What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Power 5 Preseason Predictions

SEC: Bama over Georgia
B1G: Ohio St. over Wisconsin
ACC: Clemson over Miami
Big 12: Texas over Iowa St.
Pac-12: Utah over Oregon

Pac 12 North
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Washington St.
4. Cal
5. Stanford
6. Oregon St.

Pac 12 South
1. Utah
2. Arizona St.
3. USC
4. Colorado
5. UCLA
6. Arizona

CFP
Clemson over Georgia
Bama over Texas

CFC
Clemson over Bama

Heisman: Trevor Lawrence
Belitnikof: LaViska Shenault Jr.

SEC: Alabama
Big 12: Oklahoma
ACC: Clemson
Big 10: Michigan
Pac-12: Washington

CFP: Clemson, Alabama, Michigan, Georgia
Georgia and Alabama play in the final with Alabama winning

Pac-12 South
1. Utah
2. USC
3. ASU
4. CU
5. UCLA
6. Arizona

Pac-12 North
1. Washington
2. Oregon
3. Stanford
4. Washington State
5. Cal
6. Oregon State

SEC: Alabama
Big 12: Oklahoma
ACC: Clemson
Big 10: Michigan
Pac-12: Washington

CFP: Clemson, Alabama, Michigan, Georgia
Georgia and Alabama play in the final with Alabama winning

Pac-12 South
1. Utah
2. USC
3. ASU
4. CU
5. UCLA
6. Arizona

Pac-12 North
1. Washington
2. Oregon
3. Stanford
4. Washington State
5. Cal
6. Oregon State

Replace Georgia with Clemson in the championship, and that's my prediction. Thanks for saving me the typing.

SEC: Georgia over Bama (Kirby gets the monkey off his back)
Big 12: Oklahoma over Texas
Big 10: Michigan over Wisconsin
Pac 12: Utah over Oregon

CFP:
Georgia
Clemson
Oklahoma
Utah

Pac 12 Preseason Picks
South
1. Utah
2. USC
3. Colorado
4. ASU
5. UCLA
6. Arizona

North
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Cal
4. Wazzu
5. Stanford
6. Oregon State

Last edited:
South
1. Youths
2. Ohms (aka sparkeys)
3. Ribbed
4. Buffs
5. Teddy's
6. *ussy's Cats

North
1. Quacks
2. Wazzup's
3. Wash Tubs
4. Trees
5. Beers
6. Jayjay's

CFP:
Bama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Utah

Pac 12 Preseason Picks
South
1. Utah
2. USC
3. Colorado
4. ASU
5. UCLA
6. Arizona

North
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Cal
4. Wazzu
5. Stanford
6. Oregon State
Georgia beats Bama but doesn’t get into the CFP?

CFP:
Bama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Utah

Pac 12 Preseason Picks
South
1. Utah
2. USC
3. Colorado
4. ASU
5. UCLA
6. Arizona

North
1. Oregon
2. Washington
3. Cal
4. Wazzu
5. Stanford
6. Oregon State
I like the cut of your jib, Admiral.

That's how I feel about Michigan. Why are they going to be better exactly? Or is it just that they don't really have a road game other than PSU and Ohio State don't have Urban?

That's how I feel about Michigan. Why are they going to be better exactly? Or is it just that they don't really have a road game other than PSU and Ohio State don't have Urban?
Do they have to be much better? They went 8-1 in B1G play last year. They're loaded with talent and are in a very good spot with the QB position now. Whether or not people think they'll get over the hump, I doubt anyone thinks that Michigan will be any worse than 9-3 this season. That's a hell of a floor for a team.

Do they have to be much better? They went 8-1 in B1G play last year. They're loaded with talent and are in a very good spot with the QB position now. Whether or not people think they'll get over the hump, I doubt anyone thinks that Michigan will be any worse than 9-3 this season. That's a hell of a floor for a team.
If Michigan can't get over the OSU hump with OSU at home, rebuilding, and going through a coaching change, than Harbaugh isn't the guy.

I think UW is the best team in the Pac-12 until proven otherwise.
They lost a lot, but if they ended up upgrading the QB position then they could have a monster season. Tons of talent, exceptional coaching, winning culture and a decent schedule.

If Michigan can't get over the OSU hump with OSU at home, rebuilding, and going through a coaching change, than Harbaugh isn't the guy.

Tough to argue that. In his 4 years at Michigan he's only finished higher than 3rd once in the Big 10 East.

I don't get the Texas love. That team only had one good side of the ball last year, and pretty much ever reason for it left.

Everybody in that league has questions I think-OU at QB, Texas has theirs, and ISU is probably good enough to beat Oklahoma or Texas and win 8-9 games.........but they're a distant third. Same with TCU.

So Georgia are starting all true Freshman or redshirts at WR? Do any of you guys give Notre Dame a punchers chance there?

Also...I am betting the ranch on Florida in that game VS Miami. I think Miami are terrible and do not have a QB any good on that roster... They are going to be in for a long day there in my humble opinion.... -8 is a gift from God and it may fall to 7 by kickoff.

Finebaum callers talking up South Carolina yesterday as Kirby seems to have a (rare) spring in his step right now headed into the season....I could see them surprising and Tennessee blowing up under raised expectations. Guarantano is one of those strange players. I mean he is 6' 2" 220, which isn't bad. He has a terrific arm and can drop a post from 65 yards on a dime. And yet...Meh.

So Georgia are starting all true Freshman or redshirts at WR? Do any of you guys give Notre Dame a punchers chance there?

Also...I am betting the ranch on Florida in that game VS Miami. I think Miami are terrible and do not have a QB any good on that roster... They are going to be in for a long day there in my humble opinion.... -8 is a gift from God and it may fall to 7 by kickoff.

Finebaum callers talking up South Carolina yesterday as Kirby seems to have a (rare) spring in his step right now headed into the season....I could see them surprising and Tennessee blowing up under raised expectations. Guarantano is one of those strange players. I mean he is 6' 2" 220, which isn't bad. He has a terrific arm and can drop a post from 65 yards on a dime. And yet...Meh.

Thinking about it, but Bovada has UF as a 7 point favorite. Need to look at it more. I love Hawaii getting 11 at home against Arizona in week 0-I think Hawaii beats Arizona. They're a tough out at home.

Thanks, I see it is 7 at William Hill as well.....All the better. Easy money. First time HC in Manny Diaz vs The second best coach in the SEC (Sorry Jimbo.)

Yeah if Hawaii can score first AZ will be chasing it all day. I went to the Army/UH game in West Point last year. Knights just squeaked by them. 4,900 mile road trip for UH.

Are Houston that bad? Oklahoma are giving 26.5 in some places. I thought Houston had some players.

UMASS stink or I would take them to beat Rutgers straight up. Rutgers QB situation is a mess. Some grad transfer from Texas Tech can't beat out that terrible Sitkowski guy yet.

Thanks, I see it is 7 at William Hill as well.....All the better. Easy money. First time HC in Manny Diaz vs The second best coach in the SEC (Sorry Jimbo.)

Yeah if Hawaii can score first AZ will be chasing it all day. I went to the Army/UH game in West Point last year. Knights just squeaked by them. 4,900 mile road trip for UH.

Are Houston that bad? Oklahoma are giving 26.5 in some places. I thought Houston had some players.

UMASS stink or I would take them to beat Rutgers straight up. Rutgers QB situation is a mess. Some grad transfer from Texas Tech can't beat out that terrible Sitkowski guy yet.
Houston's defense was abysmal last year and then lost a generational talent at DT as well as most their starters.

I don't get the Texas love. That team only had one good side of the ball last year, and pretty much ever reason for it left.

Agree. They also were not that impressive most weeks. Credit to them for winning a lot of close games, but outside of the bowl win against Georgia, nothing really screams borderline elite team.

I actually think Miami has a good shot at the upset against Florida.

I don't know. They haven't named a starter BC they want Perry or Williams to beat out Tate Martell. You know the saying, when you have 3 QBs you don't have any.

I don't know. They haven't named a starter BC they want Perry or Williams to beat out Tate Martell. You know the saying, when you have 3 QBs you don't have any.

That is definitely the big question for Miami, but Florida is a team which will play many close games this season because they are not particularly elite anywhere on offense.

Miami doesn't need to be elite at QB to have a great season. They do need to do better than complete dumpster fire like last season.

Back