What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Poll #3 How do feel about the hire of Mel Tucker

How excited are you

• Frickin so excited I can barely believe it!

Votes: 42 33.6%
  • Our Beloved leader RG Slams it out of the park

Votes: 67 53.6%
  • This is not a Hope hire or a guess, this is a game changer

Votes: 46 36.8%
  • I’m breaking out the good stuff

Votes: 45 36.0%
  • I can’t wait to see this guy clean it up.

Votes: 38 30.4%
  • I feel like we are not going to have anymore crying on the sidelines

Votes: 36 28.8%
  • Just an OK hire (I’m an Idiot)

Votes: 9 7.2%

• Total voters

Agent Dave Kujan

Club Member
Club Member
Mel Tucker wasn’t in the top four vote getters I’m any of the polls. I didn’t vote for him.

Having said that I think RG hit a towering home run.

Well done beloved leader!

I guess because he wasn’t in the original polls I didn’t pay much attention. Once his name was brought up, I was kind of sceptical based on the other options being mentioned, who happed to be coordinator in the best teams in their respective conferences (UW, OSU, Bama), so having a name from a team that seemed like it just couldn’t get over the hump and playing second fiddle in their conference seemed like a step down (and if I recall, most All Buffers though Georgia was a farce all season long). But reading his bio compare to the others seems eye watering.

Great hire, I wanted an offensive guy, but this was easily my fab defensive option. So glad we avoided Lake

Interesting you say that. Lake was my first choice. Why didn’t you like him? I’m curious
I already got shredded answering that q once. For me Lake doesn't pay enough attention to the little details. Every little detail matters and any coach who creates a training video that has guys doing the wrong thing and then talks about the one thing a guy does right, isn't paying attention to the little things. No coach will include a tape full of mistakes unless he intends to call them out.

I've also heard things from a certain former Washington husky. Let some other pac school make a lake mistake.

I already got shredded answering that q once. For me Lake doesn't pay enough attention to the little details. Every little detail matters and any coach who creates a training video that has guys doing the wrong thing and then talks about the one thing a guy does right, isn't paying attention to the little things. No coach will include a tape full of mistakes unless he intends to call them out.

I've also heard things from a certain former Washington husky. Let some other pac school make a lake mistake.

Huh, thanks for sharing.

I know coaching well enough to know that you are 100% correct about attention to detail.

I don’t know football well enough to tell the whether a coach is paying attention to detail during a specific drill. But you make a great point. I’m thinking we might have dodged a bullet.

R
Adam is doing Plati a favor by tweeting this quote out there, not because Adam necessarily believes it.

Plati isn't exactly known for being 100% honest and forthcoming when it comes to high pressure media situations. Powder Blue!
Right. All indications point to this being a handshake, wink-wink, agreement. All I'm asking is if, after a season in which we won 5 in a row, then lost 7 in a row, and there just happened to be a post about appreciating our good fortune with bowl eligibility, can we please not talk about this ****ing thing like it's a done deal until there is actual pen to paper. Is that too much to ask?

R

Right. All indications point to this being a handshake, wink-wink, agreement. All I'm asking is if, after a season in which we won 5 in a row, then lost 7 in a row, and there just happened to be a post about appreciating our good fortune with bowl eligibility, can we please not talk about this ****ing thing like it's a done deal until there is actual pen to paper. Is that too much to ask?
Yes because there’s nothing you or I can do about the outcome and it’s really weird if you actually believe in a jinx

Tucker may be a great hire. The lack of pressure/sacks from his defensive concerns me. In the pass heavy Pac12, you must get to the Quarterback and apply pressure. His defensive strategy in the SEC is to load up against the run and requires the CB's to play a lot of 1:1.
Tucker will also be totally reliant on the OC (that may not be a bad thing) having focused his entire career on the D side...

Tucker may be a great hire. The lack of pressure/sacks from his defensive concerns me. In the pass heavy Pac12, you must get to the Quarterback and apply pressure. His defensive strategy in the SEC is to load up against the run and requires the CB's to play a lot of 1:1.
Tucker will also be totally reliant on the OC (that may not be a bad thing) having focused his entire career on the D side...
Are you watching the SEC Championship right now?

Are you watching the SEC Championship right now?

Yes. Do you take just one game to assess everything?
His team ranks dead last in the SEC over the course of the season, in sacks and QBs pressure. And that is with a D filled with 4 and 5 star players.
Pointing out that pressure is needed even more, throughout the season, in the Pac12.

Back