What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pleasant Surprise? Could Casey Crawford be back next season?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
CQTQMZOQDQFVAUL.20091209204125.jpg

Most of the speculation has been that Casey Crawford would forego his senior season. He is an excellent student (2nd team All-Academic Big 12 this year) who has professed a desire to attend law school. He started at Wake Forest before transferring to CU. Due to NCAA transfer rules, Casey had to sit out a season. He is on track to graduate in 4 years this May. Most people who follow the program had figured that Casey would move on after this season in order to attend law school next fall.

However:

- He is not one of the Senior Day honorees today. Trent Beckley, another RS-Junior for eligibility who is expected to graduate this May, is being honored today. Hmmmm.

- The new article on cubuffs.com from BG Brooks ("Late Surge Could Pay Off for Buffs"), included the following passage: His past two performances marked personal improvement and were critical for his team. But Crawford, who graduates in May yet has a year of eligibility remaining, realizes he still has much improvement to make.

Ask him where that starts and he immediately answers, "Post defense . . . I'm usually stronger than the guys I'm playing against, but I need to be quicker on defense - move my feet, get in front and stay in front."

Are the signs pointing to Casey Crawford coming back next season? If he does, and Bzdelik is able to recruit a true Center, are you excited to have Casey in the lineup as a sharp-shooting PF (especially if he focuses this offseason on his defense)?

A few weeks ago, I would have been happy to move on and bring in someone new to replace Casey. But now I'm seeing the potential that had Bzdelik so excited when Casey transferred here. The Buffs are a lot more dangerous next season, imo, if Casey is back.

The team is showing real signs of improvement giving Casey a reason to want to stay. Casey is also stepping up and given someone to take the pressure off him physically could be a real asset next year to the team. He is clearly a smart guy and could lend some stability to the locker room as well as play an important role on the floor.

I also think that the young big guys may make some serious steps forward next year. Some intensive work in the weight room and the bigs we have will be much better. We still need very much to recruit at least one legitimate BigXII level center if we want to be able to compete night in and night our but I see a significant step forward in the program this year and another one next year.

Back