What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Polls, rankings and bowl projections

ZRzsGx6.jpg

You need a Hug?
Cal at #24? WTF?

Because the writers don’t care about what happened 3 weeks ago. They care about current record and most recent game. That and page views/clicks.

Next week's games:
#18 Texas @ KSU
#19 Oregon @ #24 CAL
#20 BYU vs #11 Washington
#21 Michigan St vs Central Michigan
#22 Duke vs VT
#23 MIssissippi St vs Florida
#24 CAL vs #19 Oregon
#25 TT vs #12 WVU

There should be a few losses in there.

Next week's games:
#18 Texas @ KSU
#19 Oregon @ #24 CAL
#20 BYU vs #11 Washington
#21 Michigan St vs Central Michigan
#22 Duke vs VT
#23 MIssissippi St vs Florida
#24 CAL vs #19 Oregon
#25 TT vs #12 WVU

There should be a few losses in there.

Um?

Oregon outplayed Stanford the whole game and if they take a knee, they win in regulation. That was impressive in losing.
Yes. I give them credit for their stupidity vs an intellectually superrior opponent. Dumber than dirt, they were.

Sure, but teams aren’t supposed to be rewarded for effort or being close. Maybe Oregon is still a top 25 team, but actually moving up in a loss? No.
So you don't think that consideration should be given to who you play? Hypothetical, the #25 team plays Alabama, beats them in every way except loses in OT. They can't move up to #24? Come on man.

Sure, but teams aren’t supposed to be rewarded for effort or being close. Maybe Oregon is still a top 25 team, but actually moving up in a loss? No.
If aTm had kept it within 2 scores at Alabama, I would have been ok with them in the Top 25 despite being 2-2. Yes, winning matters. But it also matters if you can go toe-to-toe with Clemson and Alabama. There aren't 23 other teams in the country I'm confident can do that. I believe in playing a tough schedule and we can't be penalizing a close loss to Clemson while rewarding a win over New Hampshire when comparing 2 teams. Frankly, I think if aTm goes 8-4 with a schedule that includes Alabama, Auburn, Clemson and LSU (plus Miss State and Kentucky) -- that's better to me than just about anyone else's 10-2 as long as the losses are competitive.

Back