What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Possibly stated elsewhere

I saw it and thought it was pretty much one of the more stupid things Ive ever seen a coach do. He thought it was funny though and I just told myself, why be surprised by this?

The only way that behavior is acceptable is if there was some kind of inside joke between D2D and Aric Goodman.

The only way that behavior is acceptable is if there was some kind of inside joke between D2D and Aric Goodman.

No. Even then it is unacceptable to see a Head Coach act like that on national tv. He is representing the University and the program. To make fun of the ability of a player is classless and reflects poorly on Colorado football. Not to mention, any recruit watching is going to wonder if he might be treated the same way. It's just wrong.
"Inside jokes" do not have a place on National Television.

Dan, I have a new book for you to read....
51BPBW9VMSL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU15_.jpg

Anyone have video?

This. I was unable to see the game and am wondering what everyone is talking about. It doesn't sound that bad, but it must be from the reactions I'm hearing. Unless it's just another case of everyone jumping on hawk for everything he does.

I don't see it replayed any time soon on ESPN or ESPN2, etc. I looked. If anyone has a lead on the replay, please share.

This. I was unable to see the game and am wondering what everyone is talking about. It doesn't sound that bad, but it must be from the reactions I'm hearing. Unless it's just another case of everyone jumping on hawk for everything he does.

This is pretty much what it is - piling on.

Hawkins turned around when Goodman went out to kick. It was one of those "I can't watch" moments. He turned around and after the kick he turned back around. He was laughing. The coaches around him were laughing. The TV guys were laughing.

It didn't bother me. Frankly, given Goodman's frustrating kicking this year, I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often (the turning around when he goes out to kick).

I saw it when it happened. I was watching it with a guy who's an OU fan. Even he was appalled. It's unprofessional as hell. The guy shows absolutely zero common sense. So on top of being a sh*tty coach, he's also a dumbass.

Does anyone else see the irony here? Anyone? Goodman lovers? Goodman haters? Anyone?

I dont buy it one of those, " I cant watch moments." Coach up your squad, then you should have no trouble watching.

Does anyone else see the irony here? Anyone? Goodman lovers? Goodman haters? Anyone?

You mean the irony that a guy who has whined about how his son didn't get the proper support from fans is now deliberately showing up another player?? Yeah, I see it...

When Florida's place kicker got injured and Meyer had to us his punter to kick a field goal , Danielson and Lundquist both joked that Urban could not bear to watch.

Meyer did have his head down but he was facing the field of play.

We get killed and he is laughing and joking on the sideline? I guess that's why the players do it too. It is part of the culture.

Typical DII. Blame the players and not the coaching for all his failures. I am appalled at the unprofessional behavior of DII. He made us the laughing stock of college football and he thinks it's funny.

I don't know what may or may not have been going on, but it sure looked bad on TV to turn your back on Goodman. And yes, it is obvious the O is measurably worse with CH back there. DC's have known how to game plan for him since mid-08, unfortunately, CU's staff didn't figure out that was the case until September of 2010, and what's worse, they have no other option when the finally gave TH the reins, sort of. OU embarrased the Buffs...badly. MB has finally done what no one else could do...make me pretty much apathetic to CU FB.

Listen folks you all need to just put this in perspective. I was at the game sitting in the CU section with many player parents. Hell when Eric stepped up to kick, half of them put their heads down so as not to look and I think the other half had their fingers crossed behind their backs or were peeking through split fingers!!

The kid wears freaking #13 gods sake, it was eve of Halloween, a 40 yard attempt from a 50% kicker was as spooky as it gets and no one wanted to look!!
DH was not acting any different than half of us in the CU section. This is just kicking a dead horse. Save it for the next coach that ain't Mac.

Listen folks you all need to just put this in perspective. I was at the game sitting in the CU section with many player parents. Hell when Eric stepped up to kick, half of them put their heads down so as not to look and I think the other half had their fingers crossed behind their backs or were peeking through split fingers!!

The kid wears freaking #13 gods sake, it was eve of Halloween, a 40 yard attempt from a 50% kicker was as spooky as it gets and no one wanted to look!!
DH was not acting any different than half of us in the CU section. This is just kicking a dead horse. Save it for the next coach that ain't Mac.

That is really not the point.

So whats your point?

He is the head football coach he shouldn't be acting like us fans. Does he turn his back when it is third and long and Cody is attempting a pass? Should he be laughing and joking with the other coaches on the sideline during a game that we are getting creamed in?

He is the head football coach he shouldn't be acting like us fans. Does he turn his back when it is third and long and Cody is attempting a pass? Should he be laughing and joking with the other coaches on the sideline during a game that we are getting creamed in?

I hadn't really thought of that. What sort of message would that send Cody if Hawkins just turned around while the offense was on the field and it was 4th and goal from the 10 yards line because he "couldn't bear to watch" what happened?

Gary Kubiak did this all of last year when Kris Brown was kicking for the Texans. It was viewed as "quirky" by the local media. Hawk is by no means the first coach to do it. But I agree that it's not a great move by any coach.

I hadn't really thought of that. What sort of message would that send Cody if Hawkins just turned around while the offense was on the field and it was 4th and goal from the 10 yards line because he "couldn't bear to watch" what happened?

Tough love?

no, i don't see the irony. please explain it to me, dan hawkins' self appointed internet bodyguard

I'm not defending Hawkins, I just think everyone is blowing this out of proportion. Especially given that Hawkins is gone in less than four weeks anyway. Just seems like piling on to me. For all anyone knows, Goodman asked him not to watch. Who the hell knows?

I'm not defending Hawkins, I just think everyone is blowing this out of proportion. Especially given that Hawkins is gone in less than four weeks anyway. Just seems like piling on to me. For all anyone knows, Goodman asked him not to watch. Who the hell knows?

Ahhhh.. sort of like the "I can't pee if you're watching me" syndrome...

"I can't make field goals if you are watching me."

I suggest everyone turn around the next time Goodman kicks.

I turned the game off at that point. I couldn't stand to see him laughing and joking on the sideline while the team that I've rooted for longer than any other sports team is now a national joke. Arsehole is laughing all the way to the bank at the expense of a once proud football school.

I'm sorry if it is pilling on. Every loss feels like he is pilling on me.

Last edited:
I turned the game off at that point. I couldn't stand to see him laughing and joking on the sideline while the team that I've rooted for longer than any other sports team is now a national joke. Arsehole is laughing all the way to the bank at the expense of a once proud football school.
I totally understand. Even I get irritated at the site of him or the sound of his voice.

Stop piling on!!!

Back