What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Possibly stated elsewhere

wsp4820

Evan Battey Fan Account
Club Member
Junta Member
But, is there anything more bush league than a Division 1 football coach (with a smug grin on his face) turning his back as his FG kicker attempts a FG? Like he can't bear to watch the kicker he continues to send out there. **** you, Dan. If you don't have a single kicker on your roster that you can trust to make a 30 yard field goal, whose fault is that? Seriously, **** you.

I'm sure the tape of Hawk turning his back on Goodman will be used by coaches when they are recruiting a player.

Just show it to a recruit and say " This is how you will be treated by the coaches if you choose to play football for Colorado"

The fact that Bohn has refused to comment on anything speaks volumes

I thought it was pretty classless as well. But then, Hawkins has been a tool for a while now.

The stupidity of Hawkins will never cease to amaze me...but this one definitely solidifies him as a complete LOSER in my book. The day that the worst coach in the history of CU football leaves Dal Ward cannot come soon enough.

I do not disagree with any of you. However, I kind of took it as him trying to change his luck, if you will. You know, a "trying to reverse a jinx" kind of thing. It defineitely looked bad.

I do not disagree with any of you. However, I kind of took it as him trying to change his luck, if you will. You know, a "trying to reverse a jinx" kind of thing. It defineitely looked bad.

Maybe the entire home crowd should do the same to Dan Hawkins at the next home game, since he thinks it is OK? Maybe we can "reverse the jinx" of his coaching too?

j/k (but not really)

In any case that was complete BS from Dan to do and then chuckle about after. But, that is just a symptom of his attitude right now.

Miles Davis would play with his back to the audience.. Miles was a f****ing genius.

If Hawk wants to change his luck, maybe he should coach from the box upstairs like Jo Pa did when he had the bad wheel.

total bull ****- an e-mail is going out about this

Don't waste your time. BOHN doesn't care. I'm starting to think bohn should go too. Hawk has been a sumg asshole since day 1 **** him. Bohn would do some good to say something, but he hides like a pussy.

Miles Davis would play with his back to the audience.. Miles was a f****ing genius.

If Hawk wants to change his luck, maybe he should coach from the box upstairs like Jo Pa did when he had the bad wheel.

I vote for outside the stadium.

Don't waste your time. BOHN doesn't care. I'm starting to think bohn should go too. Hawk has been a sumg asshole since day 1 **** him. Bohn would do some good to say something, but he hides like a pussy.

The person Bohn needs to talk to about that is Dan Hawkins, not Neil Woelk or Kyle Ringo.

D2D is a classless jerk... He has surpassed fairbanks in the depths of coaching suckitude. How might D2D feel if the other coaches turned their backs when cody pretends to be a D1 qb?

Bohn is nothing more than a puppet of the CU administration. A good "house-cleaning, top to bottom, is in order.

I didn't see this because I was turning my back on the game and watching Oregon vs USC. Sorry Hawk, your % is much worse than Goodman's.

Complete no class smug asshat that knows he has lost his job. You would at least think he could treat the kids with some class. **** that buttscud. He cannot leave fast enough.

This should at least eliminate all the crap that was going around about how unfair it would be to get rid of D2D now that Cody is starting, unfair to the seniors, and all the other lame excuses that have been used to justify keeping Assclown until the end of the season.

I was leaving the OK stadium last night when Bohn strode past my exiting group, heading into the locker room. He is usually smiling, stopping to talk to fans and donors, thanking people for coming, etc., but this time he was NOT smiling, was not scanning the crown for familiar faces or making small talk with fans who had traveled for the game. He was a man on a mission and he went straight into the locker room. Very serious expression.

Don't be so fast to assume you know what he cares about. He may simply do some of his housekeeping behind closed doors - so as not to embarrass the university further, and I suspect this is one of those times.

Anyone have video?

So far, I found one Oklahoma fan's highlight video of the game.
Hawkins' "back turning" is not on there.

I don't want to post the youtube link, but if you want to watch, search for "holakyle oklahoma colorado 2010" on youtube.
holakyle is the okla fan who seems to put together highlights after each of their games.

Maybe you are misinformed, but if this were 100% Bohn's decision, Hawk would have been terminated last year.

Maybe you are misinformed, but if this were 100% Bohn's decision, Hawk would have been terminated last year.

Maybe i'm not misinformed. I'm not talking about last year, we know he was handcuffed by distefano and benny, i'm talking about now and why he doesn't say anything. I'm driving myself crazy over something I know won't happen( bohn announcing hawk won't return in 2011)

Maybe i'm not misinformed. I'm not talking about last year, we know he was handcuffed by distefano and benny, i'm talking about now and why he doesn't say anything. I'm driving myself crazy over something I know won't happen( bohn announcing hawk won't return in 2011)

I think you are right..... they are still debating his fate... and don't know what they are doing about this.... I don't think Bohn can make up his mind... :rolling_eyes:

seriously.....

good article by Woelk I think explains the situation....read below...

Article on "Situation"

I think you are right..... they are still debating his fate... and don't know what they are doing about this.... I don't think Bohn can make up his mind... :rolling_eyes:

seriously.....

Article on "Situation"

It's a good article if you buy all the statements Woelk throws out as fact. But just saying something over and over again does not make it true. He continues to talk about the impact on recruiting. WTF? This staff is getting 1-2 visits a home game and everyone knows most/all of them are gone in a few weeks. But yeah, recruiting is going to get REALLY bad if we let Hawkins go now.

seriously.....

Article on "Situation"

:lol: Yeah, how could I not trust bohn and CU to be doing things right :rolling_eyes:

Neil woelk :rofl:

At least he said the list will be long and the search should include more than the easiest available. Please tell me that's some insider information he has and not him just throwing that out there.

Is the hiring process for college, the similar to the pro's?

Does and AD have to ask for and get permission to to talk to an assistant or is everyone fair game once the season ends.

I would think some head coaches would not want the distraction of an assistant interviewing while the team prepares for a bowl or a shot at the NC

I saw it and thought it was pretty much one of the more stupid things Ive ever seen a coach do. He thought it was funny though and I just told myself, why be surprised by this?

Is the hiring process for college, the similar to the pro's?

Does and AD have to ask for and get permission to to talk to an assistant or is everyone fair game once the season ends.

I would think some head coaches would not want the distraction of an assistant interviewing while the team prepares for a bowl or a shot at the NC

If they are under contract with someone else, then going behind their back could be considered "interference with contract." Generally speaking there is lots of back room negotiation - then when the hiring school thinks they've got their guy, they go "official".

Back