What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post Scrimmage Comments from Embree - Rivals

I missed the Bandison reference. What did he say?

"The first day I saw (Pericak), I said, 'You gotta be kidding me,'" Embree recalled. "He didn't know how to use hands right, his footwork was awful . . . now when I watch him I say here's a guy who has a chance to be an all-conference player.
He was willing to work and Tuiasosopo has done a great job of grinding him and staying on him and holding him to that standard . . . making him do things the right way every time."

The tone was more derisive than the quote implies. No love for Romeo.

That moth didn't even faze him. Now that's focus! :lol:

I consulted one of my Haitian friends, who informed me that a moth landing on you means someone near you will soon die. I took this to mean the CSU football team. My friend felt this was the correct interpretation.

Sorry guys. This sounds like pretty much every preseason coach's interview I've seen since I started watching this stuff 6 years ago. At this point, I'm in a show-me mode.

Oh really?

Embree's pretty candid, Daaah.

Here was what he had to say after the scrimmage last year:Head coach Jon Embree was not happy afterward.

“Defense played well; offense wasn’t good enough,” Embree told reporters. “We’re going to have changes on the depth chart. It’s the same three or four guys on offense that are consistently making the mistakes at the critical times. All it takes is one guy and you can hurt a play.”

-and-

“We tried some things on offense that we had just introduced,” Embree said. “But overall I was not pleased with the intensity on offense.”

Keep in mind that at this time last year Embree was telling people off the record that he thought this offense was going to need to score about 40 points a game to make up for our defensive deficiencies. Even saying "defense played well" and not elaborating was a backhanded slap at the offense.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/college...epth-chart-embree-says-after-scrimmage/19851/

Who were the old farts, the old man and lady, at the beginning of the interview? How come they got to be there, the old farts? No fair!.

Believe they was Larry and Brigette Zimmer. I think they've earned their spots there. Larry's missed an awful lot of opera following Hawk's horrible road teams !

As far as WR's, JE did mention the QBs had some good TD passes....last I looked, it took a receiver to catch those and they can't all have been coming out of the backfield. You miss the Webb interview? He gave some kudos to Spruce and McCulloch and had some favorable comments about the Jefferson "twins".

I'm more positve on the WRs this year, since they are now working against real DBs in practice, not a bunch of converted midget walk-on offensive players. That's gotta help just a llittle.

Also, does Webb think he's going to be able to step onto the playing field with his sleeves tied up with those little bows like my wife and daughter do to their t-shirts when they are working out?

I really think the WR's are going to surprise. McCulloch has the size to be a big time mismatch on the outside, and he is learning to play with that full height. Spruce stood out last year, and has continued to stand out this year. GT has the wheels to make any defense honest. And like Ice pointed out, we are practicing against real DB's, and from the sound of it very good DB's. Are any of them game changers like P-RIch? Idk we will have to wait and see

I really think the WR's are going to surprise. McCulloch has the size to be a big time mismatch on the outside, and he is learning to play with that full height. Spruce stood out last year, and has continued to stand out this year. GT has the wheels to make any defense honest. And like Ice pointed out, we are practicing against real DB's, and from the sound of it very good DB's. Are any of them game changers like P-RIch? Idk we will have to wait and see

To me, McCulloch probably has more to prove than anyone on offense this season. If he disappears for games at a time again, all that "potential" pretty much goes out the window IMO.

WR and TE are probably the positions I'm most worried about. From what we've heard, it seems like the reinforcements on the D-line and in the secondary are ready to make an impact. If we're unable to stretch the field with our WRs and TEs our running game will suffer. Not sure McCulloch has the speed so I hope Spruce does if they end up being the starters. I also hope Kasa has a big year. He has the tools.

WR and TE are probably the positions I'm most worried about. From what we've heard, it seems like the reinforcements on the D-line and in the secondary are ready to make an impact. If we're unable to stretch the field with our WRs and TEs our running game will suffer. Not sure McCulloch has the speed so I hope Spruce does if they end up being the starters. I also hope Kasa has a big year. He has the tools.

Some very promising comments from Webb about Kasa. That is good to see.

I'm feeling better after reading a couple new articles and watching videos on Buffzone.

A telling quote was by Jon Major: "We always joke about it that he doesn't have to teach us what to wear, how to look and where to line up," senior linebacker Jon Major said. "Now it's more football and position specific. It's been a lot smoother in that sense."

This and other quotes make me more confident we can get at least 5 wins this year. I'm withholding my excitement until I see it on the field...color me skeptical...

Can't believe how bad we were last year...and could have been 5-8...coulda, shoulda, woulda...

Back