What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Playoff rankings announced tonight (5:30 MT, ESPN)

The initial poll isn't worth the paper it is printed on. It is meaningless. Sure to generate all kinds of angst and yelling nonetheless.

You can't argue with the SEC's recent record in BCS games. You really can't. You can try, but then you look like a bunch of fans of an 0-5 Pac-12 team (should never have been let in) that are butthurt about a far superior conference. No one comes close to the SEC right now, with ESPN or without. Christ.

:lol: at the SEC hate
I like SEC football, but it is a self-fulfilling prophecy at times. Auburn struggled with South Carolina at home this past weekend and no one calls them out. I am an Auburn fan, but they are overrated at the moment.

I like SEC football, but it is a self-fulfilling prophecy at times. Auburn struggled with South Carolina at home this past weekend and no one calls them out. I am an Auburn fan, but they are overrated at the moment.

There's 12 people on the committee and 1 has SEC ties so I'm not sure where the bias is allegedly coming from.

There's 12 people on the committee and 1 has SEC ties so I'm not sure where the bias is allegedly coming from.

I think the SEC has gotten a super, hyper, prestige bias like we haven't seen before. It's not personal by anybody on the committee or even ESPN, despite their corporate interests. Notre Dame, Nebraska, USC have all gotten boosts previously just from their past success, but those were just individual teams.

The SEC has been so good for so long(or at least the 4 that won the BCS), that I think the media, ESPN especially, have lost a lot of objective thought when it comes to every damn team in the SEC. All 14 teams get a bump that raises the whole conference. They start ranked higher, their wins mean more, their losses mean less.

And Sportscenter just went to their SEC Channel panel for their thoughts, including Finebaum of course.

Doesn't bother me at all-but I think MSU gets in to the playoff with one loss as the only one of thesse four to do so. FSU gets bounced from contention in Louisville Thursday night, and I think Auburn and Ole Miss will both lose another game---As far as the "SEC bias", gameday going to Morgantown on Saturday morning was a very nice touch......

Actually Georgia has the easiest path to the SEC title game, now can they win it ? the SEC would almost be guaranteed 2 spots if MSU gets to the title game undefeated and lost to UGA. The committee did show a couple things that I do love 1) it doesn't matter when you lost (see Ole Miss) 2) Attention Notre Dame, your "traditional rivals" (aka patsy) schedule will get you left out.
What they exhibited in this initial poll for sure gives Oregon hope, but with the way they have played I cant see them running the table. One thing is certain the first poll will look nothing like the final poll.

...What they exhibited in this initial poll for sure gives Oregon hope, but with the way they have played I cant see them running the table. One thing is certain the first poll will look nothing like the final poll.

This was my thought as well. I think the SEC is good from top to bottom but other conferences(Mainly PAC but upper tier ACC) aren't as far behind as they are made out to be. As so many others have said, the SEC needs to start playing quality OOC opponents before it can call itself the best. Throw in a few decent P5 OOC games and I'll be more on board.

Actually Georgia has the easiest path to the SEC title game, now can they win it ? the SEC would almost be guaranteed 2 spots if MSU gets to the title game undefeated and lost to UGA. The committee did show a couple things that I do love 1) it doesn't matter when you lost (see Ole Miss) 2) Attention Notre Dame, your "traditional rivals" (aka patsy) schedule will get you left out.
What they exhibited in this initial poll for sure gives Oregon hope, but with the way they have played I cant see them running the table. One thing is certain the first poll will look nothing like the final poll.

That pretty much goes without saying but one thing to keep and eye on is that there is likely to be a fairly big difference between the next-to-last poll and the last one because it's not until then that the conference champion factor will kick in. There are 4 conference championship games on Dec. 5th-6th and the Big 12 champion will likely also be decided on that final Saturday.

Back