the 1st time since he got here, RG will have some influence over who is the new DC. Our previous AD seemed to have an approach of going to small time programs and looking for a gem. I think RG needs to fill the seats to bring in more $. And he doesn't strike me as someone who will deliver a mediocre product. So I think he will support HCMM in getting someone dynamic and great.

Lets face it- our defense has been so porous. If we can start to hold teams on D, our O can lead us to more victories.

if we hire Hagan for one of the positions, I'm going to be sick. If he is so good, why are no other schools looking at him. Great former Buff. But I would love to see new energy around here!!!!

I'm not expecting many of the big names, but I do expect to be satisfied with the new hire. Someone good will take a chance on this job if the pay is right (which I believe RG will make happen).

Yes. This is what we need. I doubt someone would go from a great job to one where there is a losing record and no promise of being here 2-3 years from now. But I wish we could get Seto.

Eh. I really think Rocky Seto is an interesting name. Hasn't coached in the Pac-12 since Carroll left USC, so the game was much different. However he runs probably the best secondary in the entire NFL.

With him and the candidates I would prefer, t is about playing and teaching an aggressive style of defense that focuses on tackling fundamentals.

I remember many ABers said no way we get RG and we were dreamers. We got him. If RG wants championships he has t convince and find $.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great point. Did any of us expect to e breaking ground on new facilities and having them done by January 2016??? Thanks to RG, we will have the major problem fixed quickly. I expect him to make a splash with the DC hire.

I remember many ABers said no way we get RG and we were dreamers. We got him. If RG wants championships he has t convince and find $.

I love Our AD but it's never good when the AD meddles into who the assistant coaching situation. Never!

Good point. I'm so used to this program sucking, I didn't even think of RG's influence here. He wants to win now, so we could be pleasantly surprised.

This is where I am. There are a lot of guys out there who can come in and help our defense improve fairly quickly. Doesn't have to be the flashy hire (obviously take it if you have the chance) but we've got several options who we should all be able to feel good about.

I love Our AD but it's never good when the AD meddles into who the assistant coaching situation. Never!
No one is saying that is the case here, all people are saying is he will provide the financial backing to make a top notch hire

If we're dreaming big, why not John Pagano? Maybe he'd want to come home. (I know, not gonna happen)

I'm really impatient. I want to know now who our DC will be.

So how long do you all think this takes???

Did HCMM already have his guy in mind?? Or is the process just starting now??

I'm really impatient. I want to know now who our DC will be.

So how long do you all think this takes???

Did HCMM already have his guy in mind?? Or is the process just starting now??
No idea. But I can't imagine MM didn't have a short list in mind before the announcement. It's gotta happen soon...give him time to relocate, get introduced to staff and players, possibly get in different assistants and recruiting.

Whoever the DC is, he'd better be able to run the 6-0-5 that we're going to run next season.

Back