What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post-Spring Depth Chart

From what I've read on here, Jeff Thomas had a good spring. Any idea why he's behind Spruce and McCulloch on the depth chart? Overall, I have no clue how good we'll be. I was optimistic before last season and we all know how that turned out.

Thomas actually practiced for all of a week. I suspect things will sort themselves out, provided he stays healthy.

Fans should also start giving Nelson Spruce some credit. He is not a complete scrub.

Thomas actually practiced for all of a week. I suspect things will sort themselves out, provided he stays healthy.

Fans should also start giving Nelson Spruce some credit. He is not a complete scrub.

Spruce had one hell of a freshman season even if we just look at stats and don't grade on a curve to consider the sub-par QB play and sub-par scheme/playcalling. With those other things improved, Spruce improving in his 2nd year, and him benefiting from P-Rich being back to open the field and put the 2nd or 3rd best corner on him instead of the CB1 -- I'm expecting him to be a tremendous asset to the offense in 2013 and beyond.

alex can [edited by mods for TOS ] and ride the pine there - loser/traitor

what ever happened to loyalty? Kids these days are so entitled it is sickening

Last edited:
alex can take his cripple @ss over to nu and ride the pine there - loser/trader

what ever happened to loyalty? Kids these days are so entitled it is sickening

1st, I think you mean traitor
2nd, you're an idot

I guess it is just a snap reaction by some people here, but I'm not about to think that our OL was ruined because Lewis is gone. What did we have to lose? Was Lewis an all-conference player? Looks to me like we went from a bad OL to a bad OL.

It's no mystery that this team is going to lose the majority of its games.

Jaximus, it is not a snap reaction. We lost two experienced starters from last year's team on an OL that already lacked depth and experience. It might be different if we had some promising young players in the last couple recruiting classes, but not really the case outside of a few exceptions. The cycle of losing decent to talented OL before their eligibility has been exhausted is kills a team with no depth.

If the offensive line sucks as bad as everyone says then Lewis must have sucked also, So what's the big deal.

I guess it is just a snap reaction by some people here, but I'm not about to think that our OL was ruined because Lewis is gone. What did we have to lose? Was Lewis an all-conference player? Looks to me like we went from a bad OL to a bad OL.

Not ruined. But we're not recruiting "instant impact" types. We need time for guys to develop in order to build quality and depth. I believe we have a lot of guys who will be fine OLs we can win a lot of games with when they're 4th and 5th year players. But I also believe they're the kinds of guys we'll lose a lot of games with if we're forced to play them as 1st and 2nd year players.

Lewis was voted honorable mention All-Conference by the P12 coaches. It's not just losing him, it's losing Bahktiari on top of it.

Back