What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pick your top candidates for DC!

Choose your favorite of top 4 candidates (according to Rivals)

• Gibbs

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Pendergast

Votes: 61 54.5%
  • Orlando

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • Seto

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters
I'm really impatient. I want to know now who our DC will be.

So how long do you all think this takes???

Did HCMM already have his guy in mind?? Or is the process just starting now??
The process has been in place. Pretty sure we hear sooner rather than later. Being reported on other sites so will leave it at that.

No one is saying that is the case here, all people are saying is he will provide the financial backing to make a top notch hire

Sorry Tini but several have said exactly that including 90sBuff on his long post on this page.

Thats what I mean too. But I do think it's a decision that RG plays a big role in because his own goals require a competitive team. He is HCMMs boss. I'm sure HCMM can pick his guy but it also involves RG too. I don't see how that is bad. They should be working together and on the same page.

Certainly do not want RG picking the DC. Want RG to be an advisor and a financial backer to HCMM's decision though.

Thats what I mean too. But I do think it's a decision that RG plays a big role in because his own goals require a competitive team. He is HCMMs boss. I'm sure HCMM can pick his guy but it also involves RG too. I don't see how that is bad. They should be working together and on the same page.

A meddlesome AD can cause unrest on the coaching staff (see wisconsin)

Helpful is good
Micromanaging is not.

I didn't think of that. Good point.

but on that note, how would all feel if RG had been the one to force HCMM to make a change at DC? We will never know. But I'm glad we are getting the change either way.

A meddlesome AD can cause unrest on the coaching staff (see wisconsin)

Helpful is good
Micromanaging is not.

I heard from a reliable source that if we lost any of the first four games next year, Baer would have been fired mid season. HCMM was the one who advised them to move on for the better. It allows klayton to move up to a coordinator and Baer to have a longer stay then he would have at CU. RG is there to sell the school and support anything Mac does. MM has more coaching connections then the past three staffs combined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are re you saying Klayton becomes DC?

I heard from a reliable source that if we lost any of the first four games next year, Baer would have been fired mid season. HCMM was the one who advised them to move on for the better. It allows klayton to move up to a coordinator and Baer to have a longer stay then he would have at CU. RG is there to sell the school and support anything Mac does. MM has more coaching connections then the past three staffs combined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put me in the "not keen" category.
I'm rather done with bringing in old CU guys to serve prominent positions just because they were CU guys. I think it's a plus if all things are equal, but that's it. with Hagan versus who else we could hire, all things are NOT equal. Nor are they for McChesney, to think of it.

Mike Mac moving to DC to make room for Harbaugh as HC. Let's get some momentum behind this.:lol:

My choice is a guy none of you have ever heard of. As a matter of fact, I've never heard of him either.

Nope. Wouldn't name names.
Well Adam said we should probably know by New Year's if not by the end of this week so the suspense will only kill us for a few more days. Reading between the lines, my guess is they are already in negotiations for a pretty big fish. Perhaps it is far from a sure thing though, and maybe RG is trying to secure the funding? Pins and needles!

I'm rather done with bringing in old CU guys to serve prominent positions just because they were CU guys. I think it's a plus if all things are equal, but that's it. with Hagan versus who else we could hire, all things are NOT equal. Nor are they for McChesney, to think of it.
Absolutely this. Hire the best guys we can find, regardless of ties to the program. Didn't work for us nor Michigan...

Well Adam said we should probably know by New Year's if not by the end of this week so the suspense will only kill us for a few more days. Reading between the lines, my guess is they are already in negotiations for a pretty big fish. Perhaps it is far from a sure thing though, and maybe RG is trying to secure the funding? Pins and needles!

Got the same feeling. Patr has been right on lately.

Back