What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post December 2019 Signing Day Grade

What grade would you give the staff for their class after the first signing day?

• A+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • A-

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • B+

Votes: 41 35.3%
  • B

Votes: 33 28.4%
  • B-

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • C+

• C

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • D

• F

• Total voters
As of today a B. 247 showing us around 6 in Pac adn 35 nationally. Add a few more players and that grade could go higher.

Based on how well this class fits what Mel and staff want to do. It’s almost perfect. I go an A if we lose Clayton that hurts a bit and drops to an A-

There are no holes in this class

Pure emotion and homerism would have me rate this class in the A’s. Reality would say it’s a B and a high B with Harris or Clayton and a low A with both. I voted with the thought Harris is on board. It’s a huge step to 2021 and I firmly believe we will see a top 25 class next year.

I give the staff an A for the effort put in to recruit with this much potential, after a coaching change and during another losing season. It was nice to see no excuses recruiting, just make it happen.

voted B. solid class and like mentioned above this should be our floor going forward. Filled the holes and needs. Close on Clayton and Harris I will bump to A - . Really like the size and length in this class. For HCMT's first class basically pretty solid.

Solid B- as is. Still lacking a few top tier guys to make it any higher. Holding onto Clayton pushes it to a B. Adding Harris pushes it to a B+. To get to an A- they really need to be top 20 at least, even if this is better than what we’re used to getting...

I graded on a curve (informed by recent classes) and gave a B+. Going forward, this class would really be a C+ or B-. We need to be in the top 4 of the conference or top 25 nationally to deserve a B or better.

B. Alfano is a game changer and really the only issue I have with this class is the lack of safety help. Clayton and Harris would bump this to an A- as we haven’t closed on players of that caliber in a long time.

B. Alfano is a game changer and really the only issue I have with this class is the lack of safety help. Clayton and Harris would bump this to an A- as we haven’t closed on players of that caliber in a long time.
Gonzalez is here as a safety. And Montana, while officially listed as a WR can also be S. Was looked at as a S to begin with.

Gonzalez is here as a safety. And Montana, while officially listed as a WR can also be S. Was looked at as a S to begin with.
Gonzalez is rumored to be starting at corner and I think MLC sticks at WR, Chris Carpenter is the one I could see moving sides.

My grade for this class is not indicative of how I feel right now about Buff recruiting. I'm damn happy about the recruiting this cycle, but give the class a B-. The gap is reconciled by program momentum. We've been starved for decades with false hope, seeming starts and inevitable stops. With each new coaching staff comes a genuine sense of hope only later to be crushed with a 70-3 conference championship drubbing or an inexplicable loss in the B_Walk game. So it would be easy to say this is an 'A' class because we're use to substantially worse than acceptable.

But we are seeing real fundamental change to the very roots of this program. The foundation is being rebuilt by organizational structure and emphasis on the little things. This class is so much better than what we've seen in quite a while, and it's proof that the process is working. For that, I couldn't be more excited.

With that said, this class repeated with the same level of quality top to bottom year over year will not get us to Tucker's communicated goal (and our desired goal) of winning championships on a regular basis. Therefore the B-.

#GOBUFFS

My grade for this class is not indicative of how I feel right now about Buff recruiting. I'm damn happy about the recruiting this cycle, but give the class a B-. The gap is reconciled by program momentum. We've been starved for decades with false hope, seeming starts and inevitable stops. With each new coaching staff comes a genuine sense of hope only later to be crushed with a 70-3 conference championship drubbing or an inexplicable loss in the B_Walk game. So it would be easy to say this is an 'A' class because we're use to substantially worse than acceptable.

But we are seeing real fundamental change to the very roots of this program. The foundation is being rebuilt by organizational structure and emphasis on the little things. This class is so much better than what we've seen in quite a while, and it's proof that the process is working. For that, I couldn't be more excited.

With that said, this class repeated with the same level of quality top to bottom year over year will not get us to Tucker's communicated goal (and our desired goal) of winning championships on a regular basis. Therefore the B-.

#GOBUFFS
This is exactly how I feel. I believe someone else said this should be the new baseline/minimum moving forward and that is true also. I gave the class a C. Not because I don't like the class, but because any class that isn't any better than 6th in the PAC12 isn't good enough to get us where we want to go. Is this class FAR better than recent classes. Yes. Am I happy with the direction and does the coaching staff deserve huge kudos for the changes they've made. YES and YES.

If CU signs the same class five years from now will I be as happy as I am today? No

I went with a B, B+ if we sign Harris and Clayton. Maybe we pull off something crazy in the late period/transfer period too?

it's not an amazing class, but it's solidly above average. Still feels like we went really light at DB. If we see Isaiah Lewis running around next year, we'll know we done ****ed up.

Rolling with Lewis and no backup plan seems quite concerning, but the only way to read it is the staff is extremely high on Lewis so that's exciting. I'd prefer a little more risk mitigation, but maybe I'm just too low on Lytle/Stenstrom

#GOBUFFS
How long does B_Walk have to carry that albatross around his neck?

Back