What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Power 5 Preseason Predictions

Their road schedule is significantly easier than 2018, when they lost three road games and still won the conference.

Agree completely-I think UW loses at home to either the Ducklings or Utah though. Both are good enough to go to Seattle and win. Washington's conference schedule a lot tougher than Utah's (Utah doesn't play Oregon or Stanford, and plays USC and UW on the road) is overall, and that's why I think Utah wins the league this year. Utah winning 11 or 12 games isn't out of the question.

Agree completely-I think UW loses at home to either the Ducklings or Utah though. Both are good enough to go to Seattle and win. Washington's conference schedule a lot tougher than Utah's (Utah doesn't play Oregon or Stanford, and plays USC and UW on the road) is overall, and that's why I think Utah wins the league this year. Utah winning 11 or 12 games isn't out of the question.

11 is giving Utah some significant benefit of the doubt. 12 is venturing into pure fantasy.

ACC: Clemson vs Miami -- Clemson wins and goes to Playoff
Big Ten: Michigan vs Minnesota -- Michigan wins and goes to Playoff
Big 12: Texas vs Oklahoma State -- Texas wins but does not go to Playoff
SEC: Florida vs Alabama -- Alabama wins, capping an undefeated season on the way to the Playoff

Pac-12: Oregon vs Utah -- Oregon wins and goes to Playoff

North
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Stanford
4. Cal
5. Washington State
6. Oregon State

South
1. Utah
2. USC
3. Colorado
4. UCLA
5. Arizona State
6. Arizona

I don't get the Michigan love. Because of the new OC? Harbaugh is a dinosaur at this point. He is going to be tighter than hell this year. Look at how average he makes 5 stars look. I mean I am in Northern NJ... Rashan Gary looked awful half the time. He did nothing with Jabrill Peppers.

Shea is really not that good and that Ole Miss staff was not bothered at all when he left. A QB who wasn't good enough for Ole Miss is going to get Michigan to the playoffs? I wouldn't be surprised if Notre Dame lose by 2 TDs in Georgia then whip Michigan in AA five weeks later.

Finebaum said the funniest thing about Michigan recently. He said all over the country, UM fans of all races, sizes, and ages are coming up to him yelling about how unfair he is with Michigan and Jim H. He let's them talk and then calmly says "So you are telling me the program is in good shape? This is what you expected with him? You are satisfied with this?"

And then they all pause and let out a long sigh. Then they look at him with tears in their eyes and say "Who else are we supposed to hire?"

And that is their argument. That he isn't Brady Hoke. And I mean if they lose to OSU at home with no Urban, you cannot possibly bring Jim back again, can you???!!! What the hell is he being paid for? Beating Indiana and Rutgers? ****, CU should have beaten them 3 years ago.

SEC: Florida vs Alabama -- Alabama wins, capping an undefeated season on the way to the Playoff

North
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Stanford
4. Cal
5. Washington State
6. Oregon State

South
1. Utah
2. USC
3. Colorado
4. UCLA
5. Arizona State
6. Arizona
Really like the Minnesota pick. Don’t know if you are just trying to troll limon or not, but I like it.

North
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Stanford
4. Cal
5. Washington State
6. Oregon State

South
1. Utah
2. USC
3. Colorado
4. UCLA
5. Arizona State
6. Arizona

Surprised to see you so high on Oregon. If they make the playoff, they will have earned it though.

@crosby87, I think there are legitimate arguments to be made against Harbaugh, but Rashan Gary and Jabrill Peppers (especially) are not good examples.

I am not sold on Patterson, but when did Ole Miss' staff become any sort of vanguard in college football?

Has he done enough at Michigan? Nope. But maybe his defining fault at Michigan thus far is not being Urban Meyer's equal, which puts him in the company of every head coach aside from Saban and Swinney.

Surprised to see you so high on Oregon. If they make the playoff, they will have earned it though.
When in doubt, go with the best QB. And I had a lot more questions about Washington and Stanford. Oregon's the only one of the three I could see being great this year, not just "good enough" to own enough tiebreakers to win the division.

I see your point Duff Man but with OSU, MSU and ND at home they really are out of excuses in my opinion.

11 is giving Utah some significant benefit of the doubt. 12 is venturing into pure fantasy.

Do they have that kind of talent? I don't think so. Is this a year where they could do that because their schedule is easy enough to? Definitely. Here it is.

at BYU-W
Northern Illinois-W
Idaho State-W
at USC-Tossup
Washington State-Tossup
at Oregon State-W
Arizona State-W right now because ASU doesn't have a QB
Cal-W
at Washington-Loss
UCLA-Win
at Arizona-Win
Colorado-This is one of a few sure losses I have for us right now. Win.

Do they have that kind of talent? I don't think so. Is this a year where they could do that because their schedule is easy enough to? Definitely. Here it is.

at BYU-W
Northern Illinois-W
Idaho State-W
at USC-Tossup
Washington State-Tossup
at Oregon State-W
Arizona State-W right now because ASU doesn't have a QB
Cal-W
at Washington-Loss
UCLA-Win
at Arizona-Win
Colorado-This is one of a few sure losses I have for us right now. Win.
I wouldn’t call any CU game an auto win for the opponent until I see them play a few games first.

Pederson teams always seem to lay one egg every season, no reason to think this year will be different.

Ohhh, you meant Wisconsin?

You may be right.
No, I meant Washington. I don't see any weaknesses and the one question mark, I doubt is a question mark. Petersen is a QB guru and I'm betting this Eason kid was good enough to start as a Frosh two years ago, will be a big step forward for them this year.

Plus the schedule just lines up for them with all the tough games in Seattle.

Utah is being over-rated, which is unusual as they are usually under-rated. The QB is not great, and still makes mistakes. He's dangerous, but not great. Both lines are very good, as usual. Not sure they have the WRs and DBs to be great.

Petersen is a QB guru
56672b0b1300002900738d55.gif

Petersen had QBs well above his weight class at Boise. Last guy was a dud though, I admit.
Boise had a lot of players over their weight class, the QBs among them.

If they were the lone bright spot, and the success could be mainly attributed to them, then maybe "qb guru." But that wasn't the case, they were one bright spot among many.

I think he's just a solid all around coach. His teams don't have uniquely good QBs.

His teams have good players with good coaching <<full stop>>. Nothing more, nothing less.

Back