What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Playoff rankings

What do you like? I think your conflicted.

I think only one team from each conf should make it.
I think it should be the winner of the CCG, making the season matter
Everyone after that should have a "play in" like March Madness.

This would mean more than 4 teams gets invited.

Basically, I want the top 4 computer ranked teams in the playoff. Actually, I want a 12 team playoff. Making strength of schedule a major component would force teams into better non conference schedules and help emphasize the regular season. I do think all conference should be required to have CCGs, but I don't want to limit the potential field by only choosing from the winners of these games.

If you can't win your own division, you shouldn't have a chance at the national title. Nebraska shouldn't have had the chance, Alabama shouldn't have had the chance, and the number two team in the SEC West shouldn't have the chance.

If you can't win your own division, you shouldn't have a chance at the national title. Nebraska shouldn't have had the chance, Alabama shouldn't have had the chance, and the number two team in the SEC West shouldn't have the chance.

Church.

Different year and they aren't dominating like they were but it might be worth remembering.

Last year lots of talk about how FSU didn't belong in the NC game and had played a weak schedule. Also lots of talk about how tough the SEC was and how the SEC team should be heavily favored and that the game would be a truer representation of the NC if it included two SEC teams.

Also remember that at the end of the game the SEC team went home a loser.

Unless and until the SEC starts playing better OOC competition the idea that the final selections should be loaded towards them because they "are just so much better" needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

I don't like tOSU, TCU, or Baylor but the idea that we might have a 2 loss SEC team in the final 4 ahead of a 1 loss conference champion is ridiculous.

Different year and they aren't dominating like they were but it might be worth remembering.

Last year lots of talk about how FSU didn't belong in the NC game and had played a weak schedule. Also lots of talk about how tough the SEC was and how the SEC team should be heavily favored and that the game would be a truer representation of the NC if it included two SEC teams.

Also remember that at the end of the game the SEC team went home a loser.

Unless and until the SEC starts playing better OOC competition the idea that the final selections should be loaded towards them because they "are just so much better" needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

I don't like tOSU, TCU, or Baylor but the idea that we might have a 2 loss SEC team in the final 4 ahead of a 1 loss conference champion is ridiculous.

Also, it wasn't too long ago that people were having legitimate discussions about whether or not we should see a OSU/Michigan re-match in the title game because "the Big 10 was so tough" and "Michigan shouldn't be penalized for being in the same division as the best team in CFB." And both OSU and Michigan got steamrolled in their bowls.

A bit ironic that the same SEC folks that benefited from the "anti-rematch" stance then have clearly re-thought their opinion on the subject since then (and also in 2011).

I would like to see OSU in it right now, but so much will change the rest of the season and with the real conferences that have championship games, it matters very little at this point.

I think that nobody should get in without a conference championship. And the conference championship winner should be in. Effectively making the CCGs another round of the playoffs. B12 is loving not having to play another tough game and possibly getting an invite. And I don't like where the media can sway the polls and somehow get 2 or 3 SEC teams in. I do like that you have to win the CCG for your conference, then win the playoff games. I know others don't want it like the NFL, that the hot team at the end wins, and wants every game to count, but as I see it, not every game counts in the SEC. You can lose there, and still with opinions of media, remain at the top. I like wins determining the winner.

I think that nobody should get in without a conference championship. And the conference championship winner should be in. Effectively making the CCGs another round of the playoffs. B12 is loving not having to play another tough game and possibly getting an invite. And I don't like where the media can sway the polls and somehow get 2 or 3 SEC teams in. I do like that you have to win the CCG for your conference, then win the playoff games. I know others don't want it like the NFL, that the hot team at the end wins, and wants every game to count, but as I see it, not every game counts in the SEC. You can lose there, and still with opinions of media, remain at the top. I like wins determining the winner.

I don't like this, because many years you will not get the best 4 teams in the playoff.

It is going to end up being an 8 game playoff. The P5 champions and 3 at large. Top 4 ranked get byes.

It is going to end up being an 8 game playoff. The P5 champions and 3 at large. Top 4 ranked get byes.

I can live with the 5 conference champs being in if expanded to a minimum of 8 teams. I wouldn't mind 10 teams with the top 2 ranked conference champs getting byes, really put an emphasis on both the regular season and CCG.

I just keep waiting for the bitching and moaning that is going to come regardless of who is in or out. The harder it is to differentiate between the teams based on record, the better.

Current configuration works with the Big Ten and the Big 12 not getting in. It would be even better with a series of losses and a whole slew of 2 loss teams arguing about who is worthy.

I just keep waiting for the bitching and moaning that is going to come regardless of who is in or out. The harder it is to differentiate between the teams based on record, the better.

Current configuration works with the Big Ten and the Big 12 not getting in. It would be even better with a series of losses and a whole slew of 2 loss teams arguing about who is worthy.

Truth.

I have a guy who I argued with as to whether or not a playoff would eliminate complaining or not. My point is that teams that were left out of the playoff would only bitch more. Usually you had one team bitching that they were left out of the BCS title game. Now there will be 3, maybe more. But now he's in the unenviable position of trying to say that it's out perfectly. LOL

I thought this was interesting: I heard one argument against Mississippi State was that they have only one win over a team currently in the CFP top 25 (Auburn).

I looked at the rest of the teams in the mix (this week) for the four slots:

Alabama: 1 (Miss. St)
Oregon: 3 (Mich. St, UCLA, Utah)
FSU: 1 (Clemson)
OSU: 2 (Mich. St, Minnesota)
TCU: 3 (Minnesota, Oklahoma, K State)
Baylor: 2 (TCU, Oklahoma)

Back