What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Positives

slider

Hasta la Viska
Club Member
A lot of this got lost in the fray due to the referees decision.

Josh Jelly Scott!!! He goes three straight in the post, his left hand is downright deadly. Then next time we feed it to him he goes to his right and banks it in. We need to get him the ball more in the post.

XJ and Chen did really well in the new roles. I think we'll see that be permanent. Plus XJ played really well, especially early. That foul with 9 seconds left tho... grrr. And Chensanity!! He would have been 3-4 for from 3.

Most importantly, we came to play on the road. Regardless of the outcome, that game was ours. That was an undefeated #3 team with wins over Florida and SDSU among others. We were the better team. Plus our starting lineup was SO, SO, FR, JR, FR. Also, Roberson and Dinwiddie especially were in foul trouble all game. We will only get better

Yeah, easy to overlook. Thought the play of Scott and XJ were most encouraging. Really be nice to see XJ get more consistent from 3.

A lot of this got lost in the fray due to the referees decision.

Josh Jelly Scott!!! He goes three straight in the post, his left hand is downright deadly. Then next time we feed it to him he goes to his right and banks it in. We need to get him the ball more in the post.

XJ and Chen did really well in the new roles. I think we'll see that be permanent. Plus XJ played really well, especially early. That foul with 9 seconds left tho... grrr. And Chensanity!! He would have been 3-4 for from 3.

Most importantly, we came to play on the road. Regardless of the outcome, that game was ours. That was an undefeated #3 team with wins over Florida and SDSU among others. We were the better team. Plus our starting lineup was SO, SO, FR, JR, FR. Also, Roberson and Dinwiddie especially were in foul trouble all game. We will only get better
Agreed. The future's so bright...we gotta wear shades :nod:

Need to get stronger in the paint. The seven footers for UA and KU gave us headaches.

I'm pretty positive that the Buffs were able to beat a Top 3 team on the road.

negatives: now we literally have no bench, except when chensanity is being ridiculous. Adams had a moment to shine, then went ahead and missed two amazingly key free throws.

negatives: now we literally have no bench, except when chensanity is being ridiculous. Adams had a moment to shine, then went ahead and missed two amazingly key free throws.

I need to pick up my game as the Jeremy Adams whisperer...

I was going to start this thread but Slider beat me to it.

Scott is becoming nearly unguardable when he gets it on the block. He isn't there yet, but he getting there. Being able to score with both hands is awesome. The key is to get it to him ON THE BLOCK. He is much less affective when he catches it 8-12 feet from the basket.

XJ and Chen were excellent in the role change. Sabatino isn't a traditional scorer, but he proved he can provide the occasional offensive spark off the bench. You can't just turn the offense over to him, but you can't do that with XJ either, we don't have that guy.

I thought aside from the two free throws, Adams played very well and is getting closer to giving us better depth in the back court.

Lastly, this team proved they're ready. They weren't ready in Lawrence last month. They have now shown they are able to compete with the best teams in the country.

does it bug anyone else when Scott is outside of the 3 point circle and they give him the ball at the point? It makes no sense to me. Feed him the ball down low and let him score a ton of points.

The positive for me is that I don't think there is a single game that we shouldn't win for the rest of the season. Not at home or on the road. We have the best team in the PAC 12.

The positive for me is that I don't think there is a single game that we shouldn't win for the rest of the season. Not at home or on the road. We have the best team in the PAC 12.

UCLA looks pretty good.

Prepare to be disappointed

Prepare to be disappointed
Name me a better team in the conference. Stuff happens, and I don't necessarily think we will win every game. However, there isn't a game on the schedule that we'll not have a good chance of winning, IMO.

Name me a better team in the conference. Stuff happens, and I don't necessarily think we will win every game. However, there isn't a game on the schedule that we'll not have a good chance of winning, IMO.
UCLA. Oregon.

Lots of talent in this conference. Tad's coaching is making up for a lot. We are still very young and very thin.

Again, Tad has done a wonderful job, #Roll****ingTad, getting this team ready for the conference and this is one that will light the fire for the rest of the season. Scott and XJ are growing up quickly and will be forces for this team the rest of the year. So excited to see this program continue to take steps forward and this game will be a great recruiting tool for Tad with the guys who are on the fence for the 2014 class.

UCLA. Oregon.

Lots of talent in this conference. Tad's coaching is making up for a lot. We are still very young and very thin.

Why you got to hit me with those negative waves? UCLA and Oregon are better than Arizona? Do you really think so?
I don't, but you are free to your opinion. Besides, this is a thread about the positives.

Look at our road record..

UCLA. Oregon.

Not sure if Oregon is better, but definitely a team that will be contending.

Buffs were hitting shots last night from all over(Except the FT line). That won't happen all the time on the road. What they weren't doing was hitting the boards, boxing out, etc. Needs to change if they're gonna pick up some wins on the road.

Look at our road record..

We lost three games on the road to teams that have a combined record of 34-1 (or similar). Two of those teams are in the top 5. The other will probably be ranked next week. That's pretty good if you ask me.

Last night proved that our starting 5 matches up with anyone in the conference. Probably in favor of CU.

We also saw what Chen is capable of as our 6th man (that was his A game). Not sure we'll see that again from him, but there will be nights he can give us double figures in scoring.

This team has a good chance of making the tourney this year.

Keys going forward:

- Continued development of our young starters (4 starters are frosh or soph)
- Someone stepping up (Stalzer and/or Talton) to give us another ball handler
- Free throw shooting has got to improve
- Continue the incredible turnaround we've seen the last few games on A/T ratio

Why you got to hit me with those negative waves? UCLA and Oregon are better than Arizona? Do you really think so?
I don't, but you are free to your opinion. Besides, this is a thread about the positives.
you asked!

anyone else impressed with Arizona the last 5 or so minutes of the game. If they didn't play lazy and uninspired for 35 minutes people might be talking about them for a NC. They have a pretty complete team (size, speed) and can play some amazing defense, hit free throws and grab boards.

If Tad was coaching that team and getting the effort out of them that he does out of our guys it would be scary.

Last night proved that our starting 5 matches up with anyone in the conference. Probably in favor of CU.

We also saw what Chen is capable of as our 6th man (that was his A game). Not sure we'll see that again from him, but there will be nights he can give us double figures in scoring.

This team has a good chance of making the tourney this year.

Keys going forward:

- Continued development of our young starters (4 starters are frosh or soph)
- Someone stepping up (Stalzer and/or Talton) to give us another ball handler
- Free throw shooting has got to improve
- Continue the incredible turnaround we've seen the last few games on A/T ratio

I'll add that we need to work on not getting rattled when we face strong on-ball pressure. It killed us at KU and killed us again down the stretch vs. Zona.

anyone else impressed with Arizona the last 5 or so minutes of the game. If they didn't play lazy and uninspired for 35 minutes people might be talking about them for a NC. They have a pretty complete team (size, speed) and can play some amazing defense, hit free throws and grab boards.

If Tad was coaching that team and getting the effort out of them that he does out of our guys it would be scary.

AZ had it easy in the last five minutes because just about every Buff starter had four fouls, courtesy of those striped-shirt dipsh*ts who stole the game from CU. When your team strength is "D", nothing deflates that like four fouls per player. Even Tad admitted the "D" was off the last 4 mins. or so and it was easy to see why.

Also easy to see why Miller is, or should be, over-rated as a coach; great recruiter, mediocre as a game day guy! As you noted Tad would have that bunch in the NC game. Can't wait until next year when Tad has those five newbies to back up his starters.

AZ had it easy in the last five minutes because just about every Buff starter had four fouls, courtesy of those striped-shirt dipsh*ts who stole the game from CU. When your team strength is "D", nothing deflates that like four fouls per player. Even Tad admitted the "D" was off the last 4 mins. or so and it was easy to see why.

Also easy to see why Miller is, or should be, over-rated as a coach; great recruiter, mediocre as a game day guy! As you noted Tad would have that bunch in the NC game. Can't wait until next year when Tad has those five newbies to back up his starters.

That is a great point about their offense, but I was pretty impressed with their defense, they trapped very well and if they actually wanted to, they could play really good defense.

Exactly, it is going to be tough to win playing 6 guys those kinds of minutes.

Back