What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Poll #2. Who Should Be the Next Coach at CU?

Who Should be the next football coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lake and Tucker. I just don't think Holgorsen actually leaves, his agent is floating it to get a raise.
One of Holgorsen's best friends is Bob Stitt, who he'd likely hire as OC if he took the CU job. Holgorsen has connection to Colorado (Estes Park residence). Things are not likely to get better at WVU and the fans still aren't happy with the current performance level of the team.

I don't know if he's on RG's list, but I think he'd have legitimate interest if the pay scale was there.

We'll see!

He's definitely the offense option I prefer, I just have my doubts. Seems for quite a long time there have been guys in those types of situations that float every offseason, but never seem to actually leave.

One of Holgorsen's best friends is Bob Stitt, who he'd likely hire as OC if he took the CU job. Holgorsen has connection to Colorado (Estes Park residence). Things are not likely to get better at WVU and the fans still aren't happy with the current performance level of the team.

I don't know if he's on RG's list, but I think he'd have legitimate interest if the pay scale was there.
Do not want Stitt. He doesn't even pretend to recruit.

I'm actually not that high on Babers. Yea Cuse hasn't been good in forever but he's only had this 1 good year but that's in a very mediocre ACC. It just seems like all the hype on him is based on this year which really isn't all that great.

I'm actually not that high on Babers. Yea Cuse hasn't been good in forever but he's only had this 1 good year but that's in a very mediocre ACC. It just seems like all the hype on him is based on this year which really isn't all that great.
Are you ****ting me? He beat Clemson last year even though he went 4-8 on the season (and the season before) and he almost did again this year with Clemson’s 3rd string QB. How can you say he’s not an awesome coach? The best coach. He has “totally rebuilt a crappy Syracuse team that is super hard to recruit.” Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about and you should never post on here again.

That’s the response I get every time I make the same argument.
Personally, I agree with you.

I think he's one of those guys who looks better to a fan base that doesn't watch the ACC much. Our memories from 2017 are the locker room speeches and celebration they showed on ESPN and the win over Clemson. We didn't really pay much attention to the 8 losses or whatever the record was. So what's in our minds is that pub coupled with a really good record and a near win at Clemson this year.

So, yeah, we probably have a bias based on limited exposure that's been very positive.

If the comment of "young disciplinarian" and "very soon" is true, I would bet on Jedd Fisch too.

If Jedd Fisch is the guy, I expect you would hear something very soon. Cannot imagine it would be difficult for him to get out of his analyst position with the Rams, and with them having a bye this week, an interview easily could have taken place already. Not sure he carries a reputation as a disciplinarian, though.

If Jedd Fisch is the guy, I expect you would hear something very soon. Cannot imagine it would be difficult for him to get out of his analyst position with the Rams, and with them having a bye this week, an interview easily could have taken place already. Not sure he carries a reputation as a disciplinarian, though.
Not an easy task for a tennis player who never played competitive football to convince a group of college athletes that he rules with an iron fist. He needs OC experience to give him a little more credibility before making that leap. Not that I'm against him as the guy, just don't see him being described that way, but what do I know?

Not an easy task for a tennis player who never played competitive football to convince a group of college athletes that he rules with an iron fist. He needs OC experience to give him a little more credibility before making that leap. Not that I'm against him as the guy, just don't see him being described that way, but what do I know?
Huh? He has a lot of OC experience.

Holgo AND Stitt? Throw in a Logan and it's a DEAL!

I’d go Day #1, Lupoi, Lake tied at #2.

Who I like best changes. Top 5 or so I’d be happy with. Day seems like a crazy good get; Lupoi would be maybe a little more unsure as to if he has head coaching chops, but would bring some crazy good talent here.

I like the top five power five coordinators; still wonder who would have the best contacts /coaching trees to pull from to build a staff.

The thing I get giddy thinking about with Lupoi is if he got great poly coaches for the OL and DL and built monster lines at CU. I’d die happy if our OL and DL would manhandle the opposition at will.

Back