What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Polls, rankings and bowl projections

Penn State? Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and LSU, at a minimum, are better than PSU. Auburn and possibly Washington too.

I personally like have the Buffs in the Others Receivng Votes category, kind of under the radar for a few reasons:
- it seems like it provides them more motivation
- keeps a target off their backs
- doesn't create unnecessary pressure
- as much as opposing coaches may try to preach the CU is a good, most opposing players still don't buy it. They still think CU is Oregon State.

Until CU is dominant and actually instills fear in other teams, I prefer it this way.

Last edited:
I think head to head, UDub beats Stanford. And I think they both beat Oregon.
At Colorado, I think CU beats Oregon.
At Oregon, I think i have no idea.

Agree w Joel here. It won’t happen because it’s not like the AP poll is controlled by “college football”, but it does a serious disservice to a lot of teams due to the irrelevant preseason rankings creating huge bias. It’s be great if there were no rankings until like week 8 or whenever the CFP rankings come out.

I've got to say, Klatt has gotten much better over the years. I didn't care for his reporting and commentary when he first came on the scene, now I find myself agreeing with him more and more.

Agree w Joel here. It won’t happen because it’s not like the AP poll is controlled by “college football”, but it does a serious disservice to a lot of teams due to the irrelevant preseason rankings creating huge bias. It’s be great if there were no rankings until like week 8 or whenever the CFP rankings come out.

I agree almost completely with him.

Also, is anyone else bothered by the damn N behind him?

this is just one of the symptoms of east coast voter bias. for as long as i have followed college football, teams like syracuse and boston college and pedo state and wvu located in or covered by the northeast corridor press get way more credit than they deserve. this used to bother me a lot more before the playoffs. these teams get rolled like the soft dough they are when it matters.
Pardon my ignorance, what the **** has BC done that's so awesome this year??

this is just one of the symptoms of east coast voter bias. for as long as i have followed college football, teams like syracuse and boston college and pedo state and wvu located in or covered by the northeast corridor press get way more credit than they deserve. this used to bother me a lot more before the playoffs. these teams get rolled like the soft dough they are when it matters.

There was enough carnage today to put us in the Top 25 IMO.

There was enough carnage today to put us in the Top 25 IMO.
I don’t think it’ll happen, which I’m fine with.
I don’t think OSU, TCU or maybe even VT fall out. Kentucky and Texas will jump in since I think only BC and aTm fall out.

I don’t think OSU, TCU or maybe even VT fall out. Kentucky and Texas will jump in since I think only BC and aTm fall out.
I'll have a major problem with if if VT is ranked and we're not. They lost to an 0-3 Old Dominion. We crushed our ODU (CSU).

Here's the list of the 21 FBS teams that are still undefeated. 16 of them are P5. Given that, may be hard not to put CU in your Top 25 if you have a vote.

I'm fine with it, too.....but I have more falling out than BC and A&M......I think Oregon, TCU, VT, and Oklahoma State all should on top of those two.

Back