What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Poaching recruits

One can hope. Also hoping that doesn't inversely hurt us. I'm sure coaching coming into a short recruiting period are going to look at kids leaving the state first and trying to coax them to stay closer to home. Really want all the kids we're getting from Texas in the B&G next year.

if we lose a verbal commit to another school, it was scurrilous poaching and underhanded recruiting tactics that caused it. if a fine student athlete reflects on his choices and, after deliberation, concludes that CU is a better fit for him rather than the school he impulsively committed to earlier, then that is justice.

This thread got me thinking about an early signing period for football. I'm still in favor of it, but it would need to be set up so that an early signee could open his commitment if there is a coaching change and be able to sign a binding LOI in February.

if we lose a verbal commit to another school, it was scurrilous poaching and underhanded recruiting tactics that caused it. if a fine student athlete reflects on his choices and, after deliberation, concludes that CU is a better fit for him rather than the school he impulsively committed to earlier, then that is justice.
2nd'd and repped, couldn't have said it finer

Back