What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Power 5 Preseason Predictions

By mostly Oklahoma fans. No surprise there, even though I wouldn’t have chosen Ehlinger either.

All the Oregon fans saying it should be Herbert are going to get to know Shenault this year.

Come on, it's 3 dudes on twitter. Oregon fans know he's amazing. One of the people who said Herbert is a Michigan fan. Another one is an Alabama fan. Another is a Penn St fan. Another one is from Arizona, etc. I have no problem with Viska over Herbert. Herbert hasn't done squat.

He's getting roasted for Ehlinger

I mean...he scored 41 TDs last year. That's pretty good.

Last edited:
Pac-12: Viska
Big 12: Cee Dee Lamb
Big 10: A.J. Epenesa
SEC: Tua Tagavailoa
ACC: Trevor Lawrence
How could you not pick a defensive player from the Big-12? Also just looking at some of the mock drafts this looks like a really light year talent wise for that conference. The SEC is absolutely loaded this year though. Also, Stanford, USC and UCLA combining for 2 top of the line prospects as it sits right now is an embarrassment.

Herbert is a top 3 QB in the country, which gets valued as a top 5 draft pick, but Viska is clearly the better player. There should really be no debate about that.

Jarren Williams starting at QB for Miami over Martell. Wow.

I am LOADING up on Florida! Bet the ranch, baby!

Depends on how you look at best-One could make an argument for Martinez given how the Nubs barely functioned without him last year. I'm unsure about Miami-Florida.......but I'm gonna bet Hawaii against Arizona and take the 11 points they're getting at home!

Last edited:
Depends on how you look at best-One could make an argument for Martinez given how the Nubs barely functioned without him last year. I'm unsure about Miami-Florida.......but I'm gonna bet Hawaii against Arizona and take the 11 points they're getting at home!
Most valuable and best player in the conference are two completely separate discussions.

PAC-12: OU
BIG-10: Penn State
Big 12: Iowa State
SEC: Bama
ACC: Clemson

Playoff: Bama, Clemson, ::winner of ND/Georgia::, ::loser of ND/Georgia::
Winner: Bama

-Big 10 commish blows a gasket about playoff selection process as Big 10 has 5th 6th and 8th best teams.
-Larry Scott doesn't care, keeps getting paid by conference--somehow.
-Matt Campbell accepts whatever the highest profile open job is at the end of the year for obscene $$$$.

Viska selected in first round of draft. Montez in second. Landman third.
Too bad you all can't buy stock in Avery's, as I will drink a whole lotta stampede

PAC-12: OU
BIG-10: Penn State
Big 12: Iowa State
SEC: Bama

Playoff: Bama, Clemson, ::winner of ND/Georgia::, ::loser of ND/Georgia::
Winner: Bama

-Big 10 commish blows a gasket about playoff selection process as Big 10 has 5th 6th and 8th best teams.
-Larry Scott doesn't care, keeps getting paid by conference--somehow.
-Matt Campbell accepts whatever the highest profile open job is at the end of the year for obscene $$$$.

Viska selected in first round of draft. Montez in second. Landman third.
Too bad you all can't buy stock in Avery's, as I will drink a whole lotta stampede

If Campbell leaves, its for tOSU. That's not happening anytime soon. I don't see him going to.........Michigan (for example) if they finally get to the point that they think the Khakis can't win the big one.

Utah is being lauded as a dark horse to win the CFP. I can’t wait till they go 9-3 and not win the Pac 12, per usual. Unearned hype

Utah is being lauded as a dark horse to win the CFP. I can’t wait till they go 9-3 and not win the Pac 12, per usual. Unearned hype

with Tua and Lawrence back at Bama and Clemson, Utah seems more insane than darkhorse. i generally like Utah's physicality but CFP is a whole different level.

i'm going to have to say "no way" on that.

i wouldn't bet them even money to win the Pac south, maybe.

Only reason it could be a good play is that they have the size and talent up front on both lines to be able to compete with those big boy teams. Oregon can at o line and Washington can on both too, but that seems to be where teams get exposed in the playoff.

Only reason it could be a good play is that they have the size and talent up front on both lines to be able to compete with those big boy teams. Oregon can at o line and Washington can on both too, but that seems to be where teams get exposed in the playoff.
It was evident a few years ago when UW just couldn’t hang with Bama in the Semi final. Definitely feels like Oregon and UW took notice and made that an emphasis.

I said it would shock me if they went 11-1 and made the Rose Bowl, but I think them making the CFP is out there. Utah and Washington probably need 12-0 to do it because their OOC skeds aren't good enough. Oregon can drop a game because of their week one game with Auburn. If they lose to Auburn or Washington and win the Pac 12 anyway, Both play BYU, another G5, and a Big Sky team-a one loss Big 10 champ (assuming its not Ohio State-toughest OOC game is Cincy at home) gets in ahead of both of them, and so does a one loss Texas/Oklahoma.

Last edited:

I bet Oregon has a better DL than UW this year.

SEC: Georgia
Big Ten: Michigan
Big 12: Oklahoma
Pac-12: Colorado...I know man...can't I just live in fantasy land for once?

CFP:

CU over Georgia
Oklahoma over Clemson

CU over Oklahoma

Lol I'd take that bet. How do we quantify who has the better DL?

We can't! That's the beauty of a stupid statement like that. However, they lose all of theirs, Oregon returns all of theirs and brings in DJ Johnson. /shrug

And Faoliu might not even start.

(2 years old)
"last season Pro Football Focus graded him out as a top-10 defensive lineman against the run"

The 2 deep has 3 seniors, a jr, DJ Johnson and 5 star Kayvon Thibodeaux.

UW doesn't return any starters afaik.

I said it would shock me if they went 11-1 and made the Rose Bowl, but I think them making the CFP is out there. Utah and Washington probably need 12-0 to do it because their OOC skeds aren't good enough. Oregon can drop a game because of their week one game with Auburn. If they lose to Auburn or Washington and win the Pac 12 anyway, Both play BYU, another G5, and a Big Sky team-a one loss Big 10 champ (assuming its not Ohio State-toughest OOC game is Cincy at home) gets in ahead of both of them, and so does a one loss Texas/Oklahoma.

That's the thing about Utah, if they go 12-1 as Pac-12 champs they're likely gonna end up behind any other 1-loss P5 champ in the CFP standings. And even if they go 12-0 going into the Pac12 title game they'll have to turn around and beat UW a 2nd time or play an Oregon team who is arguably better.

We can't! That's the beauty of a stupid statement like that. However, they lose all of theirs, Oregon returns all of theirs and brings in DJ Johnson. /shrug

And Faoliu might not even start.

(2 years old)
"last season Pro Football Focus graded him out as a top-10 defensive lineman against the run"

The 2 deep has 3 seniors, a jr, DJ Johnson and 5 star Kayvon Thibodeaux.

UW doesn't return any starters afaik.

Let's see what happens-Oregon might be outrecruiting UW, but Washington's defensive staff is damn good.

That's the thing about Utah, if they go 12-1 as Pac-12 champs they're likely gonna end up behind any other 1-loss P5 champ in the CFP standings. And even if they go 12-0 going into the Pac12 title game they'll have to turn around and beat UW a 2nd time or play an Oregon team who is arguably better.
Utah is ranked high enough going into the season that if they end up 12-1, they’ll get in. So much of the the rankings come from confirmation bias

Seems like every year two of these conferences wind up cannibalizing themselves enough to where they're out of CFP contention by year's end.....whether its putting out a 2-3 loss champion or having a situation like Ohio State last year (that loss to Purdue was ugly)

Back