What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

pivotal year...

Computer polls used in the BCS have it pretty close. Of course their schedule takes a minor hit for playing 5-7 CU while ours gets a little boost for playing them.

Let me state again. Yes, I do think our schedule was tougher, but not by a large margin. And I do not think they played a weak schedule.

The margin was huge. Sure the Big 12 is tough but they had 3 gimmies to start the season, we had 1 in EWU and almost lost. EWU would have beaten all of the Nubs OOC opponents except VT.

Plus they play all of 4 road games last year?!?! I can't believe that's allowed.

The margin was huge. Sure the Big 12 is tough but they had 3 gimmies to start the season, we had 1 in EWU and almost lost. EWU would have beaten all of the Nubs OOC opponents except VT.

Plus they play all of 4 road games last year?!?! I can't believe that's allowed.

Why do you consider 9-4 WMU and 6-6 SJSU "gimmes" yet give CU credit for playing CSU?

EWU would have beaten WMU? Time for a reality check.

Again, why are we debating the 2008 schedule strength of NU in a thread about this coming season?:huh:

Last edited:
Because a ****er troll posing as a buff thinks it's important to defend the ****ers.

Because a ****er troll posing as a buff thinks it's important to defend the ****ers.

Because I don't see everything through your biased views does not make me any less of a fan than you. I've followed the Buffs since the early 80s, and I'll always be a huge fan. However, me being a fan does not make me oblivious to reality.

For example, someone dogging NU for playing a 9-4 non-BCS team yet giving us credit for playing a 7-6 non-BCS team.

It's ridiculous, regardless of which team you root for.

If we want to get this thread back to talking solely about the Buffs, that's fine. Let's just be a little realistic.

Why do you consider 9-4 WMU and 6-6 SJSU "gimmes" yet give CU credit for playing CSU?

EWU would have beaten WMU? Time for a reality check.

SJSU not a gimmie? Who needs the reality check?

Frankly, the fact the NU played 8 home games tells me all I need to know about the difficulty of their schedule. They're one notch ahead of KSU in the scheduling department.

You're right, it's tough playing a MAC team at home. Then to show how tough NU was, they scheduled NMSU at home too. Way to sack up. Mullen could have beaten NMSU.

CSU is no juggernaut, but they're an instate rival and we played them in the first game of the season on a nuetral site.

You're right, it's tough playing a MAC team at home. Then to show how tough NU was, they scheduled NMSU at home too. Way to sack up. Mullen could have beaten NMSU.

CSU is no juggernaut, but they're an instate rival and we played them in the first game of the season on a nuetral site.

Point is, you can't dog NU for playing 9-4 WMU and give CU credit for playing 7-6 CSU. There's no question in my mind NU schedules too weak of competition, as does UT. Those two programs should be above that. But apparently they're not.

However, that does not change the absurdity of you claiming EWU is better than WMU. MAC teams can be pretty decent. So can WAC teams. So can CSU at times.

Believe what you want, but I still think that was a WIDE margin in SOS last year between us and NU.

Believe what you want, but I still think that was a WIDE margin in SOS last year between us and NU.

And it looks like you'd be at least somewhat right about that...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt08.htm

It's kind of an ugly looking table, but it's the final Sagarin stats from the 08 season. CU ranked at #72 :sad1: but their SOS was #19. UNL ranked #23, their SOS ranked at #38.

Mania is right on the Western Mich/Eastern Wash issue, though. WMU ranked at #79 in these rankings, EWU was #121.... :huh:

NU will be favored to win, and with reason.

In the preseason they would be favored but we have a lot of questions to be answered on both sides of the equation here.

NU needs to find a QB and there's still going to be questions about that until the VA Tech game is played. Then the world will know what NU has.

Pelini (Um... Me) will have the Defense playing tough for sure. I expect the offense will be solid under Watson IF the QB play is solid. It's not like Watson developed a lot of QB's here at CU in his six years. Thank God Joel Klatt gave up baseball..... A couple JC kids provided quick fixes but every recruit we gave a scholarship did not make the grade.

In the preseason they would be favored but we have a lot of questions to be answered on both sides of the equation here.

NU needs to find a QB and there's still going to be questions about that until the VA Tech game is played. Then the world will know what NU has.

Pelini (Um... Me) will have the Defense playing tough for sure. I expect the offense will be solid under Watson IF the QB play is solid. It's not like Watson developed a lot of QB's here at CU in his six years. Thank God Joel Klatt gave up baseball..... A couple JC kids provided quick fixes but every recruit we gave a scholarship did not make the grade.

Agreed on all accounts.

So did steve fairchild at csu and we beat them by 21 so,we should destroy csu right?

Who you telling about hawk and his record here? Have you ever read this board before? I've been concerned about hawk and this program and have stated so numerous times.

So we have no chance vs the fuskers, got it...

I agree with you that the jury on Hawkins is still out. I have my doubts too but not enough to make me think hes not all that hes cracked up to be. After this season that opinion could change.

As for NU, we could go into that game 0-10 and probably turn out our best performance of the year. That game is about catching lightning in a bottle.

I thought we should have gone after Bo. He'll have that team playing at a high level, imo.

I agree with you that the jury on Hawkins is still out. I have my doubts too but not enough to make me think hes not all that hes cracked up to be. After this season that opinion could change.

I thought we should have gone after Bo. He'll have that team playing at a high level, imo.

With all the gaps in recruiting and other parts of the entire show that the great GB left, its a wonder we still have a D-1 program to complain about!

Anyone recall SIX O-linemen as th number DH started with? How 'bout NO friggin QB? How about a touchy-feely S&C coordinator who focused on technique rather than strength? Our best DT starts as a 6'2' 240 lb RB; our best LB as a safety; our best RB won't run north-south; wide receivers were nowhere to be seen ??? Down so low it looks like up to me!

Most of you---yeah Syko, I'm talkin' to you!---gloss over or willfully forget just how awfully low this program was after that 100-6 debacle presided over by the great GB---he who had the nerve to tell us to lower our expectations, then wants a contract renewal without incentives! Wotta joke!

Yeah, its pivotal and progress has been shown in the foundation and will be shown on the field. Time to quit bitchin' and close ranks behind our Buffs.

As for Bo, there is a reason a dozen or so major programs passed on Bo as HC. He got real lucky with kNU last year, with 8 home games and the usual cream-puff OOC, plus he had a very good senior QB. Too, Bo wouldn't last 5 minutes in front of the generally hostile-to-CU denver media, without stomping on some poor reporter---think Bill Mallory without the charm!

With all the gaps in recruiting and other parts of the entire show that the great GB left, its a wonder we still have a D-1 program to complain about!

Anyone recall SIX O-linemen as th number DH started with? How 'bout NO friggin QB? How about a touchy-feely S&C coordinator who focused on technique rather than strength? Our best DT starts as a 6'2' 240 lb RB; our best LB as a safety; our best RB won't run north-south; wide receivers were nowhere to be seen ??? Down so low it looks like up to me!

Most of you---yeah Syko, I'm talkin' to you!---gloss over or willfully forget just how awfully low this program was after that 100-6 debacle presided over by the great GB---he who had the nerve to tell us to lower our expectations, then wants a contract renewal without incentives! Wotta joke!

Yeah, its pivotal and progress has been shown in the foundation and will be shown on the field. Time to quit bitchin' and close ranks behind our Buffs

:rolleyes:

Yeah, its pivotal and progress has been shown in the foundation and will be shown on the field. Time to quit bitchin' and close ranks behind our Buffs.

Where has progress been shown? In "potenial"? I know it definitely hasn't been shown in on-field results.

Take another shot of Kool-Aid, though!

Where has progress been shown? In "potenial"?

I dunno Fusker...maybe in improved spelling from the kNU-grad pizza delivery guys like you, who make our lives in COLO easier?

I'll take those results against OU, WVA, T-Tech, even the lowly "corncobs" as good signs for starters, but I'm not satisfied with those alone.

BUT I am willing to look at the "Big Picture---you know, the one you get when you pull yer head outta yer nether region?

GPAs ---up! Youth camp attendance ---up! Fundraising---up! Number of schollie O-linemen---up! Number of quality RBs---up! Average age and maturity---up! Understanding of Hawk's concepts and system---up! "Potenial"--heck, even potential---way, way up!

Don't need "kool-aid", but won't drink Husker hemlock either!

As for Bo, there is a reason a dozen or so major programs passed on Bo as HC. He got real lucky with kNU last year, with 8 home games and the usual cream-puff OOC, plus he had a very good senior QB. Too, Bo wouldn't last 5 minutes in front of the generally hostile-to-CU denver media, without stomping on some poor reporter---think Bill Mallory without the charm!

Could you please get out of Peter-Pan land and join the rest of us..

First off, as soon as I read "foundation" and "progress", I realized you must have been listening to dan hawkins motivational tapes while sleeping.

How long you going to blame a coach who's been gone for 4 years now? It's year 4 in the Hawk regime, lots of BIG talk little results. The foundation hasn't been set, a winning season might lay the first concrete floor.

Progress? Yeah, there was progress in 2007 but it went back to square one last year. Stop blaming barnett and start holding the coach who's been here going on 4 years and hold him accountable.

We've heard your speech for 3 years now, just win.

Could you please get out of Peter-Pan land and join the rest of us..

First off, as soon as I read "foundation" and "progress", I realized you must have been listening to dan hawkins motivational tapes while sleeping.

How long you going to blame a coach who's been gone for 4 years now? It's year 4 in the Hawk regime, lots of BIG talk little results. The foundation hasn't been set, a winning season might lay the first concrete floor.

Progress? Yeah, there was progress in 2007 but it went back to square one last year. Stop blaming barnett and start holding the coach who's been here going on 4 years and hold him accountable.

We've heard your speech for 3 years now, just win.

Well said. It's time to win, no more excuses. It's time to expect more than a losing season. I don't care if a losing season contains a win over a Top15 opponent, it's still a losing season. We should not let our expectations get so damn low.

As far as LilMunky...don't get your panties in a wad.

Back