What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Possible blasphemy

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
The tailgating in Denver has gotten noticeably better in recent years. It used to be that he DPD and Argua would scour the parking lots and hassle everybody they could find for the most trivial infractions. The DPD would patrol in full riot gear on horseback. Yesterday I saw two DPD officers just wandering the crowd. Smiling, talking to folks, enjoying the scene. Very, very nice to see. A few years ago, we got kicked out of the parking lots within a half hour of the end of the game. Not in recent years, though. We could have stayed around for another hour had we wanted to. Lots of people did.
Where I'm going with his is that I might just miss the game in Denver a little bit once it's gone. Yeah, you have to get there ridiculously early. But once settled in, the atmosphere is kind of fun.
It helps when you but a historic beating on the goats, too.

Last edited:
Great tailgating last night, but me and my friends were commenting on the amount of garbage EVERYWHERE last night. I don't remember it ever being that bad. Lot D looked like a war zone. Anyone else notice this?

I also noticed everyone really having a good time. Was a good scene.

The lots were a disaster after the game, but it's always that way. Broken glass everywhere, empty cans, garbage...
We laugh at the CU "green" squad who passes out recycling bags and such for the games in Boulder, but it obviously works. The lots in Boulder are pretty well cleaned up after the games.

Yeah, I know. i do love having a spot in Boulder where they come by with the yellow bags. It's not my first game by any means in Boulder or Denver, but we thought last night was the worst we have seen.

Again, on the other hand we thought last night was the least amount of drunk beer muscles getting flexed and tons of good natured trash talking. Loved it all.

The tailgating in Senver has gotten noticeably better in recent years. It used to be that he DPD and Argua would scour the parking lots and hassle everybody they could find for the most trivial infractions. The DPD would patrol in full riot gear on horseback. Yesterday I saw two DPD officers just wandering the crowd. Smiling, talking to folks, enjoying the scene. Very, very nice to see. A few years ago, we got kicked out of the parking lots within a half hour of the end of the game. Not in recent years, though. We could have stayed around for another hour had we wanted to. Lots of people did.
Where I'm going with his is that I might just miss the game in Denver a little bit once it's gone. Yeah, you have to get there ridiculously early. But once settled in, the atmosphere is kind of fun.
It helps when you but a historic beating on the goats, too.
Tailgater Lives Matter protests obviously had impact

The lots were a disaster after the game, but it's always that way. Broken glass everywhere, empty cans, garbage...
We laugh at the CU "green" squad who passes out recycling bags and such for the games in Boulder, but it obviously works. The lots in Boulder are pretty well cleaned up after the games.
I think the location matters too, in Boulder everything is so nice you feel bad if you throw trash everywhere and a lot of people are alums so they want it to remain nice. Federal is a completely different story.

Buffs had a great tailgating scene yesterday though, I was in the CSU side for a little to start, saying hi to some people and it was garbage in comparison.

Back