What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

POWDER BLUE OUT Facebook Event

I've spoken to one player in particular, the whole blue out thing is "embarrassing" to him at a player. It's jmo, i don't think it's a good idea.

This whole season has been embarrassing to me as a fan, alumnus, and student.

I'm just sayin I disagree with the decision to wear blue... and so do some players.

Wearing blue isn't going to affect the W/L column. Bohn doesn't need anymore persuading on his decision

I'm just sayin I disagree with the decision to wear blue... and so do some players.

Wearing blue isn't going to affect the W/L column. Bohn doesn't need anymore persuading on his decision

Awww jeez. I hate to hurt somebodys feelings. :rolleyes:

We're 2-6 for crissakes. We're on the verge of our fourth losing season in a row. The fans have been patient for a long time, and our patience is now gone. I'm sorry if they don't like it.

Here's another thing, if they think the fans at CU showing up and wearing blue is bad, what the hell would they think of the death threats at *ebraska? The u-haul parked in front of Gary Gibbs house in Norman, or the myriad of junk that was thrown at Phil Fulmer in Tennessee? You think they would appreciate the way the folks in Michigan have treated RichRod?

C'mon guys. It's time to put on your big boy pants and play some football.

I think its disrespectful to everyone involved.

It reflects poorly on the fans IMHO. Reminds me of the Saints fans that used to wear bags on thier heads. Anything that makes the fans bigger than the team is counter-productive to me. Big ****in joke IMO.

I can't imagine what the players will think when they run out behind Ralphie to a sea of powder blue... "We as bad as some of the worst teams in Colorado's history." Ouch:huh: Bad, bad idea imo

I look at it this way. If this team doesn't bring their A-game and play sixteen quarters of quality football, they very well might be one of the worst teams in CU history. Holy Toledo!

The sky-blue out is a fan protest against losing.

I'm betting the players hate losing even more than the fans. So we all have that in common.

I support the players and wear blue because losing sucks.

It reflects poorly on the fans IMHO. Reminds me of the Saints fans that used to wear bags on thier heads. Anything that makes the fans bigger than the team is counter-productive to me. Big ****in joke IMO.

I can respect that opinion, but I think the comparison to a pro team is off-base. Pro teams that suck deserve no respect because those guys are getting paid and are expendable. If they cannot show up and play hard, others will take their place. Much different from the college game.

Fatty - on Legacy day, we were treated to the circa 1934 jersey and pant and 1957 Orange Bowl helmut. Why shouldn't fans be able to wear the sky blue? It's part of our history. You got to be able to take the good with the bad.

BTW, the saints never had paper bag uniforms.

I think in some cases the fans are bigger than the team, because without the fans, there is no team. That also works the other way around but still. If the team is disrespected how do they think the people who pay additional money to get tickets, gas, food, CU apparel think watching their team get waxed every week.

In high school I was reprimanded quite a bit at bball games for the stuff I would say. Now it wasnt derogatory, but anything I said I was told that it was "disrespectful", that was in high school. College is supposed to be different. We recruit these kids to come here in the hopes that they can lead us to a win, so far, they havent done that. Thats not on the players though, thats on the coaches.

The point of this is, IF THE PLAYERS DONT WANT TO BE DISRESPECTED, WIN SOME ****ING FOOTBALL GAMES

:stupid:

Here's another thing, if they think the fans at CU showing up and wearing blue is bad, what the hell would they think of the death threats at *ebraska? The u-haul parked in front of Gary Gibbs house in Norman, or the myriad of junk that was thrown at Phil Fulmer in Tennessee? You think they would appreciate the way the folks in Michigan have treated RichRod?

C'mon guys. It's time to put on your big boy pants and play some football.

Well I'll be wearing my big boy pants on Sat, along with my normal CU gear. :thumbsup: Sorry. :smile2:

I look at it this way. If this team doesn't bring their A-game and play sixteen quarters of quality football, they very well might be one of the worst teams in CU history. Holy Toledo!

The sky-blue out is a fan protest against losing.

I'm betting the players hate losing even more than the fans. So we all have that in common.

I support the players and wear blue because losing sucks.

Maybe the players should wear powder blue as well to protest the lack of donor support for things like facilities and academic support compared to their competition, as well as gameday attendance seeing as we haven't had a sell out in..... well when was the last time that happpened? :confused:

Just sayin.

Last edited:
i haven't decided yet.

i may wear a powder blue armband or something...with one of those curly ribbon symbol thingies pinned to it in black and gold...

Maybe the players should wear powder blue as well to protest the lack of donor support for things like facilities and academic support compared to their competition, as well as gameday attendance seeing as we haven't had a sell out in..... well when was the last time that happpened? :confused:

Just sayin.

If this blue out helps sell one more seat, then it has succeeded. I'd much rather see 35,000 with a blue contingent versus than 25,000 just going through the motions.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a player or two wears something blue under the BnG uniform. Players hate losing more than the fans.

This blue out is exactly what this program needs right now to take the edge off Scott's departure and the 15-30 that got us to this point.

I respect both sides. Face it. The Blue Out is one of the most interesting story lines of this otherwise miserable season. It's the point where fans stand up and say "losing sucks".

Just sayin.
Poor argument. We are in a recession and the donor support over Hawk's tenure has been very good. Especially compared to the prior 10 years.

Texas A&M at Colorado (1:30 p.m.): I’m as interested to see how many Colorado fans actually wear powder-blue shirts in this one to protest the way the Buffaloes’ football program is performing as the game itself. If we believe everything in the papers, it might be more than we suspect. The Aggies have traditionally had trouble winning in Boulder, so the Buffaloes might have one last stand left in them. But not if Jerrod Johnson and his receivers are clicking. If they are on, it could be another long home game for Dan Hawkins.

from tim griffin blog

Sad thing about that tim griffin statement....is I'm almost more interested in seeing how much blue there is as well :cry:....hopefully the Buffs can come out hot and change my perception

This team is one of the worst CU football teams in history.

These are not 7-year-olds playing pee wee football. They don't need to be coddled and told that they are super special and awesome when they go 2-10. The fact that the protest is about the coaching staff and not the players has been stated over and over in every venue in which this undertaking has been discussed.

What are we protesting here...that fans hate losing?? Do fans really need a symbol to show people they hate losing? Seems pretty obvious to me.

The effort to pull this together is commendable, but I don't see what this is supposed to accomplish.

What are we protesting here...that fans hate losing?? Do fans really need a symbol to show people they hate losing? Seems pretty obvious to me.

The effort to pull this together is commendable, but I don't see what this is supposed to accomplish.

It shows that no matter how pissed we are and no matter how far our program has fallen, we will still show up to the games and cheer for our team, but we want something new!!

It shows that no matter how pissed we are and no matter how far our program has fallen, we will still show up to the games and cheer for our team, but we want something new!!

Sorry, I'm not seeing how blue shirts accomplishes any of that. That Buff fans are pissed is no secret to anyone, and by going to the game and cheering the team shows you're willing to...show up to the game and cheer the team.

Maybe if you sold blue shirts to fans attending the game all week and gave the proceeds to the AD with a letter to Bohn explaining the changes you want to see that might carry some weight, but wearing blue in "protest" will accomplish squat IMo, except to further embarrass the team.

Sorry, I'm not seeing how blue shirts accomplishes any of that. That Buff fans are pissed is no secret to anyone, and by going to the game and cheering the team shows you're willing to...show up to the game and cheer the team.

Maybe if you sold blue shirts to fans attending the game all week and gave the proceeds to the AD with a letter to Bohn explaining the changes you want to see that might carry some weight, but wearing blue in "protest" will accomplish squat IMo, except to further embarrass the team.

I understand that. However, I will tell you what it has already done. It has created excitement and interest for the game. I couldn't tell you how many people have said, "I didn't even know there was a game this weekend," after hearing about this event. I also know a lot of people who are choosing to go to the game because of this and not all of them are in favor of the blue, they just want to go now and enjoy being part of it all.

I'd say that is success enough.

I understand that. However, I will tell you what it has already done. It has created excitement and interest for the game. I couldn't tell you how many people have said, "I didn't even know there was a game this weekend," after hearing about this event. I also know a lot of people who are choosing to go to the game because of this and not all of them are in favor of the blue, they just want to go now and enjoy being part of it all.

I'd say that is success enough.

The excitement and interest isn't for the game which to me is the problem with this stunt. It takes attention away from the game and the players and puts it on the pissed off fans.

If people are going because of this and not the game, then what you have created is a sideshow.

Back