What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Poorly coaching, POORLY!

Again, I am not trying to rile people up, I am just venting, and feel attacked.

i don't care. you and everyone else needs to dial down the personal attacks. i don't care "who started it."

just take it down a notch. please. i am asking nicely and then i am going to stop asking.

C'mon guys this team is getting ready to pop. Coach Dan just needs a little more time to clean up some of the little things.

I can't even see the game and I feel like we sucked out there today!

damn.. since when did it not fall on the hc? everybody that watch's even just a lil bit of football should know where the blame fall's....fire hawk on the flight back to boulder !!!

I would like to see you try. You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to coaching and should probably STFU. I am so sick of seeing the drivel that you type. If you want some change, come up with $7mill.

$7mil?!!?

Did Bohn give Hawk a new contract in the last 3 hours or something!?!

$7mil?!!?

Did Bohn give Hawk a new contract in the last 3 hours or something!?!

he is probably talking about the combined cost of finishing paying off gary barnett, the 3.5 mil that would have to go to hawk and then the money that would have to be paid to the new coach.

just a guess though.

he is probably talking about the combined cost of finishing paying off gary barnett, the 3.5 mil that would have to go to hawk and then the money that would have to be paid to the new coach.

just a guess though.

Gary Barnett is paid off. The cost is fixed whether Hawk stays or not.

We are paying a head coach whether or not Hawk is retained.

Those elements are irrelevant in the cost of this decision, which is Hawk's $3 million buyout. Of course they affect whether CU can afford that buyout, but it's inaccurate to pretend that donors need to fund all those costs in order to make a change...

just a guess though.

Given that we fired Gary Barnett four (4) years ago, I am pretty sure that money was paid out long ago.

Sure, a new coach has to be paid, but you don't pay the entire contract up front. Just like they probably wouldn't pay Hawkins entire contract off in one lump sum.

Gary Barnett is paid off. The cost is fixed whether Hawk stays or not.

We are paying a head coach whether or not Hawk is retained.

Those elements are irrelevant in the cost of this decision, which is Hawk's $3 million buyout. Of course they affect whether CU can afford that buyout, but it's inaccurate to pretend that donors need to fund all those costs in order to make a change...

Given that we fired Gary Barnett four (4) years ago, I am pretty sure that money was paid out long ago.

Sure, a new coach has to be paid, but you don't pay the entire contract up front. Just like they probably wouldn't pay Hawkins entire contract off in one lump sum.

yup. you guys are right. i got ahead of myself on the GB stuff.

im still a bit confused though on the Hawk buy out and the new coach stuff. i could see that stuff being 7 mil. easy.

eh, either way... i dont have it.

Back