What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Possible 2-deep roster

ScottyBuff

Completely guess-work 2-deep roster

QB - Hawkins-Ballenger
RB - Sumler-Scott (Lockridge in situational role)
FL - McKnight-Simas
SE - Williams-Smith

Package specific positions:
SL - McKnight-Celestine
FB - Behrens-Maiava
TE - Geer???-Shanahan (Devenny/a W.O./ or Frosh if Geer is suspended)

LT - Miller-Solder
LG - Faatagi-Iltis (I think Tuioti-Mariner RS in 2008)
C - Sanders-Daniels
RG - Head-Behrens (I like Tau moving here if Miller is at RT)
RT - Tau-Adkins (Givens RS in 2008, Miller moves to RT if Solder starts at LT)

PK - Goodman
KO - Davis
P - Dillalo
SN - Drescher
KR - ?
PR - ?

LE - Lucas-Herrod
NT - Nicolas-Goree (Lawson/Kaynor some PT as well)
DT - Hypolite-Brace (Shields some PT as well)
RE - Obi-Hudgins

SLB - Jones-Beatty (Major/Vaiomounga in the mix)
MLB - Sipili-Burton (Duren/Ahles for some depth)
WLB - Smart-Mohler (Burton/Stengel if Mohler gets RS or NE)

LCB - McKay-JBrown (L. Smith in the mix)
RCB - Smith-CBrown (A. Wright in the mix)
NCB - CBrown-JHawkins
FS - Walters-Vigo (B. Smith upon recovery)
SS - Dykes-Perkins

As Springs progresses we can keep this updated...

Vigo as the backup to Walters? Please don't tell me that is actually a possibility? Yikes.

If Maiva is a backup FB, I think I'll lose my mind. The kid was a frosh AA on the OL.

I have checked out Rodney Stewart and think he will be great, but we also have half a dozen guys on our roster right now that are capable of handling the job and they are in practice right now.

I would be absolutely shocked if they threw Stewart in to start even at returning this fall. I think Lockridge is definitely in the mix, but so would some of the WR and CB's.

Maiava in the "backup" FB role would be similar to Scott in the "backup" RB role.... meaning it's just a matter of time.

If Solder isn't the #2 LT, then how would be? Adkins? Tau? Bahr?

I can't see Tau being put at LT.

As I said, please post notes that you gather from media and visits to spring ball, we can update it as things develop.

I think Vaiomounga may get some more looks at SS. We're pretty thin at DB, but we have good numbers and quality at LB.

Anyone notice anything in the first week of spring ball?

I think Vaiomounga may get some more looks at SS. We're pretty thin at DB, but we have good numbers and quality at LB.

Anyone notice anything in the first week of spring ball?

I was at practice today and I thought the DB's were doing really well. I do think we are somewhat thin, but if I remember correctly dont we have a few in this years recruiting class? I think that of all the kids who redshirted last year, Simas is going to be the one who stands out this year, man that kid is the total package, speed, size (height), and he catches anything within reach of his fingertips. I would put him as a higher listed WR than Williams, during todays practice he fumbled at least 3 times, dropped at least 4 balls that hit both hands.

They had Celestine, Smith, Lockridge, Chappelle Brown taking punts/kicks. I am not sure how I feel about this. I think Rodney Stewert will be the kid doing the fielding jobs this year, which is the reason Hagan recruited this kid.

The O-lineman looked to have Miller at LT and Solder at RT which seemed to be working during the drills.

I was at practice today and I thought the DB's were doing really well. I do think we are somewhat thin, but if I remember correctly dont we have a few in this years recruiting class? I think that of all the kids who redshirted last year, Simas is going to be the one who stands out this year, man that kid is the total package, speed, size (height), and he catches anything within reach of his fingertips. I would put him as a higher listed WR than Williams, during todays practice he fumbled at least 3 times, dropped at least 4 balls that hit both hands.

They had Celestine, Smith, Lockridge, Chappelle Brown taking punts/kicks. I am not sure how I feel about this. I think Rodney Stewert will be the kid doing the fielding jobs this year, which is the reason Hagan recruited this kid.

The O-lineman looked to have Miller at LT and Solder at RT which seemed to be working during the drills.

QB update?

I actually would feel better if someone won the job during Spring ball. But we'll see.

If Solder isn't the #2 LT, then how would be? Adkins? Tau? Bahr?

Solder needs to bulk up. I know he's 270, but he's really stringy. At least imo. He is also having alot of struggles during the switch so far during spring ball. Which is normal. He should be ready next year.

But Givens should be ready next year also. :smile2:

Solder needs to bulk up. I know he's 270, but he's really stringy. At least imo. He is also having alot of struggles during the switch so far during spring ball. Which is normal. He should be ready next year.

But Givens should be ready next year also. :smile2:

Am I the only one that thinks this is a good thing.

Choices, options. Given our concerns this year, it must have been really scary last year as a coach. I know it was as a fan.

How did they do it with on so few OL (and prospects) last year?

What a difference a year makes.

A recap of recent notes:

Vaiomounga may get some more looks at SS

I would put him (Simas) as a higher listed WR than Williams, during todays practice he fumbled at least 3 times, dropped at least 4 balls that hit both hands.

Celestine, Smith, Lockridge, Chappelle Brown taking punts/kicks

O-lineman looked to have Miller at LT and Solder at RT.

Any notes about the LB's? Who is playing at Will/Mike/Sam?

DE's? Anyone getting regular time with the first team DT's?

Also, what about the Guards? I know Faatagi is limited participation, but anyone else (I think Ringo mentioned Devin Head looking solid).

QB update?

As far as I saw, its Cody's to lose. They seem to have 2 different offenses depending on who is under center. Ballenger seems to run an offense similar to the one we had with B Jax, the fake handoff, QB run...which I am not a big fan of, but I guess it adds versatility to the Offense. When Cody is in, it seems to be a very balanced attack with the run/pass. Sumler had a few big runs during offense/defense drills and I think that once Scott and Polk get here, we will start to emerge more as a run first offense and the QB situation will not be a huge factor. But as far as I could tell, Cody will get the nod against the Lambies.

Also, there is some walk on Kyle Black, boy this kid could move, I dont know if he will see the field much this year, but I think he has some potential.

A recap of recent notes:

Vaiomounga may get some more looks at SS

I would put him (Simas) as a higher listed WR than Williams, during todays practice he fumbled at least 3 times, dropped at least 4 balls that hit both hands.

Celestine, Smith, Lockridge, Chappelle Brown taking punts/kicks

O-lineman looked to have Miller at LT and Solder at RT.

Any notes about the LB's? Who is playing at Will/Mike/Sam?

DE's? Anyone getting regular time with the first team DT's?

Also, what about the Guards? I know Faatagi is limited participation, but anyone else (I think Ringo mentioned Devin Head looking solid).

I think our Dline will be a force this year, Conrad Obi was a monster! He was doing really well in 1 on 1 drills against some of the Oline. I couldnt see the LB's they were on the opposite side of the field and it was somewhat hard to tell who was who. I did notice that there will a #44 on the field this year....I dont know how I feel about that, its takes some pretty big balls to take Dizons number the year after he leaves.

I think our Dline will be a force this year, Conrad Obi was a monster! He was doing really well in 1 on 1 drills against some of the Oline. I couldnt see the LB's they were on the opposite side of the field and it was somewhat hard to tell who was who. I did notice that there will a #44 on the field this year....I dont know how I feel about that, its takes some pretty big balls to take Dizons number the year after he leaves.

Hey. is the spring game gunna be on the internet for us out of staters?

Thanx a bunch :thumbsup:

Back