What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Planning our first trip to see the Buffs.....need some help

GeauxCajuns

Hello all.....I am new to the site and wanted to introduce myself....I am David from Louisiana and each year a group of buddies and I (8) from Louisiana and Pennsylvania meet at a football game somewhere in the country and try to have a better time than the year before.

This year we have chosen the Nov. 11 USC/CU game...We have already rented a house for the weekend and have our tickets.

If ya'll don't mind, I love to hang around the forum from time to time and possibly get some help regarding parking, tailgating, microbreweries and anything else that would contribute to a great time.

Hello all.....I am new to the site and wanted to introduce myself....I am David from Louisiana and each year a group of buddies and I (8) from Louisiana and Pennsylvania meet at a football game somewhere in the country and try to have a better time than the year before.

This year we have chosen the Nov. 11 USC/CU game...We have already rented a house for the weekend and have our tickets.

If ya'll don't mind, I love to hang around the forum from time to time and possibly get some help regarding parking, tailgating, microbreweries and anything else that would contribute to a great time.

Start here: https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/cu-gameday-stadium-parking-tailgates-hotels-events-etc.118811/

For Microbreweries: (my personal faves within Boulder are right at the top with Avery & Mountain Sun/ Southern Sun)

Happy to answer any questions you have beyond that.

Dave, I have to ask... Why November? Just USC?

**** you.
Nice greeting. I'm in year 18 of a similar gig. I routinely use chat boards for insights into towns and teams we plan to visit. Never seen such a greeting as this.

David, I'll be glad to help. Maybe you served me some gumbo a few years ago as I was treated great by LSU fans. Hope you have a good time in Boulder.

No doubt.
The Oct 7 game versus Arizona is the better option for Dave if he's really wanting to ensure this trip to Boulder sets a high bar.

It's almost as if Dave is trying to sandbag for 2018.

Well....it fell within the dates that everyone was available to get together......we completely over complicate the selection process

A few of us have jobs that have us on a call schedule so that is always a hurdle....I am in charge of game selection so the process basically goes like this:

1. Find everyones availability
2. Let everyone know the possible dates and ask for 3 games to be nominated from each person
3. Send out an online survey to everyone that has them rank the nominated games by interest
4. Narrow it down to a top three and debate via group text thread at nauseum
5. Select a game and sit back while the guys in charge of game tickets and lodging do their part

Its actually pretty fun......we all love college football and are equally interested in experiencing the town that we go too...We always cheer for the home team and try to experience as many of the gameday traditions we can

Last edited:
Nice greeting. I'm in year 18 of a similar gig. I routinely use chat boards for insights into towns and teams we plan to visit. Never seen such a greeting as this.

David, I'll be glad to help. Maybe you served me some gumbo a few years ago as I was treated great by LSU fans. Hope you have a good time in Boulder.

I can assure you that you did not see me at an LSU game..(not really a fan of the purple and gold)..HAHA We are in year 3 of this and it is looking like Jambalaya may be on the menu this year in Boulder. I appreciate your offer to help us along the way..!

Where's the house you rented? Boulder will treat you right. No need to worry. The FU thing is an inside joke here.

The USC game is destined to be a classic. You should target it. This game will decide the winner of the South. It will likely be a blackout so bring black.

The USC game is destined to be a classic. You should target it. This game will decide the winner of the South. It will likely be a blackout so bring black.

We are looking forward too it....I believe it will be a great game as well....What do you think the chances are of it being a night game?

Where's the house you rented? Boulder will treat you right. No need to worry. The FU thing is an inside joke here.

I think we are off of Foothill Pkwy.....Near Manhattan Middle School.....(that is the only landmark i can see on mapquest)

We are thinking of doing so sort of pub crawl or Microbrewery Tour on the friday that we all arrive.

As far as the FU thing.......I laughed when i saw it and totally understood what was going on.....It told me that i was on the right board

Question, would people have a cow if I brought my Polaris along for the trip when I come to a game? It's a small trailer that just fits it basically.

Polaris ???
7558.New-Polaris-Race-Sled.jpg

I'm disappointed in the choice of November as well. Next to March, it's my least favorite month in Boulder. Boulder is at its best with either leaves or snow.

Is it too late to target the Pac-12 Championship rematch when Washington comes to town?

I'm disappointed in the choice of November as well. Next to March, it's my least favorite month in Boulder. Boulder is at its best with either leaves or snow.

Is it too late to target the Pac-12 Championship rematch when Washington comes to town?

**** you...

In regards to parking and tailgating......Is there a way for me to buy a single game parking pass?

Not that I know of - but as you drive closer to the stadium, you'll see crowds black-and-gold-clad fans walking. It is at that point that you should park your car and walk, or make a U-turn and see where they parked. There are various lots, some for charity, some for profit, on game day. You can get within five or six blocks of the stadium from most directions.
Note: do not try to park in a local business lot (Safeway, for example) and leave your car during the game. You will be towed.

It is too late.......starting the selection process over with our group of Knuckleheads would be PAINFUL! Do they serve beer in the stadium?

***** you

It is too late.......starting the selection process over with our group of Knuckleheads would be PAINFUL! Do they serve beer in the stadium?

***** you
That's the spirit!

Yes, they serve beer at select locations in the stadium, but you have to consume your beer in that location, with the aid of the big screen TV (not in the stands).

A couple of suggestions. Try to sit on the East side of the stadium--preferably in the upper section so that you can enjoy the front range as well as the game. I find that the topography complements the experience.

I know that someone already linked the thread of **** to do in Boulder. I'd suggest that burgers and drinks at The Dark Horse are a must. The Sink is a close second.

You'll want to leave a few hours to wander around Pearl Street Mall, but I prefer to the two blocks both east and west of the pedestrian mall for beer and food.

Reuben's is hit or miss for food, but has good taps. It's not unusual to stumble into some Pliny the Elder.

Happy hour at The Mediterranean for Tapas is a bit of a tradition.

Ado's Kitchen and Bar on the Hill is a hidden gem. Good food and a bar.

Let me know if you plan on hiking (probably too early to ski), and many of us will be able to throw some suggestions your way.

I can assure you that you did not see me at an LSU game..(not really a fan of the purple and gold)..HAHA We are in year 3 of this and it is looking like Jambalaya may be on the menu this year in Boulder. I appreciate your offer to help us along the way..!
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
Be careful, I was born and raised in Louisiana and visited Boulder in 1980. I'm still here.
If not LSU, who do you follow?

My alma mater is the University of Louisiana (Ragin Cajuns). I am a season ticket holder for just about everything there as I am sure is the case for most of you guys.

I don't support LSU mainly because of the fan base. They are a bit obnoxious

We have one LSU grad in our group. He is a good guy though. The rest are Vandy, Duke, Penn St, and Univ of Delaware grads

Back