What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post-Spring Depth Chart

Why no confidence in the corners?

I think the corners are solid, maybe even good... but they're not going to look good if the opposing QB can stand in the pocket clean for 5+ seconds.

Mac's been coaching the corners this spring. He really loves to coach and/or sees a need he can fill better. Either way, I expect good things from them. But as stated by others, if the DL sucks again this year and we give Mannion et al too much time, we're screwed.

Why no confidence in the corners?

I want them to do well. But man, last couple of years...

Corners always scare me. In '01 we had some decent backfield but we still got torched by the Ducks in the Fiesta Bowl. And when we had "lockdown" corners Smith and Brown, we got torched on a routine basis. I don't know what it is about Colorado, but it doesn't seem to matter how good our corners are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Corners always scare me. In '01 we had some decent backfield but we still got torched by the Ducks in the Fiesta Bowl. And when we had "lockdown" corners Smith and Brown, we got torched on a routine basis. I don't know what it is about Colorado, but it doesn't seem to matter how good our corners are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So nothing that is relevant to this coming season?

Probably going to be

RT- Nembot OG- Munyer C- Crabb OG- Wiefels LT- Irwin the starting oL against Colorado State.

'Nik -- thanks. this is exactly what someone like me needed.

Probably going to be

RT- Nembot OG- Munyer C- Crabb OG- Wiefels LT- Irwin the starting oL against Colorado State.

Not a bad guess.

I've got something else I'm hoping for, but I don't want to jinx it.

Not counting on Weifels until we see him pads on the field but if he can win a starting G spot it would be huge in terms of meaning that we have a much more solid starting inside OL. It would also mean that with Kelley who I am thinking of as a starting C without him we have something resembling depth for a change.

Alex Kelley had a very good spring and he's a very good kid.

Irwin has a lot of work in front of him as he hasn't squatted in like 8 months or something. Color me concerned.

Alex Kelley had a very good spring and he's a very good kid.

Irwin has a lot of work in front of him as he hasn't squatted in like 8 months or something. Color me concerned.

Yep. He also hasn't practiced in... 1.5 years? It is interesting that the staff is basically penciling him in as #1 LT.

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-fo...d-jake-mcgee-to-graduate-then-transfer-042514

Wasn't sure where to post this, and have no reason to think there is a connection to CU, but an experienced tight end who caught 43 balls last year would be a nice addition.
If we could somehow get a transfer of this caliber, I am starting to like our chances on offense more. I would think if their is one or two positions this staff is looking for transfers it is TE and the OL.

who will be returning kicks? is Spruce solidified at punt return?

I don't know HCMM's tendencies -- will he use starters at those positions? no surprise coming from a Hokie, but I think taking those kinds of chances and putting focus on special teams for rebuilding situations makes a lot of sense.

Back