What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Poll of the day 7/31

First game that students rush the field?

• Total voters
Mizzou - Halloween crazies after vindicating last year's embarassing shut-out.

I'm probably wrong because students frequently rush the field without it being called for, but I'll go with none. I don't believe a win over any of those teams is worthy of field rushing.

I'm probably wrong because students frequently rush the field without it being called for, but I'll go with none. I don't believe a win over any of those teams is worthy of field rushing.

None of those teams are worth field rushing.

I triple the notion that field rushing is unacceptable... the only exception being that NU is 11-0 coming in and ranked #1 and we crush them like we did in 2001!

I triple the notion that field rushing is unacceptable... the only exception being that NU is 11-0 coming in and ranked #1 and we crush them like we did in 2001!

That would be acceptable, but Nebraska isn't going to come to Boulder 11-0. Just not going to happen. They won't be in the top ten. They might come in ranked, maybe...Not worthy.

Went with Kansas.

We haven't beat them in a few years and they'll be ranked pretty high. Looks like they'll open up ranked around #23 based on the average of 21 preseason polls (Preseason Poll Average). And it wouldn't surprise me at all if KU came into Folsom undefeated at 5-0 and ranked very high. Southern Miss looks like the biggest challenge in the early schedule, and the game's in Lawrence: Northern Colorado, @UTEP, Duke, Southern Miss, Iowa State. Lately, when we play Kansas the games are usually close and that lends itself to students rushing the field. Throw in the hype of them being North favorites and possible national tv if CU is at least 4-1 and we'll see students dancing on Folsom Field after the win.

Hows this? The students rush the field after we win the BCS? Hmmmm - I must have drank some of that kool aid again?

I voted "none", although if we beat Mizzou, that's a game I could see a field storming. After the way they've kicked us around lately, it would be nice to get some payback.

I voted "none", although if we beat Mizzou, that's a game I could see a field storming. After the way they've kicked us around lately, it would be nice to get some payback.

i voted for the mizzou game, given that it is on halloween and the natives will be restless...

Went with Nebraska.

If that game ultimately decides the Big 12 North, then both CU and NU will come in with decent records. Earning a trip to Dallas for the Big 12 Championship Game by beating Nebraska at Folsom would warrant a rush for me.

I don't really see a game worthy of field rushing, I just get the sense the students are turning wins over rivals or a top 26 program into a reason to rush the field. Just the way our students are, weird!:huh:

Last edited:
I don't really see a game worthy of field rushing, I just get the sense the students are turning wins over rivals or a top 26 program into a reason to rush the field. Just the way our students are, weird!:huh:

:stupid:

The answer should be "none". Unfortunately, I think the right answer probably is "CSU". The students seem to get off on rushing the field, no matter how lame we cranky old farts think it is... :huh:

I really hope that's a day game.

I bet the administration hopes so too and will push for it. I don't see MU being a good enough team at that point (us...well who knows?) for it to be televised at night. Look for a 1:15pm start.

I guess they'll have to read the fine print under the "Others receiving votes" section to see which team is #26. :smile2:

You have quite an imagination my friend - NU ranked #1. You will need a time machine for the past for this to ever happen.

husker_trailer_boy.jpg

Back