What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Points This Season

PAC MAN

Tekken Masher.
Club Member
Given the offense that we have, it's going to lead to quite a few points. Does anyone think that CU's modern day record of 66 points will still stand after this season? Texas State and UNC are those games where the record could be in danger.

Given the offense that we have, it's going to lead to quite a few points. Does anyone think that CU's modern day record of 66 points will still stand after this season? Texas State and UNC are those games where the record could be in danger.
Yes

Mac won't run up the score but, if the second team guys keep it going, I doubt he'll stop them. Maybe play calling but that's it.

I don't see MM running up the score. We could've put 70+ on ISU last year but didn't.

This

He has to much respect for other head coaches, especially those working with programs with less resources. He could have put 100 on ISU but made sure not to. His play calling was designed to run clock and not score late in the game.

Depends on the flow of the games. I don't think MM will intentionally run up the score - as others have said, probably quite the opposite. However, if our backs and/or receivers are breaking long plays for TD's, he's not going to tell them to fall down. I expect that if the games start to get out of control fairly early, MM will liberally substitute and dumb down the play calling in order to keep it somewhat reasonable.

#1%PROBLEMS

Depends on the flow of the games. I don't think MM will intentionally run up the score - as others have said, probably quite the opposite. However, if our backs and/or receivers are breaking long plays for TD's, he's not going to tell them to fall down. I expect that if the games start to get out of control fairly early, MM will liberally substitute and dumb down the play calling in order to keep it somewhat reasonable.

#1%PROBLEMS
Bingo, exactly what I was talking about. You can't tell even backups not to bring it 100. They need the experience of it anyway. Good post btw. Besides, you never know when you'll need a backup guy, one play is all it takes.

Last edited:
Was reading Street & Smith's preview and UNC only returns one DL starter and one LB from last season. And they play at Florida before coming up to Boulder. Brutal.

Back